“The average street nikka doesn’t have 10k saved up” - former Oakland street nikka

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the more popular local hood Rap legends, Cellski, from my old hood in Frisco said “I made a hundred thousand dollars out them Frisco projects”. The same projects in my avi. I’m like is that 100k a year or 100k out of a lifetime of hustling :wtf:because I’m pretty sure that’s lifetime earnings he’s bragging about because he also claimed he “been in the dope game since about nine or ten” and how he “been selling dope for years and still ain’t rich” on his debut album back in 94’. The drug game is like basketball or football. You got hella nikkas that’s good in the local courts/fields or in high school, some good enough to play in college and very, very few go to the league making millions. :comeon:

The average street nikka selling dope is not Felix Mitchell, Rich Porter or Azie Faison. Anybody who really grew up in the hood could tell you that. One of the reasons why the murder rate in the hood is high is because of the jealousy that comes from certain hustling nikkas making a little bit more money than the next nikka.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
a grad student befriended a gd branch leader who gave him four years' worth of books... he made $100k, his bosses each made $500k, his three right hands made $7/hr, and his 75 soldiers made $3.30/hr :picard:

Back in the time of that study that 3.30 was the equivalent of $18 an hour. For an uneducated young kid with no introduction to work etiquette. That was Solid bread.

That $7 was like current day $36ish an hour. Enough money to save up and cop a home in a couple years.

The conclusion they found is that selling drugs was the best option for those growing up in the projects when you laid out all their options.

:yeshrug:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Back in the time of that study that 3.30 was the equivalent of $18 an hour. For an uneducated young kid with no introduction to work etiquette. That was Solid bread.

That $7 was like current day $36ish an hour. Enough money to save up and cop a home in a couple years.

The conclusion they found is that selling drugs was the best option for those growing up in the projects when you laid out all their options.

:yeshrug:
$3.30 from august 2000 is $5.71 now... and $7 is $12.12 which imo is pretty low for a chris partlow/slim charles type job :manny:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There was a RICO indictment in San Diego in 2014 for pimps/sex trafficking in a streetgang, skanless, balck mob, outside of the top defendants, the majority of the 40 some odd people, had little to no money, outside of what they spent in clubs, on bottles and that shyt. it's a lifestyle that you get.

That said, there is a lot of money in the drug game, and a lot of people have made it. I personally know people who lost 650k, and were still on (but they eventually fell off) people who made 700k in less than a year, people who had 20k at like 21 or 22, my closest friend lost 2 million, and was making probably 100k a month, sometimes every week. We were in a spot with like 4 money counters, he'd be having after parties, with money counters on the table, just reckless dumb shyt. Another in that circle had to forfeit about 5 m's.

I was in high school with a couple thousand in my pockets, going to class, counting money at my boys spot after school, I would get high and just start pulling out my bankroll, and friends of mine who didn't know, would be like where did you get all that shyt? Like a pile of 10's and 5's.

Last edited: