The biggest flaw with ALL of these Marvel movies has been the struggle villians

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
that i agree with, but the overall movie would be do so much better because of what they could do.

Imagine an R rated under the red hood movie :lawd:
Agreed. It's not just super heroes. This applies to all comic book movies. Could you imagine a PG-13 300? :beli:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I kinda agree with the original post. Even if they do have a good villain, the plot or story doesn't really bring out the best in them and a good example of that is Iron Man 2. Whiplash wasn't even bad, but they underused the fukk out of him and that last battle left a nikka like :dahell: I thought Captain America was a dope film all around, but Red Skull did get underused a lil bit, not as bad as Whiplash tho.

The Avengers was an epic movie that I really enjoyed. but that could have used a better villain as well. I know a lot of people like Loki as a villain, but dude is just okay to me and them aliens were straight, but just imagine if them nikkas would have went up against Fin Fang Foom or some shyt like that.

As it stands Man of Steel is my favorite comic/super hero movie and they really set the bar high with General Zod and the battles and cinematography in that film. I almost don't even care about seeing another comic movie if it isn't done as good as that.

Y'all keep getting sucked into that cinematography bullshyt. Shannon played a better Zod acting wise ad had a snazzier outfit but the OG Zod was a better villian. Think about it breh. This Zod was on earth for what 20 minutes tops. He was at earth for less than a full day. He only spoke to 2 humans. OG Zod was alb to at least swag out for a few hours and use some of his powers. New Zod ain't even get a chance to use more than two. OG Zod got to go to different towns and even fukked up the White House while new Zod got to see manhattan like every other struggle villain.

Plus they killed him off to quick in unbelievable fashion. You had to at least take away OG Zods powers to kill him... You can kill new Zod by breaking his neck. Zod doesn't have the power to heel. shyt is dumb.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Well, with the exception of Loki, we haven't really got any other recurring villains thus far in the MCU, but I'd like to see more. Let's take a look at all of the villains characters who have lived and died:

Obidiah Stane/Iron Monger - Dead
Emil Blonsky/The Abomination - Alive/Captured
Dr. Samuel Sterns/The Leader - Alive
General Thunderbolt Ross - Alive
Ivan Vanko/Whiplash - Dead
Justin Hammer - Alive/Captured
Laufey - Dead
Loki - Alive/At large
Johann Schmidt/Red Skull - Missing
Arnim Zola - Alive/Captured
Thanos - Alive/Slated to return
"The Mandrin" - Alive
Aldrich Killian/The Mandrin - Dead
Jack Taggert/Firepower - Dead
Eric Savin/Coldblood - Dead
Malaketh - Dead
Kurse - Dead
The Winter Soldier - TBA
Crossbones - TBA
The Collector - TBA

More have actually survived than I thought. And a lot of these villains were portrayed by great actors too. I guess after Loki my favorite villains would be Red Skull and Iron Monger. Justin Hammer was pretty cool to in a simp/comical way. I like that Marvel usually focus on the heroes.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Y'all keep getting sucked into that cinematography bullshyt. Shannon played a better Zod acting wise ad had a snazzier outfit but the OG Zod was a better villian. Think about it breh. This Zod was on earth for what 20 minutes tops. He was at earth for less than a full day. He only spoke to 2 humans. OG Zod was alb to at least swag out for a few hours and use some of his powers. New Zod ain't even get a chance to use more than two. OG Zod got to go to different towns and even fukked up the White House while new Zod got to see manhattan like every other struggle villain.

Plus they killed him off to quick in unbelievable fashion. You had to at least take away OG Zods powers to kill him... You can kill new Zod by breaking his neck. Zod doesn't have the power to heel. shyt is dumb.

Great epic battle scenes and dope cinematography counts for a lot in my book when it comes to super hero movies. This version of Zod and Superman was the first time you really saw such super powers on such a grand scale. I don't care about all that bullshyt about swag and talking to humans and shyt. I wanna see a nikka bring destruction and action and that's what I saw and I was highly entertained. I didn't care about the death. I thought it was straight. How many ways could you kill a nikka like that anyways? It's not like a human breaking his neck. fukking superman broke his neck so I can live with that.

Different strokes for different folks. The shyt I'm praising didn't rock well with you, and the shyt you praising I could give a fukk about.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Great epic battle scenes and dope cinematography counts for a lot in my book when it comes to super hero movies. This version of Zod and Superman was the first time you really saw such super powers on such a grand scale. I don't care about all that bullshyt about swag and talking to humans and shyt. I wanna see a nikka bring destruction and action and that's what I saw and I was highly entertained. I didn't care about the death. I thought it was straight. How many ways could you kill a nikka like that anyways? It's not like a human breaking his neck. fukking superman broke his neck so I can live with that.

Different strokes for different folks. The shyt I'm praising didn't rock well with you, and the shyt you praising I could give a fukk about.

:childplease: they only fought for like 5 minutes. And they used the same CGI from transformers exempt this time they used the generic NYC template. I liked how the made Zod and he had potential but they shytted on the characters role in the movie. And all those plot holes didn't help. After the first two superman flicks, they fukked up the rest so bad that fanboys are just happy to get a non shytty one for a chance.

