The Canada discussion thread

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Why wouldn't I have hurt feelings over racism? You asked "Why does black violence escalate so quickly" and then tried to compare it to innocent "white violence".

That's a racist twisting of the facts, gang violence is as much "black violence" , as wars, global imperialism and mass murder by Europeans is "white violence".

You fukkin with a scholar homie I suggest you turn around

My point was why does a fight seem to escalate into deadly violence in inner cities? I then asked explicitly if it was racial or economical or what. I also pointed out that I have seen bountiful amounts of white people fighting, which implies that I KNOW white people are just as violent as any other racial profile.

My point was, why does it not STOP at a just a 'brawl' in inner cities like people were in here mentioning about TDot? I even stated I had no idea if it WAS racial...and asked what other shyt contributed to it.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Daps
Maybe I came across as pompous but I did not meant to.

But why is it always black folk breh, I've worked in the courts, volunteered, gone to jail and prisons, we've all turned on the news and seen whenever someone gets killed by a firearm 9/10 times he's black and 9/10 times the suspect is black.

Most people are struggling daily, most people are living pay check to pay check, unemployed, living off government assistance yet it's always us who are blasting dudes away.

Ever been to the Toronto police website and read the daily reports?
About robberies, assaults etc.?
And that's just the reported daily crimes 90 percent the perpetrator is described as black.

I may be called a c00n and all that but fuk it , I'm all for mandatory sentencing for illegal firearms, I'm all for kicking nikkas out of community housing if they are convicted of a crime. Changes need to e made not some corny cop bbqs etc.

There need to be changes made, I do read the Toronto police crime reports, and I currently live in a bad community that's now the subject of an entire project/crackdown by Toronto Police, so I also have some expertise on this issue.

As for the 90% comment, that is unabashedly false, but I understand that black people are dis-proportionally involved in crime. A difficult concept for many people to grasp is that black people of all different cultural backgrounds in Toronto, whether they are Jamaican or Somali or African-Canadian, constitute the underclass.

Black people were systematically denied employment and loans throughout the 1950's, 60's and even the 70's. That racism resonated through the 80's with right wing governments reducing job programs and social programs which would have helped propel the black community. That is when our parents would have built an economic base for us to succeed, and unfortunately due to those circumstances, they were not able to.

As far as the harsh punishment, can you think of a single thing that has been deterred by harsh punishment, with regards to poor people? People still sell Heroin in America don't they? How is the threat of eviction, or a mandatory minimum going to solve the problem? It's only going to expand jails friend.

Broke Wave Please? If you set your mind to anything you can do it. Don't cop pleas

Keep living in the Degrassi dreamworld, friend. In reality world, where I live, circumstance and environment dictate your future more than anything, certainly more than, "setting your mind to something" :laff:

My point was why does a fight seem to escalate into deadly violence in inner cities? I then asked explicitly if it was racial or economical or what. I also pointed out that I have seen bountiful amounts of white people fighting, which implies that I KNOW white people are just as violent as any other racial profile.

My point was, why does it not STOP at a just a 'brawl' in inner cities like people were in here mentioning about TDot? I even stated I had no idea if it WAS racial...and asked what other shyt contributed to it.

I don't care what your point is or was, it was stupid. I don't care that you've seen white people fighting. You have the nerve to ask me why uneducated people resort to serious violence. Please consult a book.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Broke it aint just black people in the hood breh this is Canada. Public housing and the poorest people come from all sorts of ethnicities. Social factors definitely contribute but I dont know if they tell the whole story.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
That Joshua was a good brother from what I read. It's a terrible tragedy but lets look at the root causes.

We reap what we sow, our chickens of systemic poverty, neglect and abuse have come to roost this summer. Time to make our country work for US. Even if we've lost many of these youth, we can still win the next wave. Time to get active ya'll.