The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It is incredibly important that black people support this film and it's narrative. I personally have offered to buy tickets for people in my circle who want to go see the movie but may not have the funds this weekend. Because I feel that this movie needs to have a big opening weekend and I want to help as many people as I can get into a movie theatre and see this.

I hope other black people who care about their stories being told by them and for them feel the same urgency.

Peace
Listen.. I agree with everything you just said but I just can't take another slave movie even if it's about Nat Turner.. I'm tired. I'm not tryin to see any black women raped and black men being brutalized :damn:

I'm good

:mjcry:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@mastermind probably loved this character. :sas2:

MV5BNjU4ODQ2NTQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTQ1MjU0._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Folks, real talk...

I rarely go to the movies these days (prices, lack of theater-worthy films for me, time, etc.), and 8/10 times i go to a kids movie with my fam.

I NEVER go to movies on opening weekend...like ever.

But I bought tix for tonight at 7pm in advance because I wanted to support this film for several reasons.

Holla at ya father. :win:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Whoever talking about the female character are full of shyt.

His Grandmother, Mother, and Wife had plenty of lines.

Yea, I'm very confused by that criticism. Overall, their portrayal was solid, for both black and white women.

Starting to sense a lot of "hit piece" shyt is on the march now.

Last edited:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Listen.. I agree with everything you just said but I just can't take another slave movie even if it's about Nat Turner.. I'm tired. I'm not tryin to see any black women raped and black men being brutalized :damn:

I'm good

:mjcry:

I feel you but at least buy a ticket to help the numbers. You don't have to go see it.

Peace

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This was rough
I took my son to the batting cage today and wanted to slaughter any white boy i saw:wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:merchant:
What were your overall thoughts/rating of the movie?
I dont know to be honest fam.
Its not some ol bullshyt
But shyt like this just hurts me
It crushes my soul.
Cause i dont WANT to believe that we as black people are this weak.
I just dont understand how these people can continue on like they havent commited some of the worst attrocities ever. Like on some, "yeah, we fukked up. Our bad!" And continue to be these evil pieces of shyt.
How do i explain this typa shyt to my son?
HOW?!?!?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest. The dude that played Samuel Turner should probably win some awards for playing such a complex character. Knowing CAC Hollywood he probably will. :heh: