The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Pastry chef Marcus

He was making donuts in season 1, now he's talmbout smoked horseradish? 3 months in Copenhagen is a crazy level up.

Ebraheim better get an episode next season, actual war footage from Somalia!

I liked The Computer, that type of analysis is right up my alley.

Jeff Winger plays the perfect jerk.

In terms of the story and other characters, I feel a lot of what has already been said.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I truly wanna agree with this, to the point where I'll say you're right, but the FAKs had me :dead: every time

Part of me think the FAKs save the show from being complete melancholic, pretentious nonsense, which the show was dangerously close to falling into this season

Show is definitely pretentious. I'll give you that. Tina's episode was hands down the best of the season. Episode one was good and different. But I can't take that type of editing going forward. It feels like they edited the filler out of season one and made season two with it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
There was really no closure to any of the story lines

Carmy's breakdown after talking to Jeff Winger is the climax/closure of his arc. He finally faced his demon. Was Winger right? That is gonna be his last arc, answering that question. The punk way is that "I was always great", the brave way is to actually credit the bad guy.

As for the rest of the cast....

Everyone's fate really depends on Carm's evolution, The rest of the show writes itself, imo. This is like getting that one number in a sudoku that makes the rest of it just filling it in.

In your heart, you already know what is going to happen next. If you watch shows like this, ones based in reality - there are only a few options for it to go.

Don't spoil yourself be reading what is next.

We know what the Chicago Tribune review is going to be. (Bad/mixed) And we know this not because we freeze framed the video, but they need the show to keep going. They need a plot because the audience needs something to latch onto.

Carm might be a more nurturing chef and a more open one, but his arc at this point is just filling in the blanks. So he has to do the "plot thing" which is get the Star.

We know what's gonna happen with the Michelin star. He gets it at the end, or he doesn't but he's now a whole person.

Sidney might be up in the air in terms of Ayo's career. She is kind of an IT girl right now.

The writers might take the cowards way out (make it so that Sidney doesn't have to decide by having the financing for the second restaurant fall through), but I doubt it. She will stay with Bear because of the new Carm.

Her leaving and becoming his rival and getting great reviews and the Michelin star would be awesome, but that's not gonna happen. The writers have no courage for that, nor would the execs. And the white fans of the show have knives out for her already.

Do we care about Claire? No, we don't. But that's obvious too.

Tina and Marcus ain't going nowhere. The most interesting option is that they jump ship with Sydney, and The Bear falls apart..., Carm goes out like his Punisher brother, cue prevention hotline number, but That is not going to happen.

They essentially wrote the Somali off the show, unless he starts getting his Instagram game on, goes viral, and starts a franchise....

Cousin Richie is gonna do the thang and show up with you know who. He will finally belong to something. With respect to Carm, they will make up when Carm shows that he has changed.

The only thing left is for Carm to face the final boss, Jamie Lee Curtis. And what is he gonna do, yell at a mentally ill woman?

The only real question for me, is are they going to do anything surprising with the characters arcs, because the main plot can really only go in two predictable ways.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Carmy's breakdown after talking to Jeff Winger is the climax/closure of his arc. He finally faced his demon. Was Winger right? That is gonna be his last arc, answering that question. The punk way is that "I was always great", the brave way is to actually credit the bad guy.

Everyone's fate really depends on Carm's evolution, The rest of the show writes itself, imo. This is like getting that one number in a sudoku that makes the rest of it just filling it in.

In your heart, you already know what is going to happen next. If you watch shows like this, ones based in reality - there are only a few options for it to go.

We know what the Chicago Tribune review is going to be. (Bad/mixed) And we know this not because we freeze framed the video, but they need the show to keep going. They need a plot because the audience needs something to latch onto.

Carm might be a more nurturing chef and a more open one, but his arc at this point is just filling in the blanks. So he has to do the "plot thing" which is get the Star.

We know what's gonna happen with the Michelin star. He gets it at the end, or he doesn't but he's now a whole person.

Sidney might be up in the air in terms of Ayo's career. She is kind of an IT girl right now.

The writers might take the cowards way out (make it so that Sidney doesn't have to decide by having the financing for the second restaurant fall through), but I doubt it. She will stay with Bear because of the new Carm.

Her leaving and becoming his rival and getting great reviews and the Michelin star would be awesome, but that's not gonna happen. The writers have no courage for that, nor would the execs. And the white fans of the show have knives out for her already.

Tina and Marcus ain't going nowhere. The most interesting option is that they jump ship with Sydney, and The Bear falls apart..., Carm goes out like his Punisher brother, cue prevention hotline number, but That is not going to happen.

They essentially wrote the Somali off the show, unless he starts getting his Instagram game on, goes viral, and starts a franchise....

Cousin Richie is gonna do the thang and show up with you know who. He will finally belong to something. With respect to Carm, they will make up when Carm shows that he has changed.

The only thing left is for Carm to face the final boss, Jamie Lee Curtis. And what is he gonna do, yell at a mentally ill woman?

The only real question for me, is are they going to do anything surprising with the characters arcs, because the main plot can really only go in two predictable ways.

I guess. I just don't like how they dragged out...

Sydney's decision and Carmy making up or moving on with Clare Bear for the entire season. At least one of those stories should've had more development/closure towards the back half of the season.

The entire season just felt incomplete.

