The Canada discussion thread

shoo_laced

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Wishanikka Woods
Life in toronto is hectic man. This is a sad situation but I doubt we'll see that 2005 type of violence ever tho. that year was crazy man

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Life in toronto is hectic man. This is a sad situation but I doubt we'll see that 2005 type of violence ever tho. that year was crazy man

sad really; 14 year old girl dead (most likely innocent bystander :manny:), 23 year old man dead (could be a shooter...??), and 21 others hit/grazed by bullets

300 person block party on a Monday night :what: I know its summer, but still :wtf:

nikkas cant have anything these days; unfortunately, knowing how nikkas in Scarborough stay, retaliation will come

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So it was community housing, and they had no permit from metro housing for the party

Who the hell has a BBQ on a weeknight?

Why the hell is a toddler and a 14 year old girl out at 11pm?

More than one gun was fired

I think both were innocent bystanders the dude who was killed was shot in the back and no way a 14 year old girl was the target.

Conservatives are licking their chops as they will soon Brin in mandatory terms of 5-10 years for having a unlicensed firearm and lock up nikkas left and right and deport them when they are done their sentence

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
sad really; 14 year old girl dead (most likely innocent bystander :manny:), 23 year old man dead (could be a shooter...??), and 21 others hit/grazed by bullets

300 person block party on a Monday night :what: I know its summer, but still :wtf:

nikkas cant have anything these days; unfortunately, knowing how nikkas in Scarborough stay, retaliation will come

It was community housing, not like most folks have a 9-5 not judging just saying.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
The escalation factor in black violence just seems so abnormally high to me.

I've seen a bazillion white 'fights' where I'm from, and I can count on 2 hands how many times I saw anything beyond a baseball bat included and never once a gun pulled.

Yet any time I've ventured into the more 'urban' areas where the ethnicity isn't so damn Caucasian, there is always some sort of inherent flash point that the locals can sense when a fight breaks out that means 'time to go before the guns show up'.

Maybe it's got nothing to do with color but more environment, I dunno, but it's crazy to me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The escalation factor in black violence just seems so abnormally high to me.

I've seen a bazillion white 'fights' where I'm from, and I can count on 2 hands how many times I saw anything beyond a baseball bat included and never once a gun pulled.

Yet any time I've ventured into the more 'urban' areas where the ethnicity isn't so damn Caucasian, there is always some sort of inherent flash point that the locals can sense when a fight breaks out that means 'time to go before the guns show up'.

Maybe it's got nothing to do with color but more environment, I dunno, but it's crazy to me.

It doesn't
I'd say 95 percent of gun homicides in Toronto is black on black crime

I wish the media would stop sugarcoating it

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
It doesn't
I'd say 95 percent of gun homicides in Toronto is black on black crime

I wish the media would stop sugarcoating it

So what drives it? Lack of opportunities? Poor education? Small portion of father figures? All of it?

I know I live in a state with some of the lowest crime in the entire US, which happens to also be 96% white people, so my first hand accounts were always limited to visits to Boston and the surrounding areas, but damn it seems like it must be a stereotype, but these news stories all over Chicago and Toronto got me thinking....

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
So what drives it? Lack of opportunities? Poor education? Small portion of father figures? All of it?

I know I live in a state with some of the lowest crime in the entire US, which happens to also be 96% white people, so my first hand accounts were always limited to visits to Boston and the surrounding areas, but damn it seems like it must be a stereotype, but these news stories all over Chicago and Toronto got me thinking....

its a vicious cycle. Community doesnt afford the youth the opportunity to excel, and the youth dont look for other means in order to grow, mature. Its all about what they see, almost everyone in the same boat (their parents, aunts/uncles, cousin, friends, etc) and their appears to be little to no desire to change. While some things are well out of their control, alot of things are. Choosing to run the streets, get caught up, etc, has its consequences, and impacts not only the perpetrators, but others as well (case in point the incident last night).

To me, it may be the situation/environment that breeds a level of ignorance - "its what they know". I live only 30mins away from the shootout, but I've spent alot of time living in/around there (Scar Town Center, Flemo). Its rough, and alot of people there just accept it (maybe it is that hard to change, I dont know).

The 2 innocent lives lost is more of a concern, as its always a casualty of this "war". If the 2 (or more) gunmen offed themselves, it would still breed retaliatory behaviours.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:childplease: Boston and its suburbs have more murders a year than Toronto and its suburbs. Toronto is safer than Boston.

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets not act like this is a common occurrance. Cuz its not at all. Bad sh2t happens everywhere. Itd sad but its life. Dont making tdot unsafe cuz thats a lie and disrespectful to those cities tjat have it much worse