The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You're a fukking weak-willed bytchmade nikka if you believe that shyt.

And I peeped your posts prior to this, and I know for sure you are too busy trying to play both sides of the fence, and appease whitey every chance you get.
appease whitey? :mjlol:

you too stuck on stupid to even know what this is about.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
But you don't know for sure if this was the case with Nate Parker :damn: :mindblown:
This fukker is trying too hard to appease his white liberal friends.

Even though a white conservative court system found a broke black man NOT GUILTY of raping a white woman.

Which means there was absolutely NO proof that he has committed the crime. SO if WHITE PEOPLE saw him as innocent when he allegedly violated a WHITE woman, why cant HIS OWN PEOPLE accept this as factual? Especially when they try so hard to put a black man in bars for no reason? :what: :mindblown:

@mastermind is the type of nikka that tries to appease whites and trashing black males every chance he gets.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
This fukker is trying too hard to appease his white liberal friends.

Even though a white conservative court system found a broke black man NOT GUILTY of raping a white woman.

Which means there was absolutely NO proof that he has committed the crime. SO if WHITE PEOPLE saw him as innocent when he allegedly violated a WHITE woman, why cant HIS OWN PEOPLE accept this as factual? Especially when they try so hard to put a black man in bars for no reason? :what: :mindblown:

@mastermind is the type of nikka that tries to appease whites and trashing black males every chance he gets.
Word!!

They just lookin for an excuse to throw a black man in jail if he even sniffs a white woman let alone rape accusations :mjlol:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
appease whitey? :mjlol:

you too stuck on stupid to even know what this is about.
Your whole steez regarding this issue is mad sus to me :patrice:

You callin him a scumbag and shyt when he was acquitted and his man that got knocked for it had the case overturned and was released :mindblown:

You sound like the average unknowingly racist white person

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Your whole steez regarding this issue is mad sus to me :patrice:

You callin him a scumbag and shyt when he was acquitted and his man that got knocked for it had the case overturned and was released :mindblown:

You sound like the average unknowingly racist white person
And was found innocent by a white supremacist court system, yet these negroes want to still believe he violated that drunk white bytch???

They try TOO hard to appease white daddy

Next is the Zimmerman deflections, watch.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Very good interview of Nate Parker by Ebro and Rosenburg. Probably the best I've heard from them in a minute.

@mastermind listening to him in this interview 19:50 min mark or so. You can see that they really had no money and they were on a tight/strict schedule. Filmed the battle scene in a day. I think Game of Thrones film there's over the course of a week.

Its probably a film you can't judge it against others that had major backing. Especially for one from a first time director. Less money/first time director it makes sense that it doesn't have the polish of 12 Years a Slave.

I think critics were probably taking that into consideration back in January, but now with all the controversy they're not. Obviously there are great films made for less....just putting things in context.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind listening to him in this interview 19:50 min mark or so. You can see that they really had no money and they were on a tight/strict schedule. Filmed the battle scene in a day. I think Game of Thrones film there's over the course of a week.

Its probably a film you can't judge it against others that had major backing. Especially for one from a first time director. Less money/first time director it makes sense that it doesn't have the polish of 12 Years a Slave.

I think critics were probably taking that into consideration back in January, but now with all the controversy they're not. Obviously there are great films made for less....just putting things in context.
thats cool.

I am looking at it from the technical standpoint. There were scenes where the jumpcuts were unnecessary yet they were there. The pacing of the open was kind of out of place.

I didnt call it trash, and when I look at art, I can do it with little bias as possible. Unlike most of the faux radicals in this thread. Its a 7/10 movie.

The battle scene was actually one of the best parts of the movie.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
There really should be another thread that specifically deals with the ambiguities of rape and how it's affected the lives of the likes of Derrick Rose and Nate Parker.

Having that convo here just isn't productive for any side.

At the end of the day, regardless of how broken the justice system is (and it's extremely broken or, as other's say, it works the way it's supposed to), the justice system is not the place to determine whether Nate Parker should feel remorse and the verdict shouldn't eclipse the fact that we really need to have a conversation about rape.

I've said it ad nauseam... Rape and Racism are the two most misunderstood concepts in American Society.

The same way we get infuriated that certain demographics can't seem to grasp that racism isn't as black and white as "burning crosses, KKK, and whites only water fountains" and that the layers to institutional racism is something that needs to be studied to be fully understood....

We have to also understand how anti-rape proponents get infuriated that people just view rape as "she said no, and I still went for it." The layers related to alcohol, pressure, influence, etc requires a discussion.

Sigh....I really want this movie to succeed.:wow:

Last edited: