The Blueprint is Jay-Z's best album, not Reasonable Doubt.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'mma just end this debate with you right here. Jay-Z has NEVER released an album on par w/ Illmatic. NEVER.

That album is a masterpiece and above and beyond ANYTHING Jay-Z has ever done.

Nas is a better lyricist and MC. Jay is not on his level.

Jay-Z has never written a song as creative as I Gave You Power.

Jay-Z has never written a song so vivid as Fetus or Project Windows.

The only thing Jay got Nas beat w/ is shyt for the clubs. That's it.

So you can miss me w/ all that other stan shyt you talking. I ain't trying to hear it, nor do I have the time for it.
Jay stans about to make time for you today cuz
0NNW6T.gif

Daps
Listening to The Black Album right now. Now I'm torn between this and RD.

I guess my argument for RD is that it has higher highs than any other Jay album.

Dead Presidents, D'Evils, Can't Knock the Hustle, Feelin' It etc.

Black Album is more consistent tho and aged better in terms of production.

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps
This

Blueprint made me a Jay fan.

It's his most polished.

Jigga That Nigga is prolly the closest thing to a miss, but, I gotta give it to Reasonable Doubt with it at #2.

I gotta admit, Jigga that nikka is butt. :scust: That beat sound so cheap now. And then Jay-Z saying gnarly. :hhh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
blueprint was just the industry and newers fans giving jay-z the forced presidential album rollout that they know they should've gave reasonable doubt.

blueprint is really a borderline classic, being passed off as an all-timer.

like I said, it was pretty forced, then they had to turn around and give a similar rollout to stillmatic, due to the circumstances. and stillmatic definitely isn't a classic.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Man can yall kill it with the stan shyt. Jay and Nas are pretty much 1a and 1b at this point. both prolific writers, each with their own unique strong points.

On Topic: I'd take TBA and RD over BP any day.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Blueprint clearly his best album. We called that shyt a classic organically.

Jay "power of suggested" nikkas to believe RD was classic and nikkas ran wit it.

blueprint was more of a forced classic. the media told you it was classic before it dropped, and they keep drilling you about it, 16 years later.

reasonable doubt was THAT CHIT in the streets up north and with serious rap fans when it dropped. the masses caught on later.

I disagree, the Blueprint was an album that was carried by its production, lyrically its one of Jay's weakest efforts, IMO. RD, on the other hand, had great production AND great lyricism. Also, there isn't a song on RD that's wack like 'Jigga That nikka' and 'Hola Hovito'. Don't get me wrong both are great records but RD is a stronger album from start to finish. I find that most people who like BP better than RD are the ones that became Jay Z fans after he blew up and the ones that like RD better are the that were fans of his pre-Hard Knock Life. I'm not knockin' anyone but that's been my experience, it's kinda like those Nas fans that like IWW better than Illmatic, IMO.

AND THIS

great post

I liked hola hovito tho.

1. Reasonable Doubt
  2. The Life And Times Of Shawn Carter Vol. 2: Hard Knock Life
  3. The Blueprint
  4. The Black Album
  5. American Gangster
  6. 4:44

All classics. Name Nas' classics?

ehh.

stop the list after #4, and i'd agree completely.

order and all.

"Was thought to be a pleasant guy all my fukkin life, so now I'm down for whatever, ain't nothing nice"

:wow: RD >

41CNWJ5DYPL.jpg

yep

newer fans just wont understand.