The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I will be curious to see if Casey Affleck...who has been getting a great deal of Oscar buzz for Manchester By The Sea...ends up getting the same type of backlash from the masses when his movie is about to be released.
Dude has had multiple accusations of sexual harrassment leveled against him and in one case he even snuck into one of the cinematographer's room at night, stripped down to his underwear, crawled into bed with her and started rubbing on her.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Idiot. There is no debate as to whether zimmerman killed trayvon. Zimmermam confessed to killing him. That case was about whether or not the killing was justified legally as self defense.

That trial also played out in the media. It wasnt 17 years ago. We saw zimmerman smirking in the court room. We knew about details that didnt even make into trial evidence. Him bragging to people about killing trayvon, trying to auction the murder weapon, his racist past and his racist brother who was all over fox news.

We didnt just read the court docs to form a opinion on zimmerman. Cause if that all you did you wouldn't know half the story. We saw his recent arrests for domestic violence etc.. his bragging about the killing and racist statements on twitter and facebook. There is no comparison.

All the shyt you mention about Zimmerman's behavior is fukking circumstantial and you call me the idiot?:camby:

If you want to twist Zimmerman's case into whether him killing Trayvon was legal or not, you can twist Parker's case into whether him having sex with the woman was consensual or not since he already admitted he had sex with her. See how easy it is to pick & choose your own interpretations out of favoritism?

Again, it's obvious there's an agenda at work here but let's not act like all of a sudden people who question the court system almost on the daily start taking their judgment as gospel out of favoritism. It's one or the other, not this pick & choose shyt.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the shyt you mention about Zimmerman's behavior is fukking circumstantial and you call me the idiot?:camby:

If you want to twist Zimmerman's case into whether him killing Trayvon was legal or not, you can twist Parker's case into whether him having sex with the woman was consensual or not since he already admitted he had sex with her. See how easy it is to pick & choose your own interpretations out of favoritism?

Again, it's obvious there's an agenda at work here but let's not act like all of a sudden people who question the court system almost on the daily start taking their judgment as gospel out of favoritism. It's one or the other, not this pick & choose shyt.

There is nothing to twist. You are the idiot that is pretending not to understand what a self defense trial is. Zimmerman shooting and killing martin is a fact and basis of the whole trial. Nobody but your dumb ass is questioning that. They were not trying to determine whether or not Zimmerman killed trayvon in the first place. Zimmermam admitted to the killing. people were upset with fact of him killing an unarmed child in his own neighborhood regardless of the legality.

Nobody is claiming to be upset at Nate parker for just having consensual sex. Is that what you are upset about?? The Nate parker trial though was about determining the validity of the rape accusation. And they determined it to be false. Calling zimmerman a killer is a fact. Calling parker a rapist is a lie.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
There is nothing to twist. You are the idiot that is pretending not to understand what a self defense trial is. Zimmerman shooting and killing martin is a fact and basis of the whole trial. Nobody but your dumb ass is questioning that. They were not trying to determine whether or not Zimmerman killed trayvon in the first place. Zimmermam admitted to the killing. people were upset with fact of him killing an unarmed child in his own neighborhood regardless of the legality.

Nobody is claiming to be upset at Nate parker for just having consensual sex. Is that what you are upset about?? The Nate parker trial though was about determining the validity of the rape accusation. And they determined it to be false. Calling zimmerman a killer is a fact. Calling parker a rapist is a lie.

Goddamn, how hard is it to get such a simple point? :snoop:

You're not even making sense because nowhere did I ever say the Zimmerman trial was to determine whether he killed Trayvon or not. All I said was that he was cleared of all the charges put against him, yet a lot of people. myself included, felt completely different. If you can't understand that regardless of the fact Parker was cleared of all charges, people might read up on the case and feel different about Parker, I don't know what to tell you.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goddamn, how hard is it to get such a simple point? :snoop:

You're not even making sense because nowhere did I ever say the Zimmerman trial was to determine whether he killed Trayvon or not. All I said was that he was cleared of all the charges put against him, yet a lot of people. myself included, felt completely different. If you can't understand that regardless of the fact Parker was cleared of all charges, people might read up on the case and feel different about Parker, I don't know what to tell you.

You're not making a point. You are oversimplifying to make a baseless comparison. The zimmerman outrage was due to the FACT he killed an unarmed child. The charges he faced in court were not disputing that. Folks were outraged and protesting before he was even arrested. Zimmerman was not cleared of killing trayvon. He was cleared of the manslaughter charge for the killing. The fact the he killed him was established on day 1. That's the basis of the zimmerman outrage. And we had a lot more to go on than just a few 17 year old court transcripts to form an opinion.

Nate parker however was cleared of the very thing you are accusing him of. So there is no basis for your outrage. Are you trying to argue your knowledge of these two cases are the same? You have no new evidence. You didnt witness the trial or have access to the evidence or lack thereof. You know absolutely nothing outside a few old court transcripts floating online and some opinion pieces written by clowns with the same level of superficial knowledge.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You're not making a point. You are oversimplifying to make a baseless comparison. The zimmerman outrage was due to the FACT he killed an unarmed child. The charges he faced in court were not disputing that. Folks were outraged and protesting before he was even arrested. Zimmerman was not cleared of killing trayvon. He was cleared of the manslaughter charge for the killing. The fact the he killed him was established on day 1. That's the basis of the zimmerman outrage. And we had a lot more to go on than just a few 17 year old court transcripts to form an opinion.

Nate parker however was cleared of the very thing you are accusing him of. So there is no basis for your outrage. Are you trying to argue your knowledge of these two cases are the same? You have no new evidence. You didnt witness the trial or have access to the evidence or lack thereof. You know absolutely nothing outside a few old court transcripts floating online and some opinion pieces written by clowns with the same level of superficial knowledge.

Sure thing, buddy. Keep twisting them words over and over again until you think it sounds right. :ehh:

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will be curious to see if Casey Affleck...who has been getting a great deal of Oscar buzz for Manchester By The Sea...ends up getting the same type of backlash from the masses when his movie is about to be released.
Dude has had multiple accusations of sexual harrassment leveled against him and in one case he even snuck into one of the cinematographer's room at night, stripped down to his underwear, crawled into bed with her and started rubbing on her.
:ohhh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Because now that he is grown ass husband and father of daughters he considers getting into a drunken 3-some with a chick he barely knew and his roommate is not ideal behavior?
I know that there is a ton of shyt I did at 18-19 that I consider to be behavior that I would not condone or engage in at this point in my life. Doesn't mean I committed any crimes or am admitting to anything illegal.
pretty much

I take it you don't know much about Central or Western PA...those areas are enclaves of racist redneck hillbilly a$$holes.
i was just talkin to somebody about this the other day. that area is pretty much the south except they root for Penn State instead of the SEC

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

dude isnt even from this country, dont argue with him on the facts of the case

Daps

She actually stated that she does not know where all he touched her or what all he did to her because she was sleeping. She stated that when she confronted him about it, he began harassing her. He settled both the case with her and the producer.

"During the middle of the night, (Gorka) awoke to find Affleck lying in the bed next to her," the lawsuit alleges. "Unbeknownst to (Gorka), Affleck had entered the bedroom while she was asleep and crawled into the bed. When she woke up, Affleck was curled up next to her in the bed wearing only his underwear and a t-shirt. He had his arm around her, was caressing her back, his face was within inches of hers and his breath reeked of alcohol."

Gorka says she was shocked because she didn't know how long Affleck had been there or where she had been touched. She says she immediately told him to get out of bed. "Affleck responded by asking 'Why?,'" according to the lawsuit. "(Gorka) said, 'Because you are married and because you are my boss.' Affleck, undeterred, asked if (Gorka) 'was sure.' (Gorka) said she was sure and insisted that he leave the room. He left and slammed the door in anger."

According to the complaint, Gorka confronted Affleck the morning after the incident, then got on a plane for Los Angeles, consulted with her agent and left the project. Unable to find work, however, she says she returned several weeks later once a female producer, White, had joined the project and assured her she would be present.

He groped me while I slept: 2nd woman sues Affleck

Daps

The burden of proof for a murder case and a rape case are extremely disparate. Victims of a murder trial cannot even give a testimony or be cross examined while alleged rape victims are able. Comparing the two is beyond egregious. You chose to compare it to that trial and not another rape trial for a reason. Are the people who are skeptical of Steven Avery's conviction supposed to be skeptical of Darren Sharper's conviction because of how easy it is to "choose your own interpretations out of favoritism?" Nuance exists for a reason, so do not be oblivious.