“The average street nikka doesn’t have 10k saved up” - former Oakland street nikka

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing with that Freakonomics study is it's highly highly secular, it's a specific group of people on a block, in a top down structure drug trafficking network, that is like a GD sect. There's a lot of variables to account for. Wholesalers, independents, middle men, white collar traffickers, white collar retailers, Mexico based importers, transporters. The idea that every drug dealer stands on a corner with retail amounts is not accurate.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
The risk of prison, paralysis or death was never worth any amount for me..
It's not. I know someone who was doing all that and he made okay money, enough to subsidize his lifestyle and take care of his mom a little bit and I told him it's a time limit on this shyt. If you're going this way regardless, make it a temporary fix. Got addicted to that fast money, stopped going to his regular job and got caught. Now he crying about how hard it is to find a job with his record. It took everything for me not to say "I told you so".

Daps
It's not. I know someone who was doing all that and he made okay money, enough to subsidize his lifestyle and take care of his mom a little bit and I told him it's a time limit on this shyt. If you're going this way regardless, make it a temporary fix. Got addicted to that fast money, stopped going to his regular job and got caught. Now he crying about how hard it is to find a job with his record. It took everything for me not to say "I told you so".

This isn't most former hustlers tho

This isn't a diss to u personally

But
Coli folks never been outside or to the hood so they not knowing

Most former street dudes did it for the money and banging the best looking women

Once it ran out they end up working regular jobs

Construction
Bus drivers
Ups/fed ex
Tow drivers/triple a

Where u think "reform thug" comes from lol

As long as u get out early enough and don't get a long bid

U can be straight

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

BIG articulated the whole dead end process perfectly..:wow:

"Now I'm thirteen, smoking blunts, making cream
On the drug scene, fukk a football team
Risking ruptured spleens by the age of sixteen
Hearing the coach scream ain't my lifetime dream
I mean, I want to blow up, stack my dough up
So school I didn't show up, it fukked my flow up
Mom said that I should grow up and check myself
Before I wreck myself, disrespect myself
Put the drugs on the shelf? Nah, couldn't see it
Scarface, King of New York, I want to be it
Rap was secondary, money was necessary
Until I got incarcerated, kinda scary
C74-Mark 8 set me straight
Not able to move behind the great steel gate
Time to contemplate, damn, where did I fail?
All the money I stacked was all the money for bail"

:umad:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
This isn't most former hustlers tho

This isn't a diss to u personally

But
Coli folks never been outside or to the hood so they not knowing

Most former street dudes did it for the money and banging the best looking women

Once it ran out they end up working regular jobs

Construction
Bus drivers
Ups/fed ex
Tow drivers/triple a

Where u think "reform thug" comes from lol

As long as u get out early enough and don't get a long bid

U can be straight

The “reformed thug“ is at MOST 10%. The other 90% are still struggling to survive or worst, still incarcerated or dead. That anecdote is only 1 of several from the men I went to school with or family members. In 2023 there’s no reason for young men to be getting in that illegal drug business. The risk is not worth it. Not to mention the family left behind when ppl get knocked and then they need commissary and for ppl to keep JPay funded. No bueno.

Daps
The “reformed thug“ is at MOST 10%. The other 90% are still struggling to survive or worst, still incarcerated or dead. That anecdote is only 1 of several from the men I went to school with or family members. In 2023 there’s no reason for young men to be getting in that illegal drug business. The risk is not worth it. Not to mention the family left behind when ppl get knocked and then they need commissary and for ppl to keep JPay funded. No bueno.

True but folks never envy hood dudes for they lifestyle

It was for the kind of black women they could fuk

The ones I knew ended up on they feet later on

Them dudes got a lot of kids

So they don't like standard jobs

Cause of child support

It's not a lifestyle to live

But some grew up in

Environment that all they knew

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I knew a few financially savvy street brehs. They didn’t blow boatloads of money on hoes, vacations, gambling, or other excesses. Only one of them got caught up with the law, the other two retired to civilian life. They might be in the minority of street entrepreneurs.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Thuggin' is a dead end career and lifestyle yet has been heavily promoted to Black youth by white Jewish record labels for over 3 decades now..these people are sick and evil.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Makes sense why a lot drugs dealers I went school with/classments who parents were drug dealers fell off. shyt wasnt as expensive as it is now.