The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Ya mama.

Lucky for us we can simply just put you on ignore. It's your real life friends and family I pity.

They're fine. Now go run to the control panel and put me on ignore just like you said you would so I don't have to be bothered with your little boy tears.

Daps
It's not even about the content of the cases. It's about the fact that people did not accept the result of the Zimmerman trial, and the same can be said about Parker's case. You can call it an (over)simplified comparison but at the end of the day it's nonsensical to support the notion that a court ruling is always the correct ruling, so the mere fact that he was cleared of his charges in itself is not proof of his innocence.

I only used Zimmerman as an example because it's an obvious case of people disagreeing with the court ruling, I'm not sure what's so hard to get about that.

They are not action potentials. They are not all-or-none. No one is saying that the court ruling is always right. They are saying that they believe it to be right in that case, and your inability to understand that makes no sense. They do not even have the same burden of proof.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Y'know looking at this whole situation and Nate needs to fire his publicity team because they have not done him any favors in how they are handling this issue.
First mistake was addressing it in print on Deadline and then (I think) Vanity Fair because it is much easier for people to read into the written word in negative ways.
Parker should have done a TV interview tour with a mix of regular and black media outlets so he could have used his acting chops to show that he felt contrition and empathy for the woman who accused him and for the behavior he engaged in that night while still maintaining his innocence. I think that would have helped with the backlash a bit.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:francis: I'm listening to last week's episodes of the various Black podcasts I regularly listen to....

:snoop: These nikkas really talking about they no longer excited for this movie & they're not gonna go out & see/support this movie in theaters.

:pacspit: As far as I'm concerned, They're all c00ns! Because they all went to the theaters & saw the last 2 X-Men movies that were directed/co-produced/co-written by Bryan Singer on Opening weekends. But they out here tapdancing & making excuses about why they won't go see "Birth of a Nation".

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:francis: I'm listening to last week's episodes of the various Black podcasts I regularly listen to....

:snoop: These nikkas really talking about they no longer excited for this movie & they're not gonna go out & see/support this movie in theaters.

:pacspit: As far as I'm concerned, They're all c00ns! Because they all went to the theaters & saw the last 2 X-Men movies that were directed/co-produced/co-written by Bryan Singer on Opening weekends. But they out here tapdancing & making excuses about why they won't go see "Birth of a Nation".
I am assuming one of those was The Black Guy Who Tips. What other podcasts you listen to?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I am assuming one of those was The Black Guy Who Tips. What other podcasts you listen to?

just dont tell us @MartyMcFly was on his podcast sayin the same shyt :wow: just dont tell us that :wow:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"Where's My 40 Acres" podcast

"Insanity Check", 'Comic Book Character Corner", "Super Tuesday Recap", Movie & TV show reviews Podcasts from movietrailerreview,net

"Gaming and Than Some" podcast

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
"Where's My 40 Acres" podcast

"Insanity Check", 'Comic Book Character Corner", "Super Tuesday Recap", Movie & TV show reviews Podcasts from movietrailerreview,net

"Gaming and Than Some" podcast

:ehh: I was listening to FanBros and they were disappointed in Nate after reading the phone transcripts, but still said the success of this film and Nat Turner's legacy being told was bigger than that. And recommended everyone to still go see it.

Seems like a fair stance, I still need to read these phone transcripts for myself so I can form my own opinion. But I agree this film NEED our support regardless.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

just dont tell us @MartyMcFly was on his podcast sayin the same shyt :wow: just dont tell us that :wow:
:mjpls: I noticed he's been quiet & ain't been in this thread.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:ehh: I was listening to FanBros and they were disappointed in Nate after reading the phone transcripts, but still said the success of this film and Nat Turner's legacy being told was bigger than that. And recommended everyone to still go see it.

Seems like a fair stance, I still need to read these phone transcripts for myself so I can form my own opinion. But I agree this film NEED our support regardless.
Here is the phone transcript exerpt that has been posted online: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/callexcerpt-wm.pdf

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

:win:he was cleared in a court of law

:win:watching first weekend out