The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just dont tell us @MartyMcFly was on his podcast sayin the same shyt :wow: just dont tell us that :wow:

:russ: no. My boy asked me about this and I said "I don't give a shyt" which were my exact words. I'll see the movie, hope it's dope and that's it. I'll let the militants get their panties in a bunch over media bullshyt. Too many real problems to deal with to deal with the made up ones. So that's why I've been "quiet" @satam55 cause I've got a life and don't give a shyt

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:francis: I'm listening to last week's episodes of the various Black podcasts I regularly listen to....

:snoop: These nikkas really talking about they no longer excited for this movie & they're not gonna go out & see/support this movie in theaters.

:pacspit: As far as I'm concerned, They're all c00ns! Because they all went to the theaters & saw the last 2 X-Men movies that were directed/co-produced/co-written by Bryan Singer on Opening weekends. But they out here tapdancing & making excuses about why they won't go see "Birth of a Nation".
Listen to the newest episode of Charlemagne's podcast

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
From Thursday last week (8/18/2016) on Roland Martin's show on TVOne:

Ahead of the release of Nate Parker‘s critically acclaimed biopic, The Birth of a Nation, a decades-old rape case has resurfaced, resulting in a major controversy for the filmmaker.

As a result of the allegations, many are calling for a boycott of the film, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival and was purchased by Fox Searchlight for $17.5 million.

On Thursday’s edition of NewsOne Now, Roland Martin and his panel of guests discussed the controversy surrounding Parker, the 1999 rape case, the upcoming release of this film, and if African-Americans should support it amid the scandal.

Read more: http://newsone.com/3512854/should-black-america-support-birth-of-a-nation-amid-nate-parker-scandal/

Watch NewsOne Now every weekday morning at 7AM ET on TV One.

:snoop: At these women being perfectly fine with distracting from the message in this film. They are literally trying to act like Rape/Sexual Assault is a problem unique to the Black community.

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From Thursday last week on Roland Martin's show on TVOne:

:snoop: At these women being perfectly fine with distracting from the message in this film. They are literally trying to act like Rape/Sexual Assault is a problem unique to the Black community.

They are agents and tools for white supremacy. Foolish woman was actually trying to argue that the justice system has the same sort of bias towards black men as it does towards white police officers.

Brother in suit between them was the only one talking any sense and you could tell he was holding back what he really wanted to say. It's funny that those 2 loud mouth birds also quoted the same magazine article with cherry picked excerpts as their source of information. All their opnions are based off of a very superficial knowledge of the case and I dont think they even realized that the accuser was a white woman.

Whats even sadder is that these c00ns were probably the type to forgive dylan roof within days of the massacre but cant forgive nate parker after 17 years and a not guilty verdict. Were is all the talk of forgiveness now?

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
From Thursday last week on Roland Martin's show on TVOne:

wasn't the victim in the case white?

Daps
:ehh: I was listening to FanBros and they were disappointed in Nate after reading the phone transcripts, but still said the success of this film and Nat Turner's legacy being told was bigger than that. And recommended everyone to still go see it.

Seems like a fair stance, I still need to read these phone transcripts for myself so I can form my own opinion. But I agree this film NEED our support regardless.

Why are you basing an entire trial, which has a trial transcript that probably consists of hundreds of pages, on an excerpt?

Daps
I just looked up the case file, and she slept with him the morning after the alleged rape occurred: FindLaw's Superior Court of Pennsylvania case and opinions.. I am really not entertaining this foolishness anymore. The black feminists and black LGBT (who are the ones loudest about this for two different reasons that have nothing to do with trial) can scream about it until they pass out.

Last edited:

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
The new Ad for this movie is disgusting... I knew it would turn out like that once he sold it to FOX.

They trying to make Nat Turner a Civil Rights activist?

shyt's mindblowing...

This entire campaign has been a disaster.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

His telling that fib doesn't mean he raped the woman, only that he is combating a corrupt legal system trying to condemn men for group sex. The so-called "raped" girl slept with Nate the morning after she was raped. Who does that?