"‘The Book of Clarence": LaKeith Stanfield, RJ Cyler, Alfre Woodard, James McAvoy, Teyana Taylor, Benedict Cumberbatch & more (Discussion Thread)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
We just don't have any new Brilliant Black Actors like we did in the 90s and 80s. Hell Cam in Paid and Full is better than anything we've had in a long time.

Black Culture is just in wierd place.
We have a bunch of brilliant upcoming black actors. There is a thread that has lists on here.

We just don't support movies like that.

(also, on the low RJ Cyler was great in this movie)

Last edited:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
We have a bunch of brilliant upcoming black actors. There is a thread that has lists on here.

We just don't support our movies like that.

(also, on the low RJ Cryer was great in this movie)
Fixed and Bingo.

If this was some rehashed Batman or Superman film this thread would be way over 100 pages by now.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Fixed and Bingo.

If this was some rehashed Batman or Superman film this thread would be way over 100 pages by now.
Yeah, this movie had a lot of them. Teyana Taylor wasn't featured much but she was great in that A Thousand and One.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Did anyone else think that
Jesus was going to be crucified next to him and Clarence would be the man that gets forgiven on the cross?
IMO, No considering Jesus sent that cac out I thought the cac would be the sacrificial lamb....kinda in a way he was.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

We just don't support movies like that.

(also, on the low RJ Cryer was great in this movie)
I'm only familiar with him in this movie, "rap shyt" and "the harder they fall".

but he was really good in all three projects. I definitely will watch anything he's involved with moving forward.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm only familiar with him in this movie, "rap shyt" and "the harder they fall".

but he was really good in all three projects. I definitely will watch anything he's involved with moving forward.
The first time I saw homie was on "Me, Earl and the Dying Girl." He got good comedic chops but he kind of out acted everyone in that movie, imo.

He was in Vice Principals as well.

He is a good fukking actor.