The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro is a loan shark who gave 300k to a crackhead friend of the family, for a failing business. Then got mad at Carmen the threaten to put him down if he didn't pay up.

Plus this fukkery with the market at the end of season 3. fukk him and his computer.

I don’t think thats how it is, i think they are showing the realities of how unsustainable a business a lot of new restaurants are. Thats the theme this season, the original Italian meat Bear was always under water, Carms mentor’s restaurant shut down, the bear basically needs a Michellen star in order to stay open, etc.

I think his “uncle” was in over his head trying to do right by him and he can’t really afford to keep going. He’s practically going broke trying to keep the resataurant open and they’re importing rabbits from italy to constantly R&D new recipes just to throw in the trash.

That shyt about changing the menu everyday is what carm thinks they have to do but doing that shyt is super expensive.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Don't care how good the acting is...I did not need an entire ep of Momma Bear giving Baby bear sum ice chips lol. Good for their relationship tho. One of these mf kids deserve some form of normal parent/child relationship, even if it might be temporary.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I don’t think thats how it is, i think they are showing the realities of how unsustainable a business a lot of new restaurants are. Thats the theme this season, the original Italian meat Bear was always under water, Carms mentor’s restaurant shut down, the bear basically needs a Michellen star in order to stay open, etc.

I think his “uncle” was in over his head trying to do right by him and he can’t really afford to keep going. He’s practically going broke trying to keep the resataurant open and they’re importing rabbits from italy to constantly R&D new recipes just to throw in the trash.

That shyt about changing the menu everyday is what carm thinks they have to do but doing that shyt is super expensive.
Yup, the majority of restaurants end up failing, it's just hard to sustain. And a lot of the time it's not even because of poor business, the overhead is just ridiculous

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Ep. 10

Fukk wit dat chef talmbout. I damn sure remember the mf food, fukk the people :skip: .

Good to see Luca again. Hope to see more of him in S4.

You can tell that they should S3/S4 byke to byke (apparently/allegedly). This season didn't necessarily feel rushed but it felt halfway crook in some aspects. Hopefully, for the next season, Carm subtracts some of them unhinged ass characteristics from his old boss smh.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Hopefully they have Syd peace that bih 🐻 out next season too, even if they have to pull the trope of her eventually returning. Gotta show that mf Carm that she'll step on his anxiety riddled ass---change the mf menu everyday. Non-negotiables. Unnecessary R&D. Foh :pacspit:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
On episode 10 and Carmy hasn’t had any character development at all. Damn

Jon Bernthal is a savant. He needs an icon role before he gets too old. Dude is a gem. Tina’s episode is the standout for sure.

Next season we need like 75% less Faks. They were getting annoying

Exactly this

It wasn't a bad season, but it definitely felt like filler. No real character development at all

The only plot movement was
the main character's sister having a baby, a review coming out in the last 2 mins of the last episode that we didnt see in it's entirety and Syd getting offered a different job she might accept. Carm and Claire didn't have one present day scene or convo and them breaking up was the big cliffhanger of season 2.

Way too much Fak

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm only on episode 2, but why did they turn frenchy gay?

I don't recall him EVER being gay in the first 3 seasons. matter of fact, I thought he liked Kimiko.

4f50635c456fc9dc3dc35d86d228b8de90314639.gifv

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Next season we need like 75% less Faks. They were getting annoying
Man I truly wanna agree with this, to the point where I'll say you're right, but the FAKs had me :dead: every time

Part of me think the FAKs save the show from being complete melancholic, pretentious nonsense, which the show was dangerously close to falling into this season

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This felt like a filler season. Not a bad thing but nothing really moved the story or character arcs forward. Maybe Donna and Nat's relationship progressed but one's else seemed to remain still or regressed.

And this is award baiting as fukk. This isn't bad either. It's just obvious based on the unnecessary camera shots, the lingering artistic shots, the multiple IRL kitchen B roll footage that doubles as a music video.... its no wonder my favorite episode S3E6 was directed by an actor, Ayo, who plays Sydney. That episode helped me see why ppl liked Michael. Why Tina was there in the first place. And I liked episode 8.

I like this season less than the first, with thr 2nd being the best. Like a B rating. I started off rooting for this business and I legit want it to fail now, mostly cuz of Carmen. Almost everyone can swim on their own now. Dude toxic and is holding them back at this point. That the uncle funding The Bear is a slimey and shady ass fukk dude.
I just finished the season and feel the same way. The individual episodes themselves were great but nothing of importance happened this entire season

I just mentioned in The Boys thread how greed destroys these shows. They become popular so naturally these companies want to keep the momentum going, whether these writers have a story or not :francis:

Season two was perfect because the cohesiveness and direction was :wow: You see the cast separate and build themselves because they all believe in The Bear and want it to succeed. Whether it's Marcus in Copenhagen perfecting his craft and learning about Carm or Tina going to culinary school and developing pride in her work you see each character grow and/or face challenges tied to the opening of the restaurant

Season 3 is just episodes. Great episodes, but they mostly don't mean anything. And you're right you can smell the Oscar bait all over this shyt. This season brought the show dangerously close to being up it's own ass and I think the ridiculous FAKs save it from being too pretentious

And that bum ass "To Be Continued" is exactly what I'm talking about with these networks and their greed. That shyt all but admits that this season was filler and "The REAL story is coming in season 4":camby:

A highlight of the season for me tho is Sydney getting fed up with Carm's high strung ass tantrums