Superman is fukking British with an American.

:deadrose:
Wolverine is an Aussie.

I'm about the details :manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:childplease: they only fought for like 5 minutes. And they used the same CGI from transformers exempt this time they used the generic NYC template. I liked how the made Zod and he had potential but they shytted on the characters role in the movie. And all those plot holes didn't help. After the first two superman flicks, they fukked up the rest so bad that fanboys are just happy to get a non shytty one for a chance.

Wolverine is an Aussie.

I'm about the details :manny:

See, that's the difference between you and me. You bytch about them unleashing the villains and their powers and when they do you nit pick that and find something else to complain about. 5 min don't seem like a lot, but the whole movie had action and those final minutes was like the icing on the cake to me. I don't go into a movie looking to point the finger at little problems and shyt. I go to be entertained and that's what happened.

Was the movie perfect. Nope, never said that, but it did do enough of the good things well enough for me to overlook other shyt. But like I said earlier, everybody's different. I still agree with your point in this thread, but we'll just have to disagree when it comes to Man of Steel and how they handled Zod.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired

Wolverine is an Aussie.

I'm about the nitpicking:manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Also, I don't believe he said the classic, "Kneel before Zod" line either.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
the Joker in TDK was the best villain but he was forced to save a weak movie. A good villain is one you don't want to lose and you sometimes root for just to keep the story/plot going. Loki has been Marvels best villain but because of their storylines you can only use him but so much.
IMO, the movie had to be that way.

The last movie (Rises) is decent; just too many potholes (would have been remedied by a shorter movie and completely losin' the Broken Bat subplot [Remove Bruce from Gotham another way]) and a rushed ending.

I didn't like it, at first, but; I do mind Dark Knight being; The Joker featuring Batman. Christine Bale is a much better Bruce Wayne, than, he is a Batman.

If you're not gonna have Batman doin' a lot of detective work or give him a Robin (dikk, Drake or Dame'), you gotta show him sneak beating goons and there was a enough of that in the first film. It introduced Batman and the 2nd was great to pin him against, arugibly, the GOAT Batman villian.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winter Soldier looks like he's gonna be a good villain and Ultron better be good.

I kind of agree, but they're obviously building up to Thanos because aside from Ultron they don't really have any notable villain to use unless they're gonna throw Kang the Conqueror or MODOK out there. My only complaint is that out of 3 Iron Man movies, he should've had a decent villain by now because Whiplash was underused and they messed the Mandarin and Iron Patriot stories up.... but then again, they couldn't even use Norman Osborn as the real Iron Patriot

But then again you have to take into consideration that Marvel doesn't even have control over their best villains..... no Dr. Doom, no Magneto, no Venom, no Apocalypse, no Mr. Sinister, no Green Goblin, no Galactus, etc....

BTW who has the rights to Kingpin? He's small fry to the any Avengers character to be a villain, but Marvel does have the rights to Daredevil and Kingpin WAS in that but I grew up looking at him mainly as a Spider-Man villain so which studio has the rights to him or is he in between like Quicksilver is?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll thinking too much :laugh: Marvel movies aren't meant to be analyzed. They are just for entertainment. Once you realize that then they are more enjoyable, imo.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Iron Man - mostly an origin flick and the obligatory cliché villain. One final showdown which was cliché and underwhelming. Movie was dope despite the lack of a super villain

Iron Man 2 - tried to make it too much about Tony Stark. While he carried the first Iron Man, you can't expect RDJ to do it again. it works in an origins movie but you need a proper villain to keep people engaged. A :flabbynsick: Mickey Rourke just didn't do it and neither did Starks competitor.

The Incredible Hulk - There was no real villain until the last 15 minutes of the film

Thor - Another origins movie so its not really about the villain but this wasn't even an origins because Thor went from a kid to a man in like 2 minutes. The ice giants didn't really do shyt and even though Loki was the main villain, he wasn't as charismatic as he was in Thor 2 or The Avengers for that matter.

Captain American - another origins flick, but they could've done way more with Red Skull. shyt was disappointing. They focused way too much on captain American.

The Avengers - This movie could've been epic but again, the real villains where weak as fukk.

Iron Man 3 - This movie played out like a damn 2 part TV show. This could've been an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episode. Villain weak and predictable

Thor 2 - Finally a dope villain but they still emphasized mundane shyt like Thor's relationship with Portman.

I hope they don't fukk up Thanos. The One thing I give Nolan credit for (even though his movies suck) its he knows how to create a proper villain, BUT he still somehow manages to fukk up movies.

And its not just Marvel, most comic book movies don't know how to create a proper villain. Some of the best good vs. evil movies I've watched had dope villains.
I agree. I think the main reason the villains are weak is because of of the PG-ratings. If the villains could go ham on regular folks on screen :banderas: One of my favorite villains Magneto in First Class didn't get to unleash all those missiles on the army at the last battle for instance.