Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Last edited:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Bunch of filler in this season, a lot of characters seemed to be just...there, waiting to do stuff, like they had to come up with subplots because they had nothing to do in the main.

Frenchie has a lover from the past show up because him and Kimiko don't love each other like that, but then *surprise* in the last episode it's revealed they do love each other like that. So the whole Colin story was for what? Redemption? Getting over your past? You think I care? Kill Frenchie :hmm:.

Homelander's powers seemed inconsistent. Putting his character at the same party that Hughie had to sneak in and all that commotion upstairs when Sage got shot just didn't make sense. He has super hearing.

Beyond that the characters having plot armor is annoying. HUGHIE SHOULD BE DEAD. That scene with him in the air ducts and his sweat dripping on Homelander was ridiculous. Homelander even stuck his head into the duct. Hughie escaping had me walk away from the TV. I audibly went "Nope, that's impossible. You are not doing that with Homelander." Considering what he's capable of it's like the writers wanted to scale back his powers. Even Homelander said on one of the episodes "Why don't I just track them down and kill them?" And Sage waved it away saying something about the FBI might get on their tail like Homelander should care. Also, he's supposed to be able to see through walls, but the writers forgot. Which is weird because he saw that Butcher had a brain tumor in episode 1 so wtf?

You gotta take the good with the bad and the meh in this show. I get to the point where I was glad to be done with it. I like some characters and the universe, but it's also obvious the writers have a fetish and they're going to shove into the show wherever possible. You start noticing weird things like certain characters never allowed to have a sex scene, but other types of scenes and violations are highlighted to an extreme degree.

I was thinking this while watching the show, when's the last time we saw a heterosexual black couple have sex on The Boys? Why is MM always being put in strange situations? I know he has OCD, but now it seems to only come up when something nasty has preceded it. Is A-Train allowed to be with a black woman? The show did confirm that Sage slept with Black Noir as well as The Deep, but why didn't the audience see that? (after the reveal) Now some of this might be contracts or actors being married and not wanting to cross certain lines, but it's also very interesting.

You can tell when a show is pushing too hard for something. It's not even about gay relationships either. The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Inside No. 9, and Hannibal all had gay characters and those are some of my favorite shows.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Frenchie has a lover from the past show up because him and Kimiko don't love each other like that, but then *surprise* in the last episode it's revealed they do love each other like that. So the whole Colin story was for what? Redemption? Getting over your past? You think I care? Kill Frenchie :hmm:.
It wasnt even a lover from the past. It was apparently the son of someone he killed that he been guilty about killing this whole time. If this guilt came up before in another season, i dont remember it, so couldnt have been a major plot point. He gets close to the dude to confess what he did, but ends up sleeping with him :dead:

shyt was just straight up outta nowhere it seems.

Shadow

Daps
On the positive side I did like A-Train a lot this season and I'm interested in his redemption. Homelander of course killed it and so did the new comer Firecracker. I liked MM and Butcher. I didn't like the whole "Butcher's back in." "Butcher's out!" "Why the fukk is he here?" that they kept doing, which I get is a running gag but I was :comeon: nonetheless.

Hughie's mom comes out of nowhere. She left because she was depressed at 22. Again, :hmm:. I have no reason to care about this character.

I liked the fake commercials, the fake video game, the puppet show, etc. All the promotional stuff hits. I'm interested in seeing what Ashley's power will be. I like the new Black Noir.

The Deep storyline with the octopus, Ambrosia, was actually sad at the end. The Deep seems like a character that's afraid to really be himself. He's trying to be above land knowing that he'd be happy below with creatures that understand him and won't mock him. At the same time he's split because he enjoys some things about life on land.

I don't really care about Ryan now but his character might get better when he ages and settles on a voice. When he stopped the puppet show I actually thought he was gonna come out, either as gay or trans.

Speaking of, there's a bit too much on the nose writing as people have pointed out earlier.

"Defund the supes." "Critical supe theory." "The alt supe movement."

I was like "Alright we get it" after a while.

Overall, I'm glad it's wrapping up next season.

Shadow

Daps
It wasnt even a lover from the past. It was apparently the son of someone he killed that he been guilty about killing this whole time. If this guilt came up before in another season, i dont remember it, so couldnt have been a major plot point. He gets close to the dude to confess what he did, but ends up sleeping with him :dead:

shyt was just straight up outta nowhere it seems.
I thought they had history from AA? He was supposed to help Colin but ended up sleeping with him? Or something like that the lady from his past was talking about on the video call.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I thought they had history from AA? He was supposed to help Colin but ended up sleeping with him? Or something like that the lady from his past was talking about on the video call.
NA is where they met, where Frenchie first saw him. When he saw him at NA he recognized him from killing his parents. Felt guilty about killing his parents, tried to help him, ended up sleeping with him.
adLxAJk.gif

Colin was hiding under his bed the night Frenchie killed his parents, only seeing his scarred feet. That's why Frenchie tried to hide his feet from Colin.

Shadow

Daps
NA is where they met, where Frenchie first saw him. When he saw him at NA he recognized him from killing his parents. Felt guilty about killing his parents, tried to help him, ended up sleeping with him.
adLxAJk.gif

Colin was hiding under his bed the night Frenchie killed his parents, only seeing his scarred feet. That's why Frenchie tried to hide his feet from Colin.
Aw, thanks. That's right, he was from his past, but not a lover until the present.

And yeah, NA not AA :laugh:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.