The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Two black men who were put on trial for raping a white woman... write a movie and name it Birth of a Nation... the same name as the 1915 KKK propaganda film about black men raping white women...

Parker and Celestin did not think this project through.

getfileattachment.jpg

GetFileAttachment-1.jpg

GetFileAttachment-2.jpg

'Birth of a Nation' Poster Altered to Read "Rapist?" By Prolific Street Artist

"How dare you change the name of a movie title that created a stereotype of black men" now I have to see this movie

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
wtf, have you not read the txts and all the transcripts?
Have you not actually researched the trial? And not just the things you were force fed? What exactly did he say in the transcripts that was incriminating? Neither one of them got convicted of rape.

I don't see the problem.

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Everybody should anticipate that once they reach a certain level of fame (in Parker's case, writing/directing/producing/starring in a movie with Oscar buzz) any past rape cases are going to be heavily scrutinized.

He could have lowered his exposure by choosing a writing partner other than Celestin. He could have picked someone else to star so that he himself wouldn't be the "face" of the film. And he could have chosen a name other than Birth of a Nation! The fact that he didn't make any of these choices leads me to believe that he did not think ahead.

Nobody is suggesting the case is going to be retried in a court of law. It's the court of public opinion that is trying Parker's case right now, and their verdict is inevitably going to have an effect on his career.
:what:

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
self sabotage on this one
I mean dude basically raped a woman and is acting like he's the victim
If he was white he might be able to skate by on this shyt but I don't know no matter how good birth of a nation is this is gonna take focus away from the movie and his acting/directing career
He aint rape no one.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Have you not actually researched the trial? And not just the things you were force fed? What exactly did he say in the transcripts that was incriminating? Neither one of them got convicted of rape.

I don't see the problem.
He Wasn't convicted because they had sex before.....
And other dude got a mistrial because because she didn't want to testify again because she was fukking embarrassed..... like damn near all rape victims

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He may have raped a girl and is in some way responsible for her emotional distress that caused her suicide years later but dammit if woody allen can keep on chugging even though he's wifed up with his step daughter...

He didnt rape anyone. It's not up for debate. The court has already tried and decided this matter.

I can just as easily make a statement about you or anyone if specualtion is all that matters. Maybe you raped someone?

Since when is not guilty not good enough? This impossible standard is only applied to black men.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He Wasn't convicted because they had sex before.....
And other dude got a mistrial because because she didn't want to testify again because she was fukking embarrassed..... like damn near all rape victims

He wasnt convicted cause the jury who actually sat through the trial and observed all the evidence decided he wasnt guilty. You were not there to experience it or the atmosphere of the trial. You dont know the demenor, or body language etc of the accuser or nate at the time. Reading some court docs and statements does not make you an expert on a trial from 17 years ago.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
He wasnt convicted cause the jury who actually sat through the trial and observed all the evidence decided he wasnt guilty. You were not there to experience it or the atmosphere of the trial. You dont know the demenor, or body language etc of the accuser or nate at the time. Reading some court docs and statements does not make you an expert on a trial from 17 years ago.
especially when deadline choosing , not releasing everything just the the part they want you to read

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
especially when deadline choosing , not releasing everything just the the part they want you to read

Has anyone found the full transcript of the phone convo? It cuts off at page 3. Seem like a lot of critical info about what happened was about to be mentioned and then it suddenly cuts off.