The Blueprint is Jay-Z's best album, not Reasonable Doubt.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
  1. Reasonable Doubt
  2. The Life And Times Of Shawn Carter Vol. 2: Hard Knock Life
  3. The Blueprint
  4. The Black Album
  5. American Gangster
  6. 4:44

All classics. Name Nas' classics?

6 classics. Y'all stans are funny as a bytch. :russ:

RD is a really good album but all this classic about it of the last 10 years and some change is funny. RD won't even a big to do in 96' like it is today among nikkas.

So called classics don't get outshined when they drop, they get embraced.

Vol. 2.'s saving grace was that damn Annie sample. but Vol. 2, a classic? Why because it sold well? Hammer and Vanilla Ice sold well too. You know what else sold well? Crack. Yeah, so shut up. :mjlol:

The Blueprint, yes.

The Black Album, yeah.

American Gangster is 1 that comes close and I consider it a personal classic but in reality, it's just a really good album and return to form after Kingdom Come.

4:44 :comeon:

Illmatic is Nas' defining moment as an MC. Classic. A masterpiece. Jay ain't got a single album that comes close to this landmark.
It Was Written is a very great album.
Stillmatic. A return to form. Classic
The Lost Tapes. Classic
Life Is Good. Classic

4 Classics.:mjgrin:

Just face it. Jay will never be half the MC and lyricist Nas is. Nas won. Jay lost. The war is over. :manny:

Mike jordan of rap outside J working
now watch how quickly i drop 50

:ohmy: @stomachlines

No.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
6 classics. Y'all stans are funny as a bytch. :russ:

RD is a really good album but all this classic about it of the last 10 years and some change is funny. RD won't even a big to do in 96' like it is today among nikkas.

So called classics don't get outshined when they drop, they get embraced.

Vol. 2.'s saving grace was that damn Annie sample. but Vol. 2, a classic? Why because it sold well? Hammer and Vanilla Ice sold well too. You know what else sold well? Crack. Yeah, so shut up. :mjlol:

The Blueprint, yes.

The Black Album, naw. Half assed and some of it hasn't held up well.

American Gangster is 1 that comes close and I consider it a personal classic but in reality, it's just a really good album and return to form after Kingdom Come.

4:44 :comeon:

Illmatic is Nas' defining moment as an MC. Classic. A masterpiece. Jay ain't got a single album that comes close to this landmark.
It Was Written is a very great album.
Stillmatic. A return to form. Classic
The Lost Tapes. Classic
Life Is Good. Classic

4 Classics.:mjgrin:

Just face it. Jay will never be half the MC and lyricist Nas is. Nas won. Jay lost. The war is over. :manny:

No.
:mjlol: stillmatic and life is good are classics but RD, the black album, american gangster, or 4:44 aren't? :dead:

Lost tapes doesn't even count :russ:

:sas1: We can go bar for bar and i think we all know who's going to win

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
You nikkas are retarded and wrong. RD is his finest work. He could never reproduce a RD cause was still one foot in when he recorded that. There is no better album for hustlers when it comes to the lyrics. None.

:gucci:

raekwon-only-built-2-cuban-linx.jpg

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: stillmatic and life is good are classics but RD, the black album, american gangster, or 4:44 aren't? :dead:

Lost tapes doesn't even count :russ:

:sas1: We can go bar for bar and i think we all know who's going to win

Jay has The Blueprint and The Black Album as classics. That's it. I consider Unplugged a classic. That counts.

RD = a really good and now over hyped album.

American Gangster = a really good album and return to form.

4:44. Stop, my nikka. I'm literally laughing so hard that my face hurts. :laff:

Lost Tapes don't count? Shut up. :russ:

Bar for bar, Nas already proved Jay lost already. Jay not even in Nas' realm when it comes to the rhymes, metaphors, story telling, vivid imagery, and lyrics.

Jay ain't half the song writer Nas is. Stop it. You talking like a nikka who's never listen to the both of them before.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
OP needs to go back in TLR and JBO posting wack ugly/sloppy bytches and gtfoh with this undercover hate thread

RD is a classic you old ass fukkboy deal with it :mjlol:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
RD/Blueprint/The Black Album are tier 1 Jay-Z albums. Any of the 3 are acceptable to be ranked #1 in his discography.

I vote Blueprint though.
This. Although I'd tweak it slightly to say TBA is more acceptable at #2, but I really think BP or RD should be the #1 spot.

BTW to address the Volume 2 talk. I was a borderline stan for Jay for a long time, but I don't think I could ever call that album classic. It turned him into a superstar, and it had some amazing singles on it, and some good album cuts, but it's not a classic album. It's not even as solid all the way from front to back as Volume 3, which IMO is the best of the 3 Volume albums.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
Jay has The Blueprint and The Black Album as classics. That's it. I consider Unplugged a classic. That counts.

RD = a really good and now over hyped album.

American Gangster = a really good album and return to form.

4:44. Stop, my nikka. I'm literally laughing so hard that my face hurts. :laff:

Lost Tapes don't count? Shut up. :russ:

Bar for bar, Nas already proved Jay lost already. Jay not even in Nas' realm when it comes to the rhymes, metaphors, story telling, vivid imagery, and lyrics.

Jay ain't half the song writer Nas is. Stop it. You talking like a nikka who's never listen to the both of them before.
if RD, american gangster and 4:44 arent classics then nas only has 1 classic :russ:

Jay z is way more clever, easily has better wordplay, entendre's, metaphors,etc. And he is way more well rounded

We can go bar for bar, Im ready :sas1:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
if RD, american gangster and 4:44 arent classics then nas only has 1 classic :russ:

Jay z is way more clever, easily has better wordplay, entendre's, metaphors,etc. And he is way more well rounded

We can go bar for bar, Im ready :sas1:

I'mma just end this debate with you right here. Jay-Z has NEVER released an album on par w/ Illmatic. NEVER.

That album is a masterpiece and above and beyond ANYTHING Jay-Z has ever done.

Nas is a better lyricist and MC. Jay is not on his level.

Jay-Z has never written a song as creative as I Gave You Power.

Jay-Z has never written a song so vivid as Fetus or Project Windows.

The only thing Jay got Nas beat w/ is shyt for the clubs. That's it.

So you can miss me w/ all that other stan shyt you talking. I ain't trying to hear it, nor do I have the time for it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
OP needs to go back in TLR and JBO posting wack ugly/sloppy bytches and gtfoh with this undercover hate thread

RD is a classic you old ass fukkboy deal with it :mjlol:

Stans will be stans. How is this undercover hate when I'm giving him props for an album. Matter fact 2, The Blueprint and the Unplugged joint.

Shut up and stop acting like a bytch. You just mad cause I don't feel the same way about an album you like. :quikumad: