The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You act like that's impossible.

vB9B5.gif

And since the latest craze is, "I believe women", well, I believe Black men. I don't always subscribe to blind loyalty and solidarity, especially when the details on some allegation boil down to he say/she say. You really do have to go with your gut, your instincts, etc.. Still, for him to catch a case in PA, which is a staunchly racist and Blue Collar conservative state, to be Black and the allegation was made against him by a white woman, and then to beat the case, THAT's SAYING SOMETHING.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
vB9B5.gif

And since the latest craze is, "I believe women", well, I believe Black men. I don't always subscribe to blind loyalty and solidarity, especially when the details on some allegation boil down to he say/she say. You really do have to go with your gut, your instincts, etc.. Still, for him to catch a case in PA, which is a staunchly racist and Blue Collar conservative state, to be Black and the allegation was made against him by a white woman, and then to beat the case, THAT's SAYING SOMETHING.

Cool. I have no horse in this race. I'm still seeing the movie, even though I think he did do something :yeshrug:

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The fact that he SWORE that he was the only man in the room until she said was pregnant pretty much sums it up. His language and wording is even more telling. Non-apologies all over the place. But I see the usual Ashy Larry hoteps are out in full force. Parker is bad enough, but the other writer is a CONVICTED rapist who only got off b/c the prosecutors didn't want to bother with a retrial.

But the courts say he didn't rape that girl, that OJ didn't kill those cacs and Zimmerman didn't commit murder. So yeah...totally innocent.

OJ didn't tho :yeshrug:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:mjlol: Black Feminists, y'all.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nate Parker was cleared of all charges.

So was George Zimmerman.

I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out that you can't pick & choose whether you believe in the court system or not depending on your favoritism of the defendant.

Idiot. There is no debate as to whether zimmerman killed trayvon. Zimmermam confessed to killing him. That case was about whether or not the killing was justified legally as self defense.

That trial also played out in the media. It wasnt 17 years ago. We saw zimmerman smirking in the court room. We knew about details that didnt even make into trial evidence. Him bragging to people about killing trayvon, trying to auction the murder weapon, his racist past and his racist brother who was all over fox news.

We didnt just read the court docs to form a opinion on zimmerman. Cause if that all you did you wouldn't know half the story. We saw his recent arrests for domestic violence etc.. his bragging about the killing and racist statements on twitter and facebook. There is no comparison.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Idiot. There is no debate as to whether zimmerman killed trayvon. Zimmermam confessed to killing him. That case was about whether or not the killing was justified legally as self defense.

That trial also played out in the media. It wasnt 17 years ago. We saw zimmerman smirking in the court room. We knew about details that didnt even make into trial evidence. Him bragging to people about killing trayvon, trying to auction the murder weapon, his racist past and his racist brother who was all over fox news.

We didnt just read the court docs to form a opinion on zimmerman. Cause if that all you did you wouldn't know half the story. We saw his recent arrests for domestic violence etc.. his bragging about the killing and racist statements on twitter and facebook. There is no comparison.

Good point with the bold.

Also important to add: Nate Parker's accuser was alive during the trial and told her side of the situation. Trayvon was dead from the start, while only Zimmerman was able to give his side of the situation.

Nate Parker's case and Zimmerman's case are not the same. Different accusations and different set of circumstances and context.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Then why does he keep saying "I should have taken a higher moral ground"?
Because now that he is grown ass husband and father of daughters he considers getting into a drunken 3-some with a chick he barely knew and his roommate is not ideal behavior?
I know that there is a ton of shyt I did at 18-19 that I consider to be behavior that I would not condone or engage in at this point in my life. Doesn't mean I committed any crimes or am admitting to anything illegal.