"‘The Book of Clarence": LaKeith Stanfield, RJ Cyler, Alfre Woodard, James McAvoy, Teyana Taylor, Benedict Cumberbatch & more (Discussion Thread)

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Interesting. I might have to see this now. I thought it was going to movie straight dissing Jesus or Christianity.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My review from another thread(no spoilers)

I honestly dont know what I think about this movie. One minute its a comedy,but not really funny. Next minute it takes itself very seriously and it has great actors. So since its not that funny, im thinking "should I be taking it seriously:patrice:".

Then something will happen that makes you say "nope,I shouldnt be taking it seriously at all". Theres a scene that completely took me out the movie towards the end.

Its a weird,somehwhat confusing movie as far as how it should be digested. Weird to the point I have to wonder if there are deeper meanings within the movie. Maybe the movie is speaking in parables like Jesus:ohhh:. Its confusing enough that it could be deeper than im grasping on first watch. Or it could just be a ridiculous movie,that has some good scenes/concepts. That couldve been great if they cut the silly shyt.

Also I finally came across some "woke" scenes. I Usually dont know what the hell these crackas be complaining about:mjlol: