The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The burden of proof for a murder case and a rape case are extremely disparate. Victims of a murder trial cannot even give a testimony or be cross examined while alleged rape victims are able. Comparing the two is beyond egregious. You chose to compare it to that trial and not another rape trial for a reason. Are the people who are skeptical of Steven Avery's conviction supposed to be skeptical of Darren Sharper's conviction because of how easy it is to "choose your own interpretations out of favoritism?" Nuance exists for a reason, so do not be oblivious.

It's not even about the content of the cases. It's about the fact that people did not accept the result of the Zimmerman trial, and the same can be said about Parker's case. You can call it an (over)simplified comparison but at the end of the day it's nonsensical to support the notion that a court ruling is always the correct ruling, so the mere fact that he was cleared of his charges in itself is not proof of his innocence.

I only used Zimmerman as an example because it's an obvious case of people disagreeing with the court ruling, I'm not sure what's so hard to get about that.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
I will be curious to see if Casey Affleck...who has been getting a great deal of Oscar buzz for Manchester By The Sea...ends up getting the same type of backlash from the masses when his movie is about to be released.
Dude has had multiple accusations of sexual harrassment leveled against him and in one case he even snuck into one of the cinematographer's room at night, stripped down to his underwear, crawled into bed with her and started rubbing on her.

You'll never see that because white people live by a code to never PUBLICLY call out another white person's sins (Ryan Lochte) :mjpls:, black people on the another hand are the first ones to call out another black person for what they may have (or in Nate Parker's case) haven't done:mjpls:

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

:mjlol: Black Feminists, y'all.
And proud of it. Deal.
Lucky for us we can simply just put you on ignore. It's your real life friends and family I pity.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I take it you don't know much about Central or Western PA...those areas are enclaves of racist redneck hillbilly a$$holes.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here. I already said I'll see the movie. Still doesn't change the fact that it's really, really hard to prove a rape case and the burden of proof is still on the woman and they usually have to have a smoking gun to get a conviction.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
pretty much

i was just talkin to somebody about this the other day. that area is pretty much the south except they root for Penn State instead of the SEC
"Pennsyltucky" was not a name created for Orange Is The New Black...the parts of PA outside the Pittsburgh and Philly metro areas is redneck country.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

bedwench

Daps
Reppin
St louis

:umad:Black Feminists, LGBTs, & the c00ns who are supporting them to take Nate Parker down, come take yo L.

wat6rr.jpg