"‘The Book of Clarence": LaKeith Stanfield, RJ Cyler, Alfre Woodard, James McAvoy, Teyana Taylor, Benedict Cumberbatch & more (Discussion Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I liked the idea of this more than the execution. It did feel a bit predictable and preachy but I appreciate the audacity and vision to go for it. Some parts worked better than others but ultimately the pacing was off and it felt like it was taking too long to get the revelation we knew was coming. That being said, I would definitely support more movies like this over the same old trite trash we’ve been getting for years. 7/10

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Prime example of if cacs put out enough bad PR on your product it will deter people away from it.

If Mel Gibson did this same film there would be droves of people lined up to watch this film.

I saw it in a smaller theater, that was pretty full. but I only saw black people in attendance. and this wasn't the theater by my crib where it's exclusively black folks. this was by my lady crib where there's a plethora of people from all races.