I also don't think the review will be that bad. Cousin Richie likely picked up that dropped fork and saved the review. I was reading the dropped fork is a typical Michelin star review tactic.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show is definitely pretentious. I'll give you that. Tina's episode was hands down the best of the season. Episode one was good and different. But I can't take that type of editing going forward. It feels like they edited the filler out of season one and made season two with it.
See but that goes right back to my criticism of this season being "just episodes". Great episodes but serving no purpose

Episode one was very creative. But after 5 minutes of that shyt I was like ok nikka I GET IT it's art damn:mjlol:

I liked the Tina episode but I'm watching it thinking wtf this got to do with what's going on currently? I like the Tina episode from season 2 much more because it gave a lot of insight into her personality and it was great seeing her pride grow in that culinary school. And that still ties back to the main plot of getting the restaurant together

Carm giving that knife to Tina at the end of the episode:wow: that's the type of shyt that makes The Bear what it is. Season 3 tries to create moments but had no real direction or reasoning for anything

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See but that goes right back to my criticism of this season being "just episodes". Great episodes but serving no purpose

Episode one was very creative. But after 5 minutes of that shyt I was like ok nikka I GET IT it's art damn:mjlol:

I liked the Tina episode but I'm watching it thinking wtf this got to do with what's going on currently? I like the Tina episode from season 2 much more because it gave a lot of insight into her personality and it was great seeing her pride grow in that culinary school. And that still ties back to the main plot of getting the restaurant together

Carm giving that knife to Tina at the end of the episode:wow: that's the type of shyt that makes The Bear what it is. Season 3 tries to create moments but had no real direction or reasoning for anything

Just gives more of her back story. Doesn't have to advance the plot.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Carm confronting Winger is definitely my favorite scene of the season and highlights the show's strengths. So many people go through life overthinking about revenge on someone who made their life hell and never thought twice about it.

That scene hits hard because Carm knows he's fukked up forever. Will he improve his behavior in season 4? Most likely. But Carm will always be a high strung, anxious, temperamental mess and seeing Winger pull a "It was Tuesday" on him really crushed his soul:mjlol: :francis:

I know Claire was unpopular last season but I actually liked her:russ: but I understand those Claire type of scenes ain't what nikkas watch The Bear for

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I know Claire was unpopular last season but I actually liked her:russ: but I understand those Claire type of scenes ain't what nikkas watch The Bear for

They made her a doctor for "reasons", imo. (female fan base)
The fact that she represents "peace" is another groan inducing part of the fan-fiction here (male fan base)

It woulda been more spicy and realistic if she was waitstaff, bartender, or a naive college aged hostess.

The writers don't have a lot of courage!

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carm confronting Winger is definitely my favorite scene of the season and highlights the show's strengths. So many people go through life overthinking about revenge on someone who made their life hell and never thought twice about it.

That scene hits hard because Carm knows he's fukked up forever. Will he improve his behavior in season 4? Most likely. But Carm will always be a high strung, anxious, temperamental mess and seeing Winger pull a "It was Tuesday" on him really crushed his soul:mjlol: :francis:

Why were they unpopular?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Why were they unpopular?

The same type of people that watch MCU also bring that same energy to "Prestige Television".

Claire doesn't move the plot forward.
Sydney is black should know her place and support Carmy.

Skylar is a beach because she won't back Walt.
Wife from Ozark is a beach because she is too gully.
Rey is overpowered.
Brie Larson is overpowered
Yennefer shouldn't be Indian, she must be white...
Denzel can't be Hannibal (or Othello, he's took dark, that's not what Shakespeare meant by Moor)

Beastie Boys in HoF - . In 2012, they became the third rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. - Damn Right!

Why do they keep race bending Gingers into Black People?

QwBNPdn.jpeg

The subreddit for The Bear is full of these people and they dominate the discourse - usually white guys early 30s to late 40s - that even if they hate Trump, they will bring up Obama's foreign policy record every chance they get.

It's all of fandom for almost every show, every book, every song, everything.

Just my theory on "The Grand Narrative"

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why were they unpopular?
The same type of people that watch MCU also bring that same energy to "Prestige Television".

Claire doesn't move the plot forward.
Sydney is black should know her place and support Carmy.

Skylar is a beach because she won't back Walt.
Wife from Ozark is a beach because she is too gully.
Rey is overpowered.
Brie Larson is overpowered
Yennefer shouldn't be Indian, she must be white...
Denzel can't be Hannibal (or Othello, he's took dark, that's not what Shakespeare meant by Moor)

Beastie Boys in HoF - . In 2012, they became the third rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. - Damn Right!

Why do they keep race bending Gingers into Black People?

QwBNPdn.jpeg

The subreddit for The Bear is full of these people and they dominate the discourse - usually white guys early 30s to late 40s - that even if they hate Trump, they will bring up Obama's foreign policy record every chance they get.

It's all of fandom for almost every show, every book, every song, everything.

Just my theory on "The Grand Narrative"
Nah I can't put that on Claire. It's not a woman hating thing as much as it's a "I didn't come to pizza hut for hamburgers " thing

People didn't like Claire simply because she's anti The Bear

Why do nikkas watch and love The Bear? The screaming the anxiety, the fukkery of chef life. Nikkas watch for the noise and the show is masterful at that noise

Then here comes Claire being almost a manic pixie dream girl and bringing the overall energy of the show to a standstill. Claire scenes weren't noisy or anxious and nikkas that watch the Bear for that were like :scust: get this bytch off the screen mane

Nikkas don't wanna see a happy Carm they wanna see him constantly depressed and screaming chef shyt at nikkas:mjlol:

Last edited: