“The black family was stronger during Jim Crow” - Congressional Coli breh

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
"the black family was stronger when white males had the most power"
:mjlol:They still do.
He’s right
:mjlol:Yup.
One, racism can exist without Jim Crow. Secondly, that could have happened without Jim Crow. I think the problem was forced integration and adopting white culture and more specifically picking up the ideologies of white women/feminism.

…If we’re talking strictly about families
:mjlol:Exactly.

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
I am so sick of these people :snoop:

It doesn't even matter if Trump wins the presidency or not, it's too many of these like-minded mothers fukkers walking around and in positions of power to even do anything about it, this country is fukked. And you got motherfukkers talking about not voting too, we're finished.

Any black person on the site agreeing can kiss my black ass.

This motherfukker Byron Donalds is married to a whole white woman but wants to open his mouth talking about black families, get the fukk outta here. :camby:

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This was said by Byron Daniels and not Donald Trump. Secondly, Byron Daniels is incorrect and people who co-sign it are also incorrect.

The education rates of the Black family were lower, Domestic abuse was/is rampant and the financial quality of the Black family during Jim Crow was also lower.

If you ever read “I know why the caged bird sings” by Maya Angelou she paints a vivid picture of Black life in the Jim Crow era and it wasn’t pretty.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
black people had a higher net wealth, controlling for that period’s dollar value,
This isn’t true. Black wealth today is anywhere from 3-6x higher when adjusting for relative inflation. And the poverty rates aren’t even comparable.

I’m sure the rest of what you said was largely bullshyt, but I can only stomach so much Jim Crow revisionism and sympathizing before my stomach starts bubblin.

At any rate, I wonder how a guy like Byron Donald’s would have fared under Jim Crow: with him being a convicted drug trafficker, who fornicates with and marries white women and all

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
so, the thesis of moynihan’w report, which was that the black family had collapsed and the black community had become an impoverished matriarchy, is false.

is that what you are saying?

:unimpressed:
So if monyihan wrote this thesis in the mid-1960s, why do so many conservatives romanticize the Jim Crow era as the “good ol days”?

I mean, it’s not a shock that 400 years of slavery and Jim Crow (block busting, debt peonage, red lining, etc etc) weren’t the right social and legal prescriptions to produce stable and upwardly mobile communities.

Daps
So if monyihan wrote this thesis in the mid-1960s, why do so many conservatives romanticize the Jim Crow era as the “good ol days”?

I mean, it’s not a shock that 400 years of slavery and Jim Crow (block busting, debt peonage, red lining, etc etc) weren’t the right social and legal prescriptions to produce stable and upwardly mobile communities.
this is why you have to take emotion out of this discussion and engage the data dispassionately. i think you can agree that the black family was stronger before segregation ended without supporting what would seem to be an implication that the black community should return to the apartheid state of jim crow.

what we should be asking ourselves, the very same question moynihan sought to probe with his report, is: “why has the black community fared so terribly after the institutional hurdles of jim crow were removed?”

imo, i think the blatant systemic racism of jim crow has been replaced by a colorblind state of apartheid that still obstructs our mobility, under the cover of post-racial universalism.

:francis:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
so, the thesis of moynihan’w report, which was that the black family had collapsed and the black community had become an impoverished matriarchy, is false.

is that what you are saying?

:unimpressed:
That report ignored a lot of the root causes for the challenges we faced. It also oversimplifying things:

Blaming the Victim: Critics argue that the report unfairly placed blame on African American families themselves for their social and economic challenges, particularly by focusing on the breakdown of the traditional family structure. This perspective neglects broader systemic issues such as racism, discrimination, and economic inequality.

Gender Stereotypes: The report has been criticized for reinforcing gender stereotypes by portraying African American women as matriarchal figures responsible for family breakdowns and portraying African American men as absent or inadequate fathers. This oversimplification ignores the complex dynamics within African American families and undermines efforts to address gender inequality.

Ignoring Structural Racism: Critics contend that the report failed to adequately address the role of structural racism in perpetuating inequality and disadvantage among African Americans. Factors such as housing segregation, unequal access to education and employment, and systemic discrimination were largely overlooked in the report's analysis.

Policy Implications: Some critics argue that the policy recommendations proposed in the report, such as promoting marriage and traditional family values, were misguided and ineffective. Instead, they advocate for policies that address the root causes of poverty and inequality, such as investing in education, healthcare, and economic opportunities.

Lack of Empowerment: The report has been criticized for its paternalistic approach, which some argue undermines the agency and resilience of African American communities. By framing the issue primarily as a problem of family structure and dependency, the report overlooks the strengths and resources within these communities.

Overall, while the Moynihan Report raised important issues about the challenges facing African American families, its analysis and policy recommendations have been subject to significant criticism for their oversimplification of complex social issues and failure to address systemic barriers to equality and opportunity.