The Blueprint is Jay-Z's best album, not Reasonable Doubt.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Not to say he wasn't snappin but he was coasting lyrically because he could, not nearly the first Jay album I reach for.

True at the bolded. But there was nothing wrong w/ it because it worked w/ the beats he picked/was given. He showed more lyrically skills on albums like RD, Vol. 1, and even Vol. 3. But he sounds all the round better on The Blueprint.

Mag149

Back flipped on the mattress they slept on me on
Daps
Reppin
BX
The reason I slightly give blueprint props over RD is because on RD he was young and learning the ins and out of what he could could do but on blueprint he was "at the height of his powers" he knew what he could do what he was best at and he knew who he was.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The reason I slightly give blueprint props over RD is because on RD he was young and learning the ins and out of what he could could do but on blueprint he was "at the height of his powers" he knew what he could do what he was best at and he knew who he was.

You know what's ironic about that tho?

Nas was 19 when he dropped Illmatic. Biggie was like 22 started making a name for himself w/ RTD. Jay was like 27 when he dropped RD.

Which makes Nas and Biggie all the more impressive. :wow:

Mag149

Back flipped on the mattress they slept on me on
Daps
Reppin
BX
You know what's ironic about that tho?

Nas was 19 when he dropped Illmatic. Biggie was like 22 started making a name for himself w/ RTD. Jay was like 27 when he dropped RD.

Which makes Nas and Biggie all the more impressive. :wow:
Whre did that come from, some of y'all really do hate jay, even when it's a jay vs jay convo :ohlawd:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Whre did that come from, some of y'all really do hate jay, even when it's a jay vs jay convo :ohlawd:

It came from you saying what you just said in your last post. All I did was compare him to his peers.

And for the record, if I hated Jay, I don't see how I would've made this thread and would be giving him props.

See, that's the problem w/ stans. Stans don't know how to take constructive criticism. Fans do tho. They can admire shyt but also call out bullshyt.

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
I disagree, the Blueprint was an album that was carried by its production, lyrically its one of Jay's weakest efforts, IMO. RD, on the other hand, had great production AND great lyricism. Also, there isn't a song on RD that's wack like 'Jigga That nikka' and 'Hola Hovito'. Don't get me wrong both are great records but RD is a stronger album from start to finish. I find that most people who like BP better than RD are the ones that became Jay Z fans after he blew up and the ones that like RD better are the that were fans of his pre-Hard Knock Life. I'm not knockin' anyone but that's been my experience, it's kinda like those Nas fans that like IWW better than Illmatic, IMO.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I disagree, the Blueprint was an album that was carried by its production, lyrically its one of Jay's weakest efforts, IMO. RD, on the other hand, had great production AND great lyricism. Also, there isn't a song on RD that's wack like 'Jigga That nikka' and 'Hola Hovito'. Don't get me wrong both are great records but RD is a stronger album from start to finish. I find that most people who like BP better than RD are the ones that became Jay Z fans after he blew up and the ones that like RD better are the that were fans of his pre-Hard Knock Life. I'm not knockin' anyone but that's been my experience, it's kinda like those Nas fans that like IWW better than Illmatic, IMO.
The lyrics are the weakest part of blueprint but I still think there are a lot of gems in them. The flow is less crazy and interesting maybe than some of his other albums, but I think he was trying to say more with less. I dunno. It's a weird album in that respect. Basically every other Jay album sounds different lyrics and flow wise.

Still. The production and content is strong enough where I still think it's got a strong case to be number one.