The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Our courts don't find people innocent. Not guilty means that there wasn't enough to stick him. By all accounts, the jury felt that because she gave him a blow job the night before, that gave him access to his body whenever he wanted it. He said himself that he would push his limits until a girl said no. A girl ain't saying a whole helluva lot when she's drunk and unconscious, is she?

Nate needs to be like Super Bowl Janet and stop talking. He's addressed it, so now he needs to never address it again. At this point, he comes off as extremely insincere. Just say "that was in my past. I was found not guilty in court" and do NOT allow it to go any further. Why? Because he raped that damn girl! He should just be glad that he got away with it and that black people aren't really going to care all that much, especially since the girl in question was white.
You do know that you could just as easily be accused of rape right?

You make it seem like there had to be any type of prerequisites to be accused of something.

If a chick wanted to press charges on you right now she could and even if you beat the case there would be people like you saying you were guilty anyway.

You see why your point of view is fukking retarded?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Alot of people won't like it because it's a film and not a snuff party. Lots of fine points and cinematography, but you could tell that it wasn't as ambitious as it wanted to be (budget). Alot of parts would have worked better without the music score too

People have complained about one dimensional female characters, but his mother and grandmother gave as much as was needed to the film. It was a personal journey for Nat, and they played their parts

It's not too much about a rebellion like I wanted, but I liked what he presented instead. The film worked for me because it felt like a real instance of someone just reaching a breaking point after alot of build-up.

Overall, I give it a 7.5/10 (8/10 without most of the cheesy music)

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Alot of people won't like it because it's a film and not a snuff party. Lots of fine points and cinematography, but you could tell that it wasn't as ambitious as it wanted to be (budget). Alot of parts would have worked better without the music score too

People have complained about one dimensional female characters, but his mother and grandmother gave as much as was needed to the film. It was a personal journey for Nat, and they played their parts

It's not too much about a rebellion like I wanted, but I liked what he presented instead. The film worked for me because it felt like a real instance of someone just reaching a breaking point after alot of build-up.

Overall, I give it a 7.5/10 (8/10 without most of the cheesy music)

Said on the Breakfast Club this was a 30 to 40 million dollar movie made for 10 million.

Chessy music seems like something they should have been able to avoid though. :patrice:

Then again I think the score for Boyz N the Hood is trash, but think thats still a great movie. :manny: