The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'll judge the full transcript when I read it.
At the end of the day Nate is going out making statements admitting some wrong here so obviously he did something. Whether he was found innocent or not he knows he should have gotten out in front of this instead of letting it get outed like this before his movie comes out.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'll judge the full transcript when I read it.
At the end of the day Nate is going out making statements admitting some wrong here so obviously he did something. Whether he was found innocent or not he knows he should have gotten out in front of this instead of letting it get outed like this before his movie comes out.

He's been in the movie business for over 10 years, and has been in movies attached with A-list / top names in hollywood. Some of those movies he was either the lead or a main supporting character. His case is also public record and has been in his wikipedia page for a long time.

If anything, it should've been brought up a long time ago. That they bring it up now is not a coincidence.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
He's been in the movie business for over 10 years, and has been in movies attached with A-list / top names in hollywood. Some of those movies he was either the lead or a main supporting character. His case is also public record and has been in his wikipedia page for a long time.

If anything, it should've been brought up a long time ago. That they bring it up now is not a coincidence.
this, they dont actually care about that woman being rapped or comiting suicide. it was released now because of the movie
ill be waiting to see the movie when its on a movie channel or netflix

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He aint rape no one.

He didnt rape anyone. It's not up for debate. The court has already tried and decided this matter.

I can just as easily make a statement about you or anyone if specualtion is all that matters. Maybe you raped someone?

Since when is not guilty not good enough? This impossible standard is only applied to black men.

He's apologized 3 times now, and has said he would never want to his mother, sister, or daughters to have to endure the same thing. That's an admission of guilt, conviction or not. I do believe there was sexual assault here, but what someone did 17 years ago isn't gonna make me boycott their movie, especially when they're contrite. I also believe the release of this information at this time is designed to tank this movie, which means there are powers at work that don't want us to see this movie. Which means I most definitely will be seeing this movie

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's apologized 3 times now, and has said he would never want to his mother, sister, or daughters to have to endure the same thing. That's an admission of guilt, conviction or not. I do believe there was sexual assault here, but what someone did 17 years ago isn't gonna make me boycott their movie, especially when they're contrite. I also believe the release of this information at this time is designed to tank this movie, which means there are powers at work that don't want us to see this movie. Which means I most definitely will be seeing this movie
He did not apologize. He clearly said he maintains his innocence of the charges and was exonerated.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
especially when deadline choosing , not releasing everything just the the part they want you to read

It really takes a certain type of narcissistic a$$hole to think their limited and superficial knowledge of a 17 year old trial based on a few cherry picked court excerpts is more valid than a jury that had to actually go through and witness the whole trial and deliberate on the evidence. Not to mention it being a white jury in case about a black man and a white woman.

But thats what fuels the internet. Narcissistic a$$holes who cant process anything unless it fits into 140 character soundbites.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh...you're gonna have a hard time convincing me. Juries are notorious for letting rapists and even child molesters go. You have to have a smoking gun to get convicted.

I dont care about convincing you. The
court has spoken and the trial been over for 17 years. Black men have never gotten leniency in the courts.

The burden of proof is not to prove you are not what someone simply accuses you of. But for them to prove that you are indeed guilty of the allegation. In other words nate parker is not guilty until proven innocent. He is innocent until proven guilty.

But by your logic or lack there of i can say you are suspected rapist too. Unless you can "convice" me otherwise.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I dont care about convincing you. The
court has spoken and the trial been over for 17 years. Black men have never gotten leniency in the courts.

The burden of proof is not to prove you are not what someone simply accuses you of. But for them to prove that you are indeed guilty of the allegation. In other words nate parker is not guilty until proven innocent. He is innocent until proven guilty.

But by your logic or lack there of i can say you are suspected rapist too. Unless you can "convice" me otherwise.

At the end of the day, neither one of our opinions matters. I don't think it's worth arguing about anyway because I think other forces are at work here and they wont deter me from seeing this movie.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Eh...you're gonna have a hard time convincing me. Juries are notorious for letting rapists and even child molesters go. You have to have a smoking gun to get convicted.

Righttttt.......... a Black man in the heart of Pennsylvania..............who raped along with an accomplice, a young white woman........in the 90's................ yeah okay.