The Canada discussion thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Lets not act like this is a common occurrance. Cuz its not at all. Bad sh2t happens everywhere. Itd sad but its life. Dont making tdot unsafe cuz thats a lie and disrespectful to those cities tjat have it much worse

totally agree; while the # of incidents in a place like Chicago far exceeds similar type of incidents in Toronto, the fact is that over the course of the past 3-4 months, alot of public shootings in Toronto has escalated/grown.

Tdot is just not used to seeing/hearing about these incidents on homegrown soil. Gets you thinking that its not just about the shootings, like you said its life (peeps gonna off each other anywhere in the world), its the fact that peeps are starting to not have any regard about settling their conflicts, A) with guns, and B) in the open public. Toronto aint used to that (moreso B)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
But also usually innocent folks are not dying or Catxhing a bullet years ago te odd Jane creba, Chantal Dunn( her bf was the target), Jordan manners

This year alone eaton centre, little Italy, fireworks July 1st and now this

I think that's whats causing the outrage etx. No one cares if some nikka known to police gor bodied or shot, but when its anyone Catching a bullet a different story

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lets pray Bana doesnt see a massive amount of violence this year.

I don't know ESP that eaton centre shooting, it was because dude randomly saw them why he let off shots, bana will have dudes from all over congregated in a core of the city all it takes is one look, one accidental bump, one Hittin on a dudes girl, one ain't that Mikey who robbed Daquan a few months ago.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm not even buying that whole poverty, community ish

Speaking as someone who was arrested and charged in Canada as long as you f up under 18 your record is sealed and destroyed when you turn 18. We don't have to pay 20k a year like Americans for university, even of you are dumb as hell and graduate with just ds you can still go to a trade school, college and transfer over to a university if you desire.

Even if you have a record as your older, government jobs don't discriminate based on records or education .

Canada also has one of the best labour laws and discrimination laws

I feel nothing for dumb ass criminals and ignorant folks who don't want to better themselves

I've lived in metro housing when I first came to Canada as a youngin, in a place called willowridge roaches and crime but my parents worked hard, no handouts my mom went to school and became a nurse and my dad became a welder

So :pacspit: at folks who just live a ignorant lifestyle an cry woe is me

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
The escalation factor in black violence just seems so abnormally high to me.

I've seen a bazillion white 'fights' where I'm from, and I can count on 2 hands how many times I saw anything beyond a baseball bat included and never once a gun pulled.

Yet any time I've ventured into the more 'urban' areas where the ethnicity isn't so damn Caucasian, there is always some sort of inherent flash point that the locals can sense when a fight breaks out that means 'time to go before the guns show up'.

Maybe it's got nothing to do with color but more environment, I dunno, but it's crazy to me.

GTFO this thread with this slick racist bullshyt. If you wanna see the escalation in white violence, google World War two, you cac a$$hole.

I'm not even buying that whole poverty, community ish

Speaking as someone who was arrested and charged in Canada as long as you f up under 18 your record is sealed and destroyed when you turn 18. We don't have to pay 20k a year like Americans for university, even of you are dumb as hell and graduate with just ds you can still go to a trade school, college and transfer over to a university if you desire.

Even if you have a record as your older, government jobs don't discriminate based on records or education .

Canada also has one of the best labour laws and discrimination laws

I feel nothing for dumb ass criminals and ignorant folks who don't want to better themselves

I've lived in metro housing when I first came to Canada as a youngin, in a place called willowridge roaches and crime but my parents worked hard, no handouts my mom went to school and became a nurse and my dad became a welder

So :pacspit: at folks who just live a ignorant lifestyle an cry woe is me

I like you breh, and I appreciate your input, but this is some very ignorant garbage. Just because you were able to succeed, and your family was by their hard work doesn't mean other families have the same opportunities. What do you say to those single parent households where the father/mother is on drugs? Alcohol abuse is rampant in these homes too, what say you to that? Unemployment is also rampant, how are parents gonna pull themselves up if they can't even find decent employment? There are success stories, like your own, but don't attribute your own success to superiority, just take your blessing and be grateful.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
GTFO this thread with this slick racist bullshyt. If you wanna see the escalation in white violence, google World War two, you cac a$$hole.

LMAO@ your feelings.

Why can't a white man ask that question? What the f@ck about that was remotely racist? I asked EXPLICITLY if it was NOT racial, but economic and your reaction was to call me a cac a$$hole.

:rudy:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
LMAO@ your feelings.

Why can't a white man ask that question? What the f@ck about that was remotely racist? I asked EXPLICITLY if it was NOT racial, but economic and your reaction was to call me a cac a$$hole.

:rudy:

Why wouldn't I have hurt feelings over racism? You asked "Why does black violence escalate so quickly" and then tried to compare it to innocent "white violence".

That's a racist twisting of the facts, gang violence is as much "black violence" , as wars, global imperialism and mass murder by Europeans is "white violence".

You fukkin with a scholar homie I suggest you turn around

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I like you breh, and I appreciate your input, but this is some very ignorant garbage. Just because you were able to succeed, and your family was by their hard work doesn't mean other families have the same opportunities. What do you say to those single parent households where the father/mother is on drugs? Alcohol abuse is rampant in these homes too, what say you to that? Unemployment is also rampant, how are parents gonna pull themselves up if they can't even find decent employment? There are success stories, like your own, but don't attribute your own success to superiority, just take your blessing and be grateful.

Daps
Maybe I came across as pompous but I did not meant to.

But why is it always black folk breh, I've worked in the courts, volunteered, gone to jail and prisons, we've all turned on the news and seen whenever someone gets killed by a firearm 9/10 times he's black and 9/10 times the suspect is black.

Most people are struggling daily, most people are living pay check to pay check, unemployed, living off government assistance yet it's always us who are blasting dudes away.

Ever been to the Toronto police website and read the daily reports?
About robberies, assaults etc.?
And that's just the reported daily crimes 90 percent the perpetrator is described as black.

I may be called a c00n and all that but fuk it , I'm all for mandatory sentencing for illegal firearms, I'm all for kicking nikkas out of community housing if they are convicted of a crime. Changes need to e made not some corny cop bbqs etc.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what drives it? Lack of opportunities? Poor education? Small portion of father figures? All of it?

I know I live in a state with some of the lowest crime in the entire US, which happens to also be 96% white people, so my first hand accounts were always limited to visits to Boston and the surrounding areas, but damn it seems like it must be a stereotype, but these news stories all over Chicago and Toronto got me thinking....
I thought you were from Boston acting like news from Toronto was shocking to you. But you are from NH that's even worse.

Of course you never see similar violence because you live in a state that has a total population of barely a million people. :mjpls: