The Avengers from the first MCU Avengers movie are all dead or otherwise out of the game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The MCU peaked with Infinity War & Endgame :manny:

The future of the MCU is looking kinda spooky though :francis:

People keep saying this while comparing a 10+ year arc to the Kang movies, which are 3 years away.

shyt makes zero sense.
Cats act like the MCU was dropping nonstop classics for it's first 10 years. Nostalgia is wild.:mjlol:

Once them Kang movies come out, nobody is gonna give a fukk about "She-Hulk", "The Eternals", or whatever, being mid.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
People keep saying this while comparing a 10+ year arc to the Kang movies, which are 3 years away.

shyt makes zero sense.
Cats act like the MCU was dropping nonstop classics for it's first 10 years. Nostalgia is wild.:mjlol:

Once them Kang movies come out, nobody is gonna give a fukk about "She-Hulk", "The Eternals", or whatever, being mid.

Fred.

True but the problem is acting like the mid and meh movies don't count.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
True but the problem is acting like the mid and meh movies don't count.

Count as far as what though?

The whole lure of the MCU is creating a connected universe and building towards arcs. Like in the comics.

If a couple movies don't hit, it's still building towards something. Which means people are more likely to forgive missteps.

The last arc is done so people see the vision from start to finish. The issue now is, people are looking at the culmination of the previous arc and trying to compare it to what's currently going on. When there was nothing to compare it to before.

Basically what I'm saying is, if those Kang movies are mid then yes, 100% shyt on the state of the MCU. But you can't say "the MCU is mid right now" when the arc isn't even half over. Nobody did that leading up to "Infinity War".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kang and DOOM lurking in the cut is a spooky sight indeed. I’m glad I’m not an Avenger. :picard:

What's crazy is I forgot about DOOM.

Yeah, I dunno what cats are talking about. Saying the MCU is washed now half way through the arc would be like saying you ain't checking for "Infinity War" because "Thor 2" was trash.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Count as far as what though?

The whole lure of the MCU is creating a connected universe and building towards arcs. Like in the comics.

If a couple movies don't hit, it's still building towards something. Which means people are more likely to forgive missteps.

The last arc is done so people see the vision from start to finish. The issue now is, people are looking at the culmination of the previous arc and trying to compare it to what's currently going on. When there was nothing to compare it to before.

Basically what I'm saying is, if those Kang movies are mid then yes, 100% shyt on the state of the MCU. But you can't say "the MCU is mid right now" when the arc isn't even half over. Nobody did that leading up to "Infinity War".

Fred.

Always been more mid. Majority of the movies are mid if we being real. The great ones are GREAT but way more mid.

Phase 1 had IM1 and Avengers - rest were mid/meh
Phase 2 had Winter Solder (GOAT MCU movie IMO) and GOTG - rest were mid/meh
Phase 3 was the best with Infinity War, Civil War, and BP (3 of their best 5 movies). By FAR the best phase.
Phase 4 just totally meh. Spidey is the best in this so far. Hopefully WF closes out Phase 4 with a bang.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What's crazy is I forgot about DOOM.

Yeah, I dunno what cats are talking about. Saying the MCU is washed now half way through the arc would be like saying you ain't checking for "Infinity War" because "Thor 2" was trash.

Fred.

If we can just get a Doom reference/cameo in WF, I'll maybe forgive Feige. WE WANT VIC!!!!!

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Always been more mid. Majority of the movies are mid if we being real. The great ones are GREAT but way more mid.

Phase 1 had IM1 and Avengers - rest were mid/meh
Phase 2 had Winter Solder (GOAT MCU movie IMO) and GOTG - rest were mid/meh
Phase 3 was the best with Infinity War, Civil War, and BP (3 of their best 5 movies). By FAR the best phase.
Phase 4 just totally meh. Spidey is the best in this so far. Hopefully WF closes out Phase 4 with a bang.

Yeah I agree but nobody cared about any of that when Thanos was beating the fukk outta Hulk in the first 5 minutes of "Infinity War".
Apply the same thing to Kang. Nobody is gonna be in the theater for "The Kang Dynasty" like :patrice:"eh I dunno....She-Hulk was twerking 3 years ago."

Fred.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah I agree but nobody cared about any of that when Thanos was beating the fukk outta Hulk in the first 5 minutes of "Infinity War".
Apply the same thing to Kang. Nobody is gonna be in the theater for "The Kang Dynasty" like :patrice:"eh I dunno....She-Hulk was twerking 3 years ago."

Fred.

I still don't know how that terrible CGI was approved for She-Hulk. shyt looked like PS2 cutscene animation. :scust: