The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This felt like a filler season. Not a bad thing but nothing really moved the story or character arcs forward. Maybe Donna and Nat's relationship progressed but one's else seemed to remain still or regressed.

And this is award baiting as fukk. This isn't bad either. It's just obvious based on the unnecessary camera shots, the lingering artistic shots, the multiple IRL kitchen B roll footage that doubles as a music video.... its no wonder my favorite episode S3E6 was directed by an actor, Ayo, who plays Sydney. That episode helped me see why ppl liked Michael. Why Tina was there in the first place. And I liked episode 8.

I like this season less than the first, with thr 2nd being the best. Like a B rating. I started off rooting for this business and I legit want it to fail now, mostly cuz of Carmen. Almost everyone can swim on their own now. Dude toxic and is holding them back at this point. That the uncle funding The Bear is a slimey and shady ass fukk dude.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
As a season, season 3 didn’t do shyt to advance the story, but every episode was damn near perfect character building. Im ok with it if season 4 drops this year.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
This felt like a filler season. Not a bad thing but nothing really moved the story or character arcs forward. Maybe Donna and Nat's relationship progressed but one's else seemed to remain still or regressed.

And this is award baiting as fukk. This isn't bad either. It's just obvious based on the unnecessary camera shots, the lingering artistic shots, the multiple IRL kitchen B roll footage that doubles as a music video.... its no wonder my favorite episode S3E6 was directed by an actor, Ayo, who plays Sydney. That episode helped me see why ppl liked Michael. Why Tina was there in the first place. And I liked episode 8.

I like this season less than the first, with thr 2nd being the best. Like a B rating. I started off rooting for this business and I legit want it to fail now, mostly cuz of Carmen. Almost everyone can swim on their own now. Dude toxic and is holding them back at this point. That the uncle funding The Bear is a slimey and shady ass fukk dude.
Why do you say that?

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
giphy.webp

I didn't necessarily NEED to see Tina's backstory, but Ayo did her thing directing, and as a standalone ep, it did what it was supposed to do. Plus, I'm always down for some Mikey/Bernthal appearances.

We've seen Tina level up already and know she kind of got it out the mud. It would've been nice to see how she was handling shyt now in this new "world"/environment that's being curated. And even how her husband fits into it currently since I'm sure she's bringin' a lot more stress into the crib.

It's nice to contextualize just how much & why The Bear means so much to her tho, to some degree.

These young dumb mfs :mjlol:

GRQ7VfraQAATcW-

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
giphy.gif

The infinite Faks & their family 'haunting' inside gag was running it's course this episode. They gotta dial that shyt back.

Would've liked to see more discussion about actual legacy throughout after that nice discussion that Carm, Syd & Marcus had.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Damn. Apparently Tina’s whole story in episode 6 is a retcon. I’d have to rewatch season 1 to confirm but apparently she said she’s known Carmy since he was in diapers

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just finished season 2 episode 6 Fishes

That episode was crazy. They damn near had every actor in there. I was oh hey it's Saul or hey Sarah Paulson then da he'll is Jamie Lee Curtis doing here:dahell:

I'd never go back there for Christmas dinner:damn:

When Nat asked her mom if she was ok I knew she was going to go crazy.

You learn so much about that family in one episode than they give you to the show up until that point. The best episode before that was S1E7.