The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
@Brozay Yeah, there are a few ridiculous, tropey moments in this new season as well. Especially in the finale.

Everyone brings their A-game in the cast, the direction is on-point, and the writing is strong enough to make me bypass those silly occurrences for the most part, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t notice them.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Brozay Yeah, there are a few ridiculous, tropey moments in this new season as well. Especially in the finale.

Everyone brings their A-game in the cast, the direction is on-point, and the writing is strong enough to make me bypass those silly occurrences for the most part, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t notice them.
I certainly don't dislike the show, and the reason I call out the little things is because if they could clean some of it up, I think it would be on that elite TV level for me. I agree, the acting is great. I do like the general storytelling, and I think its shot beautifully (and shows off Chicago well)

I do however, have issue with some of the dialogue feeling non authentic at times (which is weird for a show that prides itself on being authentic). There are just some little things each episode that throw me a bit, its hard to explain.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
That Richie story arc was special this season. When he took over the kitchen at the end? :banderas:

Literally did a :wow: when Marcus debuted the cannoli called "The Michael"

Love the way it's shot, the pace really makes you feel like you're in it and it has a lot of good life lessons within the messaging.

Really hope the writers strike doesn't kill this show and/or push it waaaay back.

s@n

All Star
Daps
I certainly don't dislike the show, and the reason I call out the little things is because if they could clean some of it up, I think it would be on that elite TV level for me. I agree, the acting is great. I do like the general storytelling, and I think its shot beautifully (and shows off Chicago well)

I do however, have issue with some of the dialogue feeling non authentic at times (which is weird for a show that prides itself on being authentic). There are just some little things each episode that throw me a bit, its hard to explain.

for me, it was the Winnetka plot line this season. Why say you're going up to one of the wealthiest burbs in the country to shoot a scene inside of a mailbox store?They could've shown lake, the Ba'Hai temple, etc.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I really liked Claire :manny: she’s too good for Carmy, hopefully he can fix that up and find a good work life balance

Really enjoyed the Richie episode with the Asian dude (think he’s in platonic on Apple TV as well) and I loved how Richie stepped up big time in the finale

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just finished a season 1 rewatch and they laid the groundwork for season 2 so well.

Also in season 2 episode 1, there are family photos of JLC and Jillian Jacobs that I completely missed the first time. They also laid the groundwork for the refrigerator out the gate. Just an excellent show.

Last edited:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I binged all 10 episodes yesterday till like 5:00 this morning, which I had no intentions of doing, but this show really draws you in and keeps you glued to your screen. That's a true testament to the production quality because season 1 was not my favorite though I can't deny its quality. This was like watching a great athlete or great team that you're not a fan of and not being able to deny their greatness. :obama:

Are there nitpicks? Sure. Needle drops? Excessive. Episode 6? Over long. Less screentime for Carm. Not a fan of that considering that Carm and Richie are the only characters I care about. Montage after montage after montage. Little much. Twisting drone shots following elevated trains? :beli:

But there was also less screen time for Sydney which was great because she's my most despised character going on tv. :hubie: and that's a shame because I substitute taught at her high school when she was there and I have a good friend who was a science teacher when she was there. I got to ask him if he taught her in his class back then. It's unfortunate but I think she's a poor actress. :francis: Richie's episode, though, easily the best part of the season, bar none, without question.

Tina deserves an episode of her own next season.

Just watch the latest Halloween trilogy. Same character.

what’s sad is it was him and all his connections that got everyone to find their purpose.

Yeah. Their success is a direct reflection on him. It's his success but he couldn't see it to believe it. It'll be look like the team succeeded without after he got hurt like he didn't. Just have a great season. Make all NBA and lead his team to the number one seed. But now the playoffs are here in these injured and his team is able to succeed without him even though they wouldn't be in that position without his contributions in the regular season.

She had more than 5 minutes. bytch is ugly and hurts my eyeballs.

I wonder who will respond to my comment. :mjpls:

shocked-shock.gif
@PAWG Life @humminbird. Y'all gotta kick Pickles out the club :russ: I'm playing, Pickles. I did see an article about her unibrow even though she doesn't have one. Talking about how her unibrow was the star of season 2. :mjtf:

Marcus' mom:mjcry:

She was already a vegetable. Throw her in the stew. :troll:

Wasn’t the Asian guy covering for Richie for not wiping the fork leaving a smear

I could have swore the smudge was on a plate which dovetails nicely with Richie asking Garrett if he can wash dishes and Garrett telling him :mjtf: "No. We have the best dishwashers in the world." So it would be really funny if Richie, who had streaks on the forks, and could not graduate to dishes, but one of the best dishwashers in the world ended up smudging the plate and f****** up the service.

The dialogue and line delivery is absolutely not authentic at times and it's my biggest pet peeve with the show. Particularly the way black characters speak. They have Sydney calling people dude all the time. Black people don't do that. I don't call people dude. I don't do that in the direct way. No black person I know does that in a direct way. We don't be like "hey dude, what's up?" Or, "come on, that's not cool, dude." It's always in a passive way like "yo, this dude is crazy." Or, "oh, that dude is nuts." For all the love this show gets for immersion, when I hear stuff like this, it is immersion breaking.

"Heard." "Understood." "That's something" and "The thing" were the new phrases this season. You got Papa Sydney talking about "Oh baby. You did it. It's the thing." :comeon:

dennis-reynolds-yeah.gif

Last edited: