“The black family was stronger during Jim Crow” - Congressional Coli breh

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yes the Black family was so strong and together when we had no other options. I know good and well the stress that era put on my Black family. All my aunts were cheated on and beaten. My uncles, and my grandfather included, didn’t know how to come home on a Friday after getting paid. And hey, getting drafted to Korea, testing out agent orange on them, coming back and not being able to get a job or take advantage of a GI Bill to buy a home, may fukk a man’s head up.

Even my family who had a tighter bond, and fits the mold of a good Jim Crow era Black family, there was cheating. In fact I’m taking a trip with dad next month to visit the product of that cheating. There was molestation at the church that was covered up.

I’m all for the Black family and in support of economic policy that encourages that. I will not ever use the Jim Crow era as an example of Black family greatness. If you do, and I don’t care who feels some type of way about it, you’re a c00n with male power nostalgic fantasies. We can have strong Black families without looking back towards a vile and repressive time in history.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
They spent some time on twitter and saw that some of us were spreading this misinformation and decided to spread it on a national level :francis: . Thomas Sowell been trying to push this concept for a while now:

I really never understood Sowell's plan or if he had one. Does he want us to go back to Jim Crow style laws? I understand the issue with the welfare state. But what is the end game?

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Ain't Byron's mom Jamaican? He may not have even have any elders that lived through Jim Crow America
Interesting.
full