The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Very good interview of Nate Parker by Ebro and Rosenburg. Probably the best I've heard from them in a minute.

:mjcry: The story about the fact that Nat Turner's defendants still live in the same area as the plantation & they c00n for and are still mentally enslaved to the descendants of Nat Tuner's Owners.

EDIT:

:russ: Was dude at the end of the interview talking about Tariq Nasheed when said someone popular telling folks not to vote?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:snoop: This is the bullshyt I have to hear from the Black Podcasts I listen to whenever they talk about this movie & Nate Parker.

:what: Nate Parker would done interviews with Black/Urban media outlets like "The Breakfast Club" & Hot97/"Ebro in the Morning" regardless of the controversy.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

I wonder who are these directors he was talking about :patrice:

Also it brings up an interesting discussion..

Lets say having a better director/filmmaker makes it a better movie, but adding a "positive white character" takes away from the vision he intended. Is that worth it or no? :jbhmm:

Because I constantly hear how powerful this movie is, but not necessarily how good it is. I think the power stems from keeping black and showing how real racism was. :ehh:

He also acknowledged that this was our "Braveheart"

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

:snoop: This is the bullshyt I have to hear from the Black Podcasts I listen to whenever they talk about this movie & Nate Parker.

:what: Nate Parker would done interviews with Black/Urban media outlets like "The Breakfast Club" & Hot97/"Ebro in the Morning" regardless of the controversy.

LOL, for real. It's normal to go to the Breakfast Club and Hot 97 to promote a project, especially a project that is appealing to black people.

Some of these folks commenting seem to be detached from reality.

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took off tomorrow so I could see this in the morning with my Dad and Brother.