The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I just finished season 2 episode 6 Fishes

That episode was crazy. They damn near had every actor in there. I was oh hey it's Saul or hey Sarah Paulson then da he'll is Jamie Lee Curtis doing here:dahell:

I'd never go back there for Christmas dinner:damn:

When Nat asked her mom if she was ok I knew she was going to go crazy.

You learn so much about that family in one episode than they give you to the show up until that point. The best episode before that was S1E7.
JLC is absolutely unhinged on the show, she got a real knack for playing these roles. A part of me wants to say she ain’t even acting, lol. But I’m looking forward to the inevitable face-to-face reunion with her and Carm. Carmy essentially in the role of Laurie Strode in this and Donna being his own Michael fukkin’ Myers. :heh:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
JLC is absolutely unhinged on the show, she got a real knack for playing these roles. A part of me wants to say she ain’t even acting, lol. But I’m looking forward to the inevitable face-to-face reunion with her and Carm. Carmy essentially in the role of Laurie Strode in this and Donna being his own Michael fukkin’ Myers. :heh:

I still have one episode left but I agree. When ever she mention on the show I audibly go, "oh no." To myself I was like, " She's worse than Michael Myers.":damn:

I think she's acting because in interviews or anything outside of movies that I've seen her in she's always goofy/funny. I think that's why she's a good comedic actress and why she's bean able to work opposite of people like Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd, Tim Allen, and Richard Lewis.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
You not the only one. I’ve been on the bear sub Reddit everybody is trashing season 3. Audience score on rotten tomatoes is 57

This whole season feels like a filler

How they go from sandwich shop in season 1 to making fine dining Michelin star restaurant in season 3 lmao
The Watch podcast mentioned that apparently they only had story for three seasons and FX asked them to stretch it out to four - makes sense why this season felt so dragged out and meandering, but feels like an excuse too.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
She grew up in the same neighborhood as Carmys family and the Faks, they all knew each other and the families knew her and Carmy had a crush on eachother. Basically his Savannah until they went their separate ways pursuing careers:pachaha:

It's the dream girl trope in a show where anxiety and chaos and realistic depth to characters are what got people hooked. It doesn't mean it can't work or that Carmy isn't supposed to seek some sense of peace/normalcy, the show just never did a good job fleshing their situation out. Everytime she pops up or gets mentioned I'm like

we-don%27t-care.gif

Nah I mean the actress herself.

like why is she getting all this shine is the actual actress related to somebody :jbhmm:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Compared to the previous seasons, it was a "bad" season. The wheels were spinning but they really didn't go anywhere. There was next to no growth, we did get "Napkins" which was a great episode and great directional debut for Ayo but it was the only real highlight of the season. Before I started/finished this season, I heard the comparison of this season and Atlanta's third season which didn't feature the main cast and it was stand alone episodes in the world of Atlanta. Now I do believe it was a good season despite no Earn or Paperboy but for the connective tissue of what we got in the first two seasons, I understand why people didn't like that season. Idk what they were thinking with season of The Bear because they could've progressed the story a whole lot better than what was presented.

Also, too much Faks. There scenes felt like improve that went on for too long.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Been rolling through this season. No real progression of the story but I've been enjoying it

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Carmy and Sydney never have any real communication but they partners? fukk that

That's the biggest problem I have with the show, she's the catalyst for them even getting to this point but she always plays the background smh

Too many Faks I don't care about these unfunny cacs. Stick to just one and keep it moving

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
Compared to the previous seasons, it was a "bad" season. The wheels were spinning but they really didn't go anywhere. There was next to no growth, we did get "Napkins" which was a great episode and great directional debut for Ayo but it was the only real highlight of the season. Before I started/finished this season, I heard the comparison of this season and Atlanta's third season which didn't feature the main cast and it was stand alone episodes in the world of Atlanta. Now I do believe it was a good season despite no Earn or Paperboy but for the connective tissue of what we got in the first two seasons, I understand why people didn't like that season. Idk what they were thinking with season of The Bear because they could've progressed the story a whole lot better than what was presented.

Also, too much Faks. There scenes felt like improve that went on for too long.
They got 2 brehs on the show they barely give any attention too but keep giving the Faks the spotlight, even brought John Cenas character outta nowhere. :dead:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The same type of people that watch MCU also bring that same energy to "Prestige Television".

Claire doesn't move the plot forward.
Sydney is black should know her place and support Carmy.

Skylar is a beach because she won't back Walt.
Wife from Ozark is a beach because she is too gully.
Rey is overpowered.
Brie Larson is overpowered
Yennefer shouldn't be Indian, she must be white...
Denzel can't be Hannibal (or Othello, he's took dark, that's not what Shakespeare meant by Moor)

Beastie Boys in HoF - . In 2012, they became the third rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. - Damn Right!

Why do they keep race bending Gingers into Black People?

QwBNPdn.jpeg

The subreddit for The Bear is full of these people and they dominate the discourse - usually white guys early 30s to late 40s - that even if they hate Trump, they will bring up Obama's foreign policy record every chance they get.

It's all of fandom for almost every show, every book, every song, everything.

Just my theory on "The Grand Narrative"
Theres levels to this.....

Rearrange the letters in the word Ginger👀
What did racist European scientists liken the scot-Irish to in 1800s?👀
Fill in this popular phase for the Scot-Irish at that time "______ of Europe"👀

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They made her a doctor for "reasons", imo. (female fan base)
The fact that she represents "peace" is another groan inducing part of the fan-fiction here (male fan base)

It woulda been more spicy and realistic if she was waitstaff, bartender, or a naive college aged hostess.

The writers don't have a lot of courage!
:what:

Y'all be in here just saying stuff