The Canada discussion thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people don't get judged as individuals in society...Simple as that.

I know... But why are we lumping each other together. The fukk do I have in common with a somalian immigrant? I'm West Indian...I have a different culture than an Eritrean dude.

Can't blame white folk when we do the same damn shyt.

As for Caribana...I wasn't reaching before all this shooting shyt and I'm not reaching now. Too much police...too corporate. I'm good.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I know... But why are we lumping each other together. The fukk do I have in common with a somalian immigrant? I'm West Indian...I have a different culture than an Eritrean dude.

Can't blame white folk when we do the same damn shyt.

As for Caribana...I wasn't reaching before all this shooting shyt and I'm not reaching now. Too much police...too corporate. I'm good.

Good question.

BeezyWeezy

Retired :whew:
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Now I hate to feed into the ignorance as much as the next man, but people stay clownin us on the East Coast, like we ain't bout that life:rudy::usure:(never said I was, but I know the mens and dem)

ARTICLE SOURCE Halifax, we have a violent crime problem | The Chronicle Herald

"Canada’s police-reported crime rate dropped six per cent last year from 2010, figures released Tuesday by Statistics Canada show.

The rate is the lowest it’s been in almost four decades.

According to figures collected by the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, crime in Nova Scotia and the provincial capital were noteworthy anomalies among the national statistics.

For one thing, Halifax had the second-highest homicide rate in the country for metropolitan areas after Winnipeg. The rate in the Halifax region was 4.4 murders per 100,000 people. The national rate was 1.7, Statistics Canada said.

The federal government agency also said Nova Scotia is the only eastern province in which the total crime rate was above the national “crime severity index” figure, though the rate in the province dropped by five per cent in 2011compared with the previous year.

Halifax’s violent crime rate jumped by six per cent in 2011 over 2010, according to Statistics Canada. The national tally for violent crime for metropolitan areas dropped by four per cent.

Last year was a record year for murders in Halifax Regional Municipality, a region with slightly more than 400,000 people. There were 19 homicides and 75 shootings.

There have been at least 39 shooting episodes so far this year, Mayor Peter Kelly said Tuesday. That represents a decline from this time last year, he said.

According to Statistics Canada, the numbers of some crimes, such as attempted murders, assaults and break-ins, were down in Canada from 2010. But there was a boost in other serious offences in 2011, including homicides, which were up by seven per cent.

In Canada, there were 598 killings last year, the agency reported. There were 78 other violations causing death.

Kelly repeated his oft-said view that fighting violent crime successfully involves these major players: local police, the community at large, the three levels of government and the justice system.

He said effective social programs and more officers patrolling city streets can help keep violent crime down.

“It’s a combination of those two plus many more,” said Kelly.

Asked if social programs are truly going to help prevent gangsters from committing violent crimes, the mayor said such programs can be effective.

Kelly said judges must play a key role in reducing gun violence committed by repeat offenders.

“The courts have to help us make it clear that the use of guns is not an avenue and will not be tolerated,” he said.

Halifax Regional Police are tackling the matter of violent crime, a spokesman told The Chronicle Herald. Const. Brian Palmeter said police have made some changes in the wake of last year’s number of homicides and shooting incidents.

“We’ve taken some steps forward and we’ve seen some promising efforts so far in the first half of 2012.”

Palmeter said Halifax police have recorded 30 per cent fewer homicides and attempted homicides so far this year.

So far in 2012, there have been seven homicides.

He said police have made it known they are targeting people who are involved in violence.

“We’re actively going after guns when we have information that somebody is in possession of one. So far, in the first six months of 2012, we’ve seized 30 per cent more guns than last year.”

Palmeter also said the police department’s new guns-and-gangs unit and high-visibility patrols that target alcohol-related weekend mayhem in the downtown core are new directions police brass have taken to combat violence.

Police are continuing to follow up on people who have been released on conditions to make sure they’re abiding by those court-ordered rules, he said.

There were two million Criminal Code violations reported in Canada in 2011 — 110,000 fewer than in 2010.

Men continued to account for the majority of people charged with crimes last year, though the rate of them being charged with violent offences has dropped 32 per cent since 1991, according to Statistics Canada."

Now, we ain't putting up Tdot numbers, but for our population size :wow:
If we had as many people down here as ya'll do up there, we'd probably have a murder rate approaching CHI numbers :huhldup:

Ain't nothing really cool about this shyt, just wanted to put this out there, so people can stop acting like the East Coast, and Hali in particular, is just full of fisherman and nobody buss they guns here. There's guns and hoods everywhere you go in the world, ain't no different here :yeshrug:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So now they're going to search folk at Caribana. Too funny.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Won't matter, all the fukkery will happen late night on Yonge street anyway. shyt is always a hot mess, especially by Yonge and Dundas. Can't believe the amount of people that were flooded on the streets when I last went (04)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So now they're going to search folk at Caribana. Too funny.

as they slowly take away your rights and enter your data into cpic

no thank you

wont stop anything anyways, most of the crime is going to take place before caribana and after caribana at parties and clubs

since that england lady got shot i dont think anyone has been shot at the parade itself

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as they slowly take away your rights and enter your data into cpic

no thank you

wont stop anything anyways, most of the crime is going to take place before caribana and after caribana at parties and clubs

since that england lady got shot i dont think anyone has been shot at the parade itself

Yet folk are completely cool with it. I was reading the comments section in the National Post and it was :snoop:

We like to talk about he States being racist...well Canada is not that far behind.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
oh word?..i'm going to TO for caribana...how would guys say is the racial makeup of the parade watchers? I'm not white, but I will be with white people from there. I'm looking to enjoy the parade but not be corny with it. The chiks i'll be with do look good. So besides them being harassed, anything else i should expect? will bottles of Maple Syrup be thrown around in the crowd?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh word?..i'm going to TO for caribana...how would guys say is the racial makeup of the parade watchers? I'm not white, but I will be with white people from there. I'm looking to enjoy the parade but not be corny with it. The chiks i'll be with do look good. So besides them being harassed, anything else i should expect? will bottles of Maple Syrup be thrown around in the crowd?
mostly black. There are a good amount of whites sprinkled in there. If the girls you're with look good, don't go on the street up by the trucks...they will get grabbed and grinded on. Can't stand uppidy hoes who want to walk up by the trucks but don't want to feel a cock in their backsides.

You should be alright. Oh...and you may have to run from giant crowds..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yet folk are completely cool with it. I was reading the comments section in the National Post and it was :snoop:

We like to talk about he States being racist...well Canada is not that far behind.

ppl dont see the bigger picture

ill never let a cop search anything i have without a warrant, folks giving up their civil liberties and rights under the charter for a parade no thanks.

this is exactly what they did on g20

canada's racism is more sublime, they never searched anyone at the gay parade even with all the so called homophobes in the city, what does some pathetic shooting in scarbroough has to do with caribana oh no black gun crime = caribana

lets slip this in, and get fingerprints and identification on blacks not in the system

:ufdup:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

id never take a good looking girl to caribana or even down yonge on friday beforehand its thirsty nikka central

caribana always has a bunch of white folks there, you'll be fine, plus the amount of cops there esp being with white folks they will give you the if any ******** starts someting with you just let us know look :whoo: