Reppin
.0001%

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

:snoop: This is the bullshyt I have to hear from the Black Podcasts I listen to whenever they talk about this movie & Nate Parker.

:what: Nate Parker would done interviews with Black/Urban media outlets like "The Breakfast Club" & Hot97/"Ebro in the Morning" regardless of the controversy.

That really does seem dismissive of black media outlets as not being as legitimate as their mainstream counterparts. If a non-black person made that type of comment those same podcasts would be coming for their scalps.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Another thing I find annoying about the negative reviews of this movie (aside from the constant comparisons to 12 Years A Slave) is all the nitpicking about historical inaccuracies as if this is the first movie to take liberties with the story of a historical figure.
It looks like Parker was intent on making what is essentially the black folks version of Braveheart and as an actual Scottish historical expert wrote after seeing Mel Gibson's movie:
“The events aren't accurate, the dates aren't accurate, the characters aren't accurate, the names aren't accurate, the clothes aren't accurate—in short, just about nothing is accurate.”

And I cannot recall Braveheart being shyt on at every turn for not getting all of the historical facts right.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Got my ticket. yes, that's singular. Neither my husband or any of my friends wants to see this. When I bought the ticket today, the seating chart showed I was the first and only one to buy a ticket for the 7pm show. :francis:
Nobody in my circle of friends and family want to see this either so I guess I am going solo too.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got my ticket. yes, that's singular. Neither my husband or any of my friends wants to see this. When I bought the ticket today, the seating chart showed I was the first and only one to buy a ticket for the 7pm show. :francis:

They don't want to see the film because the subject matter or because of Parker? How they respond to you wanting to see it?

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Lol at supporting Nate Parker being the litmus test of blackness

You doofuses got issues.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
wow-o.gif
rjiedh.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Another thing I find annoying about the negative reviews of this movie (aside from the constant comparisons to 12 Years A Slave) is all the nitpicking about historical inaccuracies as if this is the first movie to take liberties with the story of a historical figure.
It looks like Parker was intent on making what is essentially the black folks version of Braveheart and as an actual Scottish historical expert wrote after seeing Mel Gibson's movie:

And I cannot recall Braveheart being shyt on at every turn for not getting all of the historical facts right.
:mindblown: This!! Name a historical film that is 100% accuate?

I just did a Twitter search for "Nate Parker" & Shea Butter Twitter is now making HUGE DEAL about this.