The Audacity: Dad offers son $30K. Son's fiancée wants written agreement of 50/50 split of the gift

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
That father failed his son a long time ago. Part of his duty as a father is teach his son about the type of woman he should want to spend his life with.
The woman ain't completely wrong either but the dad knows his son already lost and is a fukking idiot that's headed for divorce before he even gets married. Some lessons have to be reinforced the hard way but not with my money.
Her parents divorce has her hella jaded.

If she feels that way about marriage simply don’t get married.

And they should take care of all their debts first. Live in that one bedroom and pay off your student loans first!

who tryna pay a house now anyway? Wait till that bytch crash some more!

if she has an exit plan already going into it why the fukk is she going into it?! :snoop:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Before Marriage:

Marriage is all about love

iu

After Marriage

*man gets a dollar*

iu
:francis: #GMB

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Father is an idiot

Son is an idiot

Daughter in-law to be is an idiot

Father - Clearly the two of them cannot afford to purchase a house. Also the IRS will look into their finances if you give them a gift larger than 10k. This will likely ensure that they will not be able to buy a home without your name added to the list.

Son - Marrying a gold-digger... who gold digs over 15k?

Daughter - If you care about money so much... realize that your father in-law is about to drop 30k on you and get you a house. You're not gonna do much better than that

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
She said her parents agreed with her that “she should protect herself”. Her parents have been divorced, and reportedly their primary residence down payment had been financed partially by her mother’s father. When they divorced her mother retained that portion.

My son had already agreed that any house they buy would be split 50/50 in case they divorced, even though he would essentially supply the rest of the down payment, as she is still paying off student debt and has little savings.

iu

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I don't think he should give his son that money.
What his dad need to do is put that money into some conservative investment and give it to his son after the divorce. It's then he's really going to need it.
As a parent you hate to see your kid out there pouring jelly on themselves, but fukk it, life will reinforce the lessons that you should have been taught them.