“The average street nikka doesn’t have 10k saved up” - former Oakland street nikka

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It remindes me of ol boy that did a ama, the avg street nikka not making real bread, just enough to survive maybe fukk off at the club or get a whip and hook it up

I remember i was gon go in on some “product”and when they broke down I’d get what i invested plus 200-3 something profit, i was like :wtf: nah I’m good

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a RICO indictment in San Diego in 2014 for pimps/sex trafficking in a streetgang, skanless, balck mob, outside of the top defendants, the majority of the 40 some odd people, had little to no money, outside of what they spent in clubs, on bottles and that shyt. it's a lifestyle that you get.

That said, there is a lot of money in the drug game, and a lot of people have made it. I personally know people who lost 650k, and were still on (but they eventually fell off) people who made 700k in less than a year, people who had 20k at like 21 or 22, my closest friend lost 2 million, and was making probably 100k a month, sometimes every week. We were in a spot with like 4 money counters, he'd be having after parties, with money counters on the table, just reckless dumb shyt. Another in that circle had to forfeit about 5 m's.

I was in high school with a couple thousand in my pockets, going to class, counting money at my boys spot after school, I would get high and just start pulling out my bankroll, and friends of mine who didn't know, would be like where did you get all that shyt? Like a pile of 10's and 5's.
I have family members who did very well for themselves and have been living off the proceeds of the dope game to this day, even after serving time. On the other hand I know some people who ain’t made shyt after years in the game.

And you are absolutely right about that RICO case. I know a good amount of people that got caught up in that, especially from Skanless. My little bro ran with them back in the 90s.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
No shyt. I said in another post recently that my cousin and I were talking and somehow got on the topic of drug dealers. The conclusion was, if you take the number of dealers we’ve known throughout life and think about if any had their own car and own house, it was like 1 out of 10. Having a house with no car, 3 out of 10. Having a car with no house, 2 out of 5. Owning a legit business, 1 out of 50.

These nikkas do not be making no money unless they are big time in the game. Most are making enough to smoke up the profit and buy a couple new outfits

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have family members who did very well for themselves and have been living off the proceeds of the dope game to this day, even after serving time. On the other hand I know some people who ain’t made shyt after years in the game.

And you are absolutely right about that RICO case. I know a good amount of people that got caught up in that, especially from Skanless. My little bro ran with them back in the 90s.

I'm from Spring Valley, where a lot of that started. Yeah, you may know people on that RICO with all the West Coast crips from 2014 too, 3 Babiez and all that, OG got life. Randy Graves.

Most major indictments (59 indicted) (Sinaloa Cartel indictment targets 88 people or whatever) drug or sex trafficking, a lot the defendants, translated to most people on the street, are just barely moving a little pound of meth here or 10 pounds there, and making next to nothing.

Like 7 years ago, I was kinda laughing at those kids ionthe Skanless RICO, like these losers in a 2 star motel wearing robes. But, truthfully, you have to account for the lifestyle as such a major motivator.

You smoke blunts, sleep with women, go to clubs, don't wake up for work, travel OT, it's not a bad lifestyle if you want to be a rapper, or live a downgraded version. Most of those kids grow up pretty poor, without much opportunity, you think they want to work landscaping or some shyt? They didn't think they would go federal. You have to address poverty, and opportunity, there's always people who will defy and go the other way, but more will fall in line

You also have to understand that the path offered to a lot of people from all walks of life, is bullshyt. A bad deal.

Last edited:

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Of course not

From growing up around cousins and dudes in my neighborhood, majority of them nikkas invested in THE RIGHT NOW ( cars, clothes, nice small pad and women)

Fast forward to now, many of them nikkas ended up shacking up under some chick on section 8, hanging in front of gas stations and stores talking about what they had 20/25/30 years ago and I see a few working little different jobs and begging they baby mamas for some cash

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One of the more popular local hood Rap legends, Cellski, from my old hood in Frisco said “I made a hundred thousand dollars out them Frisco projects”. The same projects in my avi. I’m like is that 100k a year or 100k out of a lifetime of hustling :wtf:because I’m pretty sure that’s lifetime earnings he’s bragging about because he also claimed he “been in the dope game since about nine or ten” and how he “been selling dope for years and still ain’t rich” on his debut album back in 94’. The drug game is like basketball or football. You got hella nikkas that’s good in the local courts/fields or in high school, some good enough to play in college and very, very few go to the league making millions. :comeon:

The average street nikka selling dope is not Felix Mitchell, Rich Porter or Azie Faison. Anybody who really grew up in the hood could tell you that. One of the reasons why the murder rate in the hood is high is because of the jealousy that comes from certain hustling nikkas making a little bit more money than the next nikka.

I know exactly what song that is!! it's one of my favorites from The Jacka's Tear Gas, Won't be Right, I been running that since 2009. lol

You also have to account for who really teaches money management to underclass kids? And cost/benefit, for some it's worth it. I know people who made millions who have to sit down for 5. I know someone who got 300 months, dude is my age, and won't be out until he's 55. He had a good 300k or close when he got indicted.

you also qualify for how many people who work in banking *(work at bank) are making millions?

how many stockbrockers are making 5 m's a year?

how many people in any profession are in that top 3%?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Those cacs were the same ones who also said in their book that mass abortion dramatically lowered street crime :mjpls:

Not getting lead out of gasoline which almost certainly did it instead.

But it makes sense that they would mock Black people doing what they had to do in a deliberately economically deprived environment.
You’re really simplifying what the book says

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
A lot of people don't have 10k saved up
Pretty much. Wasn't there a study that said that most people don't even have 400 saved up in case of emergency? fukk around and have an overdue speeding ticket and be dodging police til you get a bonus or income tax