The Bear - TV Series (Hulu/Starring Lip From Shameless/Trailer)

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
just watched season 2 episode 2

The way this show makes you go WTF because someone changes a digit in their phone number :pachaha: good ass writing

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
another dope season

episode 6, 7 and the finale are just great tv

amazing job

giphy.gif

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show is fire. Really knows how to tug at the heart strings. Very very melodramatic in a good way. Restaurant culture to a Tee

I do tend to fast forward some of the scenes. Like the batshyt crazy mom cooking and the back and forth. But it was only the kitchen scenes. Not the other interactions.

Or in the last ep when syd was in the kitchen directing the flow. her transient state of anxiety was to long of a scene for me. Fast forward that also.

Side note. Claire is fukkinhot. Like shes beautiful for a white girl. Nice lil butt too. Great character also.

But some of the monologues/ speeches are grade A. IE mulaneys speech in that christmas episode, unc alex gonzalez shyt, and when syd and carm were under the table.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Couple eps into S2. Man...I don't remember the last time I saw a show with such GREAT black characters. I get nauseated whenever I see the word "diverse" thrown into a movie/show depiction because typically that means a generic Power Rangers coalition of races with no real characterization beyond "see, he's black and she's Hispanic and he's Indian." These are actual, living characters who seem tangible and interesting whether they have two lines of dialogue or an entire monologue.

Just saw the ep with Sydney's dad in the diner and like...how often do you see a supportive black dad in anything on television? Not only that, but played by the legendary Robert Townsend. That scene was beautiful. The first date story about the mother, the "supportive yet concerned" parent talk, the agitation from Sydney...that felt real. It felt true.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Will Poulter was 🔥 as Luca. I'd watch a spin off with just him low-key.

Not this mf Carm having a cellphone the entire time and not calling someone or texting rather than acting like a bytch to who he presumed to be Tina the entire time :gucci: .

Syd's high strung ass need some more time in the oven before she ready.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Will Poulter was 🔥 as Luca. I'd watch a spin off with just him low-key.

Not this mf Carm having a cellphone the entire time and not calling someone or texting rather than acting like a bytch to who he presumed to be Tina the entire time :gucci: .

Syd's high strung ass need some more time in the oven before she ready.
Yes! Will Poulter’s cameo was my favorite of all the celeb appearances throughout the show. Great episode and showing all that detail around the creation of gourmet desserts was really cool. Olivia Coleman as Chef Terry was my second favorite.

I was surprised some people didn’t realize Luca was talking about being the Pippen to Carm’s Jordan from jump in that episode.

Last edited: