The Boys: Season 4 | Prime Video | *Assassination Run | Season Finale Out Now

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This show loves the fukk these Republicans trope, even from the villains

And yeah, fukk, Republicans

But Neumann and Sage are villains and they going for cheap laughs with the most lowbrow politics humor

tbf a lot of the shyt they were parodying actually transpired because rethuglicans are actually fukking idiots and say idiotic things regularly. I have no real problem with that, I would have just liked her big I'm officially evil now speech to have some more nuance...

however, I would like to see Neu Neu and AOC scissor :ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The best thing I've heard about Homelander is that he was (at least somewhat) aware, but couldn't leave or do anything to spook off the elites :yeshrug:

Firecracker got knocked out

Tek Knight knew about Hughie from the beginning. He immediately catches Hughie bumbling his way through the conversation with his awful impersonation, and the camera cuts to him rubbing the rim of his wine glass to test "Webweaver's" superhuman hearing and instantly notices the lack of any reaction from Hughie. But like with Homelander, he can't make a scene and makes sure to take him away from any prying eyes.

Sister Sage is likely working her own angle. They have some of the most influential and powerful people in America in attendance and Sage didn't hire any security guards to watch the entrances? More than that, she gives Neuman the speech so she can handle herself then agitates MM to shoot her. This gives her plausible deniability to not help Homelander. She has been surveilling MM since she knows all about his daughter so she knows he'll be at the party.

Sage knows that Homelander is unhinged, and putting him in power is a danger to herself. His Ego couldn't take it knowing she was smarter than him. She gives Neuman the stage (and all the support of the real rulers of America) as part of her plan to keep herself safe.
Sage definitely been playing the long game since HL first pulled up to her crib in the civilian clothes.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
tbf a lot of the shyt they were parodying actually transpired because rethuglicans are actually fukking idiots and say idiotic things regularly. I have no real problem with that, I would have just liked her big I'm officially evil now speech to have some more nuance...

however, I would like to see Neu Neu and AOC scissor :ehh:
Yeah but they could do it in a smarter way

And because Republicans say such ridiculous shyt in real life, I'm tired of them having such a focus in my media if it's not going to be done in a smart way

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but they could do it in a smarter way

And because Republicans say such ridiculous shyt in real life, I'm tired of them having such a focus in my media if it's not going to be done in a smart way

I agree it could have been more subversive it honestly was very out of character for her to be so blatant and transparent. thats the type of speech I expect homielander to make and I'm under no delusion that he couldn't, she didn't say anything too intelligent or thought provoking.

Boys top 5 most inept squad, outside of Butcher though. They all should have been dead like 104 times by now. Stupid asses still think they can beat Homie on some convert ops shyt :mjlol:

the fact he hasn't flown right their starlight hq or whatever and nuked it off the map is also surprising.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
I agree it could have been more subversive it honestly was very out of character for her to be so blatant and transparent. thats the type of speech I expect homielander to make and I'm under no delusion that he couldn't, she didn't say anything too intelligent or thought provoking.

Boys top 5 most inept squad, outside of Butcher though. They all should have been dead like 104 times by now. Stupid asses still think they can beat Homie on some convert ops shyt :mjlol:

the fact he hasn't flown right their starlight hq or whatever and nuked it off the map is also surprising.
That's why I loved the comic

They had chapters that were whole walls of texts that explained the history of super and Vought

They don't have a character as cool as comic stillwell

They put in EFFORT

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
That's why I loved the comic

They had chapters that were whole walls of texts that explained the history of super and Vought

They don't have a character as cool as comic stillwell

They put in EFFORT

Yeah I feel I guess I'm more lenient on this show because off jump I've considered it high end fukkery moreso than some poignant legendary story. So its descent into pure lunacy is not as irritating as GOT s8 etc.

Like from the gate they've shown the boys and their plots are almost always fukking stupid and somehow someway work so this isn't really out of the norm. buuuttttt the webweaver thing is very close to jumping the shark because that was just toooo stupid. even watching it live once I realized what they were planning I said "this is the dumbest fukking plan ever" out lout :dead:

lets see how they stick the landing here I have faith since ep 5 was phenomenal we can get back on track :ehh:

Panthro11

All Star
Daps
8w1fw2.gif

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
ehh they too deep now. but yeah thinking back A train is the fast person alive he could have easily just bugged the whole fukking party and that dumb ass plan didn't even have to transpire :patrice:
I'd start shytting on myself and get myself in a psyche ward

Then run to another country and become pass port bruh