The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Someone sent me a message asking about what I thought of the Little Black boy in the movie:

I wasn't mad at him from snitching, he was young and scared. Nat had them dudes chopping heads off, a little kid wasn't ready for all that. Nat should of never included him. I loved the ending because it showed Nat Turner silently forgave him before he was hanged just by looking at him and the little boy started to cry because he knew he messed up. It lead to him joining the North and fighting in the Civil War. Though it was sad they got Nat, that was a nice symbolic touch with the little boy.

Birth-Nation-revolt.jpg

30ACA22E00000578-3421397-Contemporary_depiction_This_was_how_a_woodcut_of_the_time_depict-m-35_1454013268255.jpg

Whole theater went like

giphy.gif

went that revelation during the rebellion occurred.

The ending and that particular look Nat gave to him was a nice touch.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
John legend is doing a black wallstreet movie

I Heard it was a television show not a movie. I think "Black Wall St" works better as a movie because the climax would be the Riots. Plus it will be R-rated and show the true brutality and not sugar-coated for television.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:mindblown:

They spent 17 million to bury the movie despite releasing it and giving it A LOT of promotion.

What is 17 billion to a Multi Billion dollar Corporation? Literally a tax write off.

I`m not saying they did this to bury, I`m just saying 17 million is pennies, when they are dumping 1-200 million dollars into other films.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:jbhmm:

We going to talk about the movie or we going to just keep talking about everything else surrounding it? I've yet to see one good post in here explaining why this film is great and the GOAT Slavery movie.
Breh

They don't care about the movie at all. Most of them don't even know the actual story of Nat Turner or care about movies. They just mad that Nate Parker may have raped a girl 20 years ago and people started talking about it after his star started rising.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What is 17 billion to a Multi Billion dollar Corporation? Literally a tax write off.

I`m not saying they did this to bury, I`m just saying 17 million is pennies, when they are dumping 1-200 million dollars into other films.
Breh

It's an independent film. They gave it a lot of publicity. You don't know what you are talking about and probably don't understand the movie industry that well.

Fox is not trying to bury it.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:stopitslime: This c00n.
You don't care about the movie or Nat Turner.

Your concern is more about making Nate Parker a victim than giving an accurate portrayal of the movie. It's a solid movie but because of Nate Parker's fukk boy nature and the rest of you being fukk boys, you want to boost it up.

And you would never call me a c00n to my face because you an Internet tough guy who don't even know what the word means.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
brehs, a lot of reviewers are saying this film is based aronund Turner's wife getting raped, is this true? How did you guys like the film?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So show up to Tyler Perry movies, but not Birth of a Nation :martin:

I don't hate on Tyler and I'm happy he started his own studio and hires mostly black actors, with that said I agree with the "Top 5" movie Conspiracy going around. Chris Rock either predicted this sh!t or gave them the blueprint to stop the energy and counter the messages being shown. It's clear that showing a man in a dress around the same time a Nat Turner movie is showing a powerful black man in charge taking control isn't a Coincidence. But don't make this about Black filmmakers verse each other. We just need to support films like "Birth of a Nation" more.

Nate-Parker-The-Birth-of-a-Nation-e1459672476246.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-03-04-at-12.10.18-PM.png

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
brehs, a lot of reviewers are saying this film is based aronund Turner's wife getting raped, is this true? How did you guys like the film?

Lies, I can name over 20 examples for the reason of the Rebellion including the Full Eclipse. They are writing want they want to see. Also the whole thing is laughable as if Black Woman, Men and Childern weren't getting raped all the time during slavery (Nate did a great job showing the pervert nature of White Slave Masters). Are they saying Nat Turner never witnessed a Rape during 1800's slavery? LMAO. By saying "Nat's wife wasn't raped" they are downplaying the constant sexual abuse black people faced during slavery. It's a bias agenda to relitigate this Black Man who won in court and punish him proactively. It's also kind of sad to see some Black People are joining in. Some of this reminds me of some of the slaves Nat showed in the movie that turned on their own people.

Notice how White people are on code with Mark Walburg, Polanski, Allen and tons of other White Abuses that were actually guilty. But this Innocent Black man is getting ran through the coals, SMH. A Black man in America is always Guilty no matter what. Meanhwile Whites have been getting away with Murder and Rape of blacks for hundreds of years during slavery and Jim Crow. Yet they want to paint Nat Turner as a savage for killing Whites (Women and Childern as well) as if he wasn't under the most inhumane circumstances. that their sick ancentors created and lived by for hundreds of years. Nat Turner showed them the mercy they had shown us. And even then he only Rebelled because he had no choice anymore. He couldn't go another day under that type of racial terrorism.

Last edited: