The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

See what I'm sayin.. Like I said before I'm good on this.. How the fukk you gonna make this movie and not show white people gettin killed :what:

Then don't make the shyt at all then if they making you make it "easily digestable" for the masses..

fukkin watered down bullshyt

Charmalage said nikkas was doing mortal kombat fatalities on crackers
He seen a guest screening

Crackers is getting killed best believe

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago.

First, Nate Parker is a scumbag and probable rapist.

The film itself is 7/10. I think a better director would have done better. Pacing is bad at times. Shot composition sorta sucks at times as well. Also sometimes there were jumpcuts when it wasnt needed. Stuff you wouldnt notice unless it is abundantly there.

The story is great though, and needed to be told. Also Parker and the woman who played his wife were great, as was Arne Hammer.

IDK why you all believe idiots like Charlamagne, A LOT of white people were killed. In their beds, in the field, and in battle. Its a 7/10 movie though.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The film itself is 7/10. I think a better director would have done better. Pacing is bad at times. Shot composition sorta sucks at times as well. Also sometimes there were jumpcuts when it wasnt needed. Stuff you wouldnt notice unless it is abundantly there.

The story is great though, and needed to be told. Also Parker and the woman who played his wife were great, as was Arne Hammer.

IDK why you all believe idiots like Charlamagne, A LOT of white people were killed. In their beds, in the field, and in battle. Its a 7/10 movie though.
:russ: Damn. You aint like this dude eh. At least you were fair about the movie.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Charmalage said nikkas was doing mortal kombat fatalities on crackers
He seen a guest screening

Crackers is getting killed best believe
When did he screen it? Cause alot can change in between when the film was independent film and a final release by racist ass Fox.
Fox is notorious for Excecutive Meddling. You can't do what you want at Fox unless you are Matt Groening... and even that was only for Futurama cause he used his Simpsons leverage to negotiate the single most creative control over a Fox project ever. He still can't even do what he wants on the Simpsons after 25 years and thats PG-13 jokes not killing white devils in R fashion.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I watched it a month ago at the Toronto Film Festival. In fact, one thing that struck out to me was how white characters who would typically get spared in other film narratives, got killed on camera :merchant:

Also thought it started off slow but generally thought it was worth watching a film that flipped the conventional slave film plot lines :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Dog.... :what:

What are you talkin about?

Where you there?
nope, neither were you but you can continue defending him as if you were.

I watched it a month ago at the Toronto Film Festival. In fact, one thing that struck out to me was how white characters who would typically get spared in other film narratives, got killed on camera :merchant:

Also thought it started off slow but generally thought it was worth watching a film that flipped the conventional slave film plot lines :manny:
They didnt show him killing a baby, which Nat Turner did.

Its worth watching but its not a great movie. 12 Years a Slave was amazing to me. This movie mostly just made me angrier at white people, but wasnt more than that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He was acquitted and his man got his sentence overturned..

So why are you over hear sounding like a real CAC sayin he did it?

What the fukk

:what:
This aint a "Cac" or "black" or whatever thing, so fukk that. He probably raped that girl. He and his crew definitely put out flyers on campus with her image that harassed her as well.

And I want you to hold this standard for ALL cases in which the judgement do not go the way you want. Starting with George Zimmerman's acquittal.