The Best Man: The Final Chapters, 10 Episode Series Ordered by NBCUniversal's Peacock

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:mjcry:
When they had Sanaa, Nia, and Regina on screen together… my girl caught me with my mouth open, gave the TV the stank face, and kept bringing up how old they were smh
Your girl‘s a hater. these women were super bad in their primes and are the group of women I look at as goals for what I want to look like when I’m 50+

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
I looked at the first two episodes as a 3rd movie; the rest as a series, since it was a more intimate look into what everybody was doing since.
Whats funny was the 3rd movie was basically Shelly and Q getting married (Called The Best Man Wedding). It was suppose to come out between 2016/2017 but due to production and other red tape they called it off. Then they decided to do the series. Your right on point with your description.

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
I would've loved Brown Sugar, but there's no way I bought him as a hip-hop head.
Larenz Tate was the original choice for both Harper (Best Man) and Dre (Brown Sugar) so they went with Taye Diggs. Larenz thought doing those would pigeon hold him as far as roles. He also thought Harper character was too close to his role in Love Jones being they both were authors. He spoke about it in one of his breakfast club interviews a few years ago.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man, watching that scene at the end when they're all arguing and looking back, Harper is really lucky to have the friends that he did.

For 20 something years they been carrying that dude while he's basically been a net negative for everyone except himself.

Even as crazy driven as Jordan was she helped her friends out all the time to the point it affected her health.

From this series alone, not even counting the first two movies where he nearly wrecks it for Lance:
  • Supposed to be watching out for Q, but he almost fukks his life up by sending Shelby away before the marriage.
  • Never quite makes complete amends/apologizes to Murch.
  • Never talks to Candace or Shelby after the argument.
It's crazy, but the series ends honestly with some good people probably having a bad taste in their mouth about that cat.

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man, watching that scene at the end when they're all arguing and looking back, Harper is really lucky to have the friends that he did.

For 20 something years they been carrying that dude while he's basically been a net negative for everyone except himself.

Even as crazy driven as Jordan was she helped her friends out all the time to the point it affected her health.

From this series alone, not even counting the first two movies:
Even after watching out for Q, he almost fukks his life up by sending Shelby away before the marriage.
Never quite makes complete amends/apologizes to Murch. Murch is there at the end to show support, but doesn't really say anything to him either.
Never talks to Candace or Shelby after the argument.

It's crazy, but the series ends honestly with some people probably having a bad taste in their mouth about the guy.
You make valid points. It’s almost as if the shyt he did in the first movie was the lightest shyt he did throughout their friendship.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Don't you too wish you could have a get out of jail free card. White women won't sleep with you, there is always a black woman out there that thinks " he got money and come from a good family, that's good enough for me"