The Best Man: The Final Chapters, 10 Episode Series Ordered by NBCUniversal's Peacock

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
not done yet but this feels like Empire meets Belly.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just finished the episode where Lance found out his son was a fakkit.:scust: of course they gotta shove some fruit booty shyt in a black show

They really need to chill with that shyt. It's too fukkin obvious and blatant at this point.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Overall the series was entertaining and above average but at the same time I wouldn't sit down and binge watch season 1 again;

The good:
Hell it was good just seeing all the characters back together and everyone looked good.
Quinton/shelby characters always had good chemistry

Jordan: didn't see a lot of development in her character, she was still the same goal driven woman with a somewhat covert thing for harper, her soulmate

Merch/kandi- merch becoming a 48 mma fighter seemed very unrealistic and kandi's character really didn't add a lot of value, but she was figuring it out

Harper/Robyn- I mean robyn was introduced in the movie has someone who kept changing careers and couldn't figure out her purpose and she was in love with a starving artist writer who had dreams and a plan. She finally just got tired of the ride of being second place

Lance: I saw a lot of range with Morris as an actor, some character development with him as well that I didn't expect

The bad:

The whole LGBT-Non binary stuff was soooooo contrived that it ruined 2-3 episodes of the series. Then the sterotypes of the ALPHA black father who is ready to whoop his son ass at a moments notice and being too ignorant hiding behind machismo was cringeworthy. One minute LJ is masculine talking about football and then the next he's throwing his ass in a circle to Saucy Santana. It just got way too deep down that rabbit hole for me.

Robyn/Harper was annoying as hell. She went from wanting to stay a summer in ghana to move there and just up and take the man's daughter but at the same time Harper could've compromised more. He always felt the was the superior one in the relationship and his career mattered over EVERYTHING which is why she kept saying he would never change.

Lane: one minute he's quoting bible scriptures and having dreams of his wife, the next he's sticking his dikk every woman he comes across. Just felt at times they didn't know what to do with his character as I mention the problems with his son.

There were other minor things but overall there was a lot to like and dislike about this series= 3.0 for me...
Lane was just as confused as LJ.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Part of the 'genda is to get the Black church on board. They did that beautifully. Get a gay accepting pastor, twist the Bible view of "love" and Morris Chrstnut changes his views.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I’m glad they got the crew back but this show was mid af. It suffered from some cheap sets, effects, bad acting, and poor writing tropes.

For instance… Sanaa confronts Taye on where he was the night he was with Nia Long. The phone rings and LJ is missing and that abruptly ends their convo. They had plenty of time to talk and the nikka could’ve just answered the question. I hate writing like that.

I’m disappointed cuz so many folks told me it was good. Must be due to nostalgia or the bar being lower for black media.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This 1000 %, if I could give more rep, I would breh. I was going to add this exact sentiment to this thread, because I think that is being overlooked. Like it was a complete unnecessary swerve to turn Dr.Temple into a predator for the hell of it. There was nothing direct or subtle showing the Professor going that route, IMO. shyt, for the most part he come across like he didn’t want to be bothered and accepted Kandi’s offer begrudgingly, and only did it out of sense of obligation//looking out.

Just to have a seemingly highly reputable person who commanded respect and had a good lighthearted but dropped advice to Murch to just turn around and prey on his wife :martin:.

That was one of the most ridiculous storylines. Here are some others:

-an NFL team even hinting at a 48 year old RB making a comeback. Whoever wrote that doesn’t know football at all

-Harper needing to be away for business on New Years fukkin Eve. Nobody is doing business like that on that day… especially in his line of work. :dead:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I finished this shyt

Taye Diggs makes me wanna vomit in every scene but Robyn did him dirty with that move to Ghana bullshyt

I forgot how much of a pain in the ass she was in the 1st movie :hhh::

Lance son has to be a fruit in real life dawg reeks of fakkitry even without the makeup :scust:

I had no idea that Nia and Sanaa had big ol milkbags :ahh:

This is the best role Terrence Howard ever did in his life

Merch is a pain in the ass too dawg became an MMA fighter :russ:

It was fun to go down memory lane i can’t believe the 1st movie came out 23 years ago :mindblown:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
ugh, I can't watch this on my peacock cuz I don't have access to the ad-free version.

watching on bootleg is not in full HD even :scusthov:

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
They should have had Harper just get with Jordan once and for all.

Their relationship made Robyn uncomfortable for years and when she finally met someone she liked(the guy at the frank stand) she wanted to leave Harper .

Harper and Robyn have created a great life together and she said fukk it took his child and went to Ghana to spite him. After all the years of his bs.

Harper been a dikkhead the whole series so I didn’t feel to sorry for him. :yeshrug: He’s messy and selfish. He’s not a great friend either. You see the way he did merch in the flick. Not to mention the original plot with Lance.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Shelby benefited the most from the show and she showed the most character growth. Her and Quentin mayne.

Sex addict Lance was hilarious and realistic. Breh took the most Ls in the series so he just wanted to fukk his frustrations out. Except for the football comeback:skip: that wasn’t realistic.