The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
His telling that fib doesn't mean he raped the woman, only that he is combating a corrupt legal system trying to condemn men for group sex.

He wasn't charged until months after the fact.

The so-called "raped" girl slept with Nate the morning after she was raped. Who does that?

Plenty of rape victims. Google - it's your friend.

Annnnd so it begins...

The American Film Institute has canceled its Friday screening of “Birth of a Nation,” which was to be followed by a Q&A with filmmaker and star Nate Parker, whose 1999 rape case has put the filmmaker and distributor Fox Searchlight on the defensive this past week.

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
The burden of proof for a murder case and a rape case are extremely disparate. Victims of a murder trial cannot even give a testimony or be cross examined while alleged rape victims are able. Comparing the two is beyond egregious. You chose to compare it to that trial and not another rape trial for a reason. Are the people who are skeptical of Steven Avery's conviction supposed to be skeptical of Darren Sharper's conviction because of how easy it is to "choose your own interpretations out of favoritism?" Nuance exists for a reason, so do not be oblivious.

what u doing in the red breh u spoke the truth

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjlol: I'm noticing on Twitter that everytime a famous Black person comes out to support and/or defend Nate Parker, the Black Feminists/LGBTs & the c00ns who support them, feel some type of way about it.

Harry Belafonte & Al Sharpton defended Nate Parker yesterday & now I'm see these folks I follow on Twitter tweeting/retweeting about how their disappointed & mad at them.

:popcorn:I'm now really excited about this movie being released now. The closer we get to the release, they gonna realize they on their own with the anti-Nate shyt in Black society.

EDIT:
They was MAD AF about this new Nate Parker Variety interview from Yesterday:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Again, that statement doesn't mean anything. It just means he wasn't trying to talk about a train.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
CqqBpK9WgAASCnZ.jpg

This is a picture of Nate Parker's accuser. http://dailym.ai/2bgEz7Z

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am going to keep it 100, through the history of time black brehs allegedly raping or even being accused of raping white women will get tons of publicity.

He had to have known this was coming.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

This media outrage was so predictable that this is almost comical

I had to chuckle this morning when I saw of these dudes on Twitter who been shytting on Nate Parker get mad all of sudden when they that saw the article from The Hollywood Reporter about about what Oscar Voters are saying anonymously about Nate Parker and 'Birth of a Nation': They acting like they didn't see this coming.