The Boys: Season 4 | Prime Video | *Assassination Run | Season Finale Out Now

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Homelander clearly doesn't care about killing a civilian or two anymore. What's stopping him from taking out the Boys? Is there any logical reason why he doesn't just hunt down Hughie and MM and put a stop to this shyt? The blackmail angle doesn't work anymore.
It's fun for him.. On some Joker/Batman shyt. Joker doesn't really want Batman dead cause then what fun would he have left

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Way too often satire gets an A for effort and I'm seeing it right now with this season and it's weak ass satire

These references are :flabbynsick:. "Critical Supe theory" :flabbynsick: and I had to fast forward that Pizzagate scene:scust:

"You just don't get it" Nikka this shyt is weak

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Way too often satire gets an A for effort and I'm seeing it right now with this season and it's weak ass satire

These references are :flabbynsick:. "Critical Supe theory" :flabbynsick: and I had to fast forward that Pizzagate scene:scust:

"You just don't get it" Nikka this shyt is weak
I listen to the midnight boys(Black pod that covers comic and nerd shyt like star wars). I think they made a good point about covid and the strikes really aging this show. Like taht CST shyt wouldve probably hit better a couple years ago when that was in the news and FL/TX and shyt were taking that out.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listen to the midnight boys(Black pod that covers comic and nerd shyt like star wars). I think they made a good point about covid and the strikes really aging this show. Like taht CST shyt wouldve probably hit better a couple years ago when that was in the news and FL/TX and shyt were taking that out.
I don't think it's an aging issue. It's just the execution

The Boys has always had satire and parody but it's so low effort now. I said at the end of season 3 that this shyt was about to jump the shark because it's obvious they should've wrapped the story up but are trying to stretch it as much as possible because it's popular. So now you have all these rehashed jokes, dialogue, and plotlines

Other reasons the satire is weaker is because the show has become the thing it used to parody. The edgy shyt aside it's become just another superhero show :francis: Also when the satire is TOO on the nose and you're just copy pasting real life shyt with a few words changed what's the point? It comes off as low effort and nikkas being out of ideas

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Ayo

did she get so fed up of homelander that she lobotomized herself?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Ayo

did she get so fed up of homelander that she lobotomized herself?
I haven't read the books but i've seen theories online
that sometimes she likes to turn off her brain to function like a normal person
Her profile on the screen when Homelander and nem were recruiting
says she has regenerative abilities
so I guess her brain fixes itself

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read the books but i've seen theories online
that sometimes she likes to turn off her brain to function like a normal person
Her profile on the screen when Homelander and nem were recruiting
says she has regenerative abilities
so I guess her brain fixes itself

Ohhh ok makes sense. She gotta dumb herself down to hang out with Deep

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Homelander clearly doesn't care about killing a civilian or two anymore. What's stopping him from taking out the Boys? Is there any logical reason why he doesn't just hunt down Hughie and MM and put a stop to this shyt? The blackmail angle doesn't work anymore.

You know why.

PLOT CONVENIENCE.

But this is a problem of them not following one part of the comic.

In the comic The Boys ALL HAVE superpowers and is why Homelander and The Seven stay away from them.

It was a misjudgement to introduce Temp-V in Season 3, which made The Boys superpowered and on the same footing as The Seven, and then give it a drawback if the following season was not going to be the final one.