The biggest flaw with ALL of these Marvel movies has been the struggle villians

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
-Called Micky Rourke :flabbynsick: which is wrong. If anything, he was dope but under used. Doesn't mean he was weak, he was good, but the final battle was anti climatic. I don't blame that on the villain, I blame that on the director/writers.

God how terrible was was that final battle. I thought Rourke was great but like you said was so underused. His introduction was dope but that was basically it for him. Definitely not his fault and had nothing to do with whether he was :flabbynsick: or not

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God how terrible was was that final battle. I thought Rourke was great but like you said was so underused. His introduction was dope but that was basically it for him. Definitely not his fault and had nothing to do with whether he was :flabbynsick: or not

Exactly. Rourke was dope as fukk. Most villains were dope except for IM3 which is a travesty at what they did to the Mandarin. But for the most part, most Marvel villains have been dope. Hell, even the first 2 villains in the Blade movies were dope.

People expect all Comic book movies to follow the Batman route and make them all villain-centric. Batman just has the luxury of having great villains.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The first batch of movies were completely focused on establishing the heroes, so it's forgivable that the villains were lackluster. Loki has been fleshed out into a great character over the course of three flicks. I think Thanos with the help of slight showings in previous flicks and the Guardians of the Galaxy joint will be really developed by the time we get to his arc. Gotta give 'em props for not rushing into this dude, they've established two infinity stones as major powers...given a glimpse of him...and continued to build the universe up. By the Avengers 3 with this dude in it, Thanos will be massively anticipated and he'll be ready to blow up the game.

Also, you can't be too mad knowing Ultron is on deck. It'll be hard to mess that one up imo.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Those ironman villains were booty.Except for the first 1.
Nah we wasnt anything special either... IM3 may be the worst comic book movie in a long time. Whoever wrote that script gotta shoot me the 1 if we ever meet

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I agree. I think the main reason the villains are weak is because of of the PG-ratings. If the villains could go ham on regular folks on screen :banderas: One of my favorite villains Magneto in First Class didn't get to unleash all those missiles on the army at the last battle for instance.

You gotta remember breh Magneto was an anti-hero in First Class, not a villain like he was in the original X-MEN films. Though Kevin Bacon was great as Shaw though. Shaw > Than all Marvel Studios villains bar Loki and that's only because Loki's been in 3 movies.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iron Man - mostly an origin flick and the obligatory cliché villain. One final showdown which was cliché and underwhelming. Movie was dope despite the lack of a super villain

Iron Man 2 - tried to make it too much about Tony Stark. While he carried the first Iron Man, you can't expect RDJ to do it again. it works in an origins movie but you need a proper villain to keep people engaged. A :flabbynsick: Mickey Rourke just didn't do it and neither did Starks competitor.

The Incredible Hulk - There was no real villain until the last 15 minutes of the film

Thor - Another origins movie so its not really about the villain but this wasn't even an origins because Thor went from a kid to a man in like 2 minutes. The ice giants didn't really do shyt and even though Loki was the main villain, he wasn't as charismatic as he was in Thor 2 or The Avengers for that matter.

Captain American - another origins flick, but they could've done way more with Red Skull. shyt was disappointing. They focused way too much on captain American.

The Avengers - This movie could've been epic but again, the real villains where weak as fukk.

Iron Man 3 - This movie played out like a damn 2 part TV show. This could've been an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episode. Villain weak and predictable

Thor 2 - Finally a dope villain but they still emphasized mundane shyt like Thor's relationship with Portman.

I hope they don't fukk up Thanos. The One thing I give Nolan credit for (even though his movies suck) its he knows how to create a proper villain, BUT he still somehow manages to fukk up movies.

And its not just Marvel, most comic book movies don't know how to create a proper villain. Some of the best good vs. evil movies I've watched had dope villains.
you know what... you're right. and i'll add this. THOR 2's villian SEEMED serious. but which was his villian? the dude with the horns that was giving him the beats? or was it that guys boss the other elf with the ether? that same elf that was getting the beats from Thor's moms. now that...was underwhelming for real. i'm like you're supposed to be the king of this and you're catching the hands from an OLD lady. come on now :comeon:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
nikkas keep talking about this nikka "Thanos" and keep using the word "build up" :childplease: ,I aint see this nikka do shyt, I aint seen this nikka talk, I dont know what this nikka wants, I aint seeing this nikka referenced in other movies, so where exactly is this so called "buildup"? :heh:

Unless we're now calling a smile build up, nikka probably wont even be in The Avengers 2 :dead:.

Thanos will be as wack as the villain in Thor 2, as they'll try and cram all of his long ass story in a movie that will feature over 9+ main characters, shyt wont resonate with anyone, aint nobody gonna care.

The dumbest thing they did in The Avengers was to not have Thanos converse with Loki throughout the film, that actually would have been "build up" and we would have been given an introduction to the character(who's apparently supposed to be the big bad), instead they had one of Thanos's no name stooges be the one to do it and deliver the exposition and gave Thanos some lame ass cameo as if we're supposed to know him already and like he's already an established villain :what:, it would have been like Lucas deciding to leave out Vader in Star Wars: A New Hope, just plain stupid.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:what:
Are u serious?

Yep Sam Raimi's has NEVER been a fan of Venom. Never got the character or it's popularity. He wanted to do the Lizard along with Sandman but Avi Arad prodded him into using Venom because he knew that he was a fan favorite.

In my opinion that's why Spider-Man 3 sucks, because Sam was prodded into including a character he had no intentions of ever using. He should've been left to complete the trilogy on HIS terms then perhaps try to talk to him about Venom or get another director.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
nikkas keep talking about this nikka "Thanos" and keep using the word "build up" :childplease: ,I aint see this nikka do shyt, I aint seen this nikka talk, I dont know what this nikka wants, I aint seeing this nikka referenced in other movies, so where exactly is this so called "buildup"? :heh:

Unless we're now calling a smile build up, nikka probably wont even be in The Avengers 2 :dead:.

Thanos will be as wack as the villain in Thor 2, as they'll try and cram all of his long ass story in a movie that will feature over 9+ main characters, shyt wont resonate with anyone, aint nobody gonna care.

The dumbest thing they did in The Avengers was to not have Thanos converse with Loki throughout the film, that actually would have been "build up" and we would have been given an introduction to the character(who's apparently supposed to be the big bad), instead they had one of Thanos's no name stooges be the one to do it and deliver the exposition and gave Thanos some lame ass cameo as if we're supposed to know him already and like he's already an established villain :what:, it would have been like Lucas deciding to leave out Vader in Star Wars: A New Hope, just plain stupid.

Thanos will be seen and will be a big part of the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Thanos will be seen and will be a big part of the Guardians Of The Galaxy movie

I know he's gonna be in Guardians breh, however his role in The Avengers should have been bigger and he should have cameod or been referenced in Iron Man 3 somehow or someway, Marvel Studios biggest two movies, movies that people were always going to watch, it would have got people talking about the character. Also from what i've heard he's not even going to be the main villain or a main character in Guardians of The Galaxy, it's going to be Del Toro and some other character called Ronan,.Thanos will be in a background/minor character, it's all about screen presence, that's what gets people talking about villains, Thanos currently has none of that at this moment in time, you can get away with it with an inconic villain that everyone knows about, however Thanos isn't.