The Best Man: The Final Chapters, 10 Episode Series Ordered by NBCUniversal's Peacock

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:laff:

I watched the 1st episode with my wife last night

Taye Diggs ruins every single movie he’s in I’m sorry :hubie:

He’s just trash

This shyt brings back mad memories

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yeah.

One would go as far to say Harper never like Robin, you can jump to conclusions after that
Rewarched the first one after the series, and yeah, that nicca settled lol. She was a soft place to land after getting his ass hung over a balcony like wet clothes and striking out with Jordan. Robyn still ain't shyt for just admitting she checked out way earlier than what she told him but this nicca Harper ain't shyt either and just do what's convenient at the time.

Superstar
Daps
It’s kinda weird because I’m used to them being movies but I’m going to finish it. The beginning of the first episode :picard:

I looked at the first two episodes as a 3rd movie; the rest as a series, since it was a more intimate look into what everybody was doing since.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This was really good. I can't believe it's over.

The main cast really acted their asses off. Every single one.

I'll say during the big emotional moments Morris Chestnut, Terrence Howard, Melissa De Sousa and Harold Perrineau really shined. I honestly did not expect Shelby to steal that many scenes. That last episode Taye Diggs and Sanaa Lathan really showed what they could do.

Murch's storyline was great and something I really think they could have pushed. In some senses dude was the most relatable to the average person.

The they/them stuff honestly didn't bother me because truth be told, that's how the young world is today. It was actually good to see how the older characters would respond to it. I know a lot of people's kids are exposed to it today, it's basically all in the school system and how the new generation operates. It was also cool to see their kids interact with one another - stuff like that happens out in the real world.

I really felt like having two more episodes where they could have drawn out the conclusion a little more after Harper and Robin had that argument and people took sides during Lance's retirement would have been ideal. That would've been the best way to close the series and bring Harper's interactions with each person to the screen one last time.

Overall, I think they did a fantastic job. Going to miss watching these cats play some poker and talk shyt.

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I looked at the first two episodes as a 3rd movie; the rest as a series, since it was a more intimate look into what everybody was doing since.
Yeah it made more sense as it went on. I really wouldn’t be surprised if some new episodes are added because I think they really could. I like what they did with it. Shelby kinda stole the show for me though.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
:laff:

I watched the 1st episode with my wife last night

Taye Diggs ruins every single movie he’s in I’m sorry :hubie:

He’s just trash

This shyt brings back mad memories
He really does lol. The Wood is one of my favorite movies ever, but got damn I hated him in it lol. I wish little kid him could’ve just played grown him