The Audacity: Dad offers son $30K. Son's fiancée wants written agreement of 50/50 split of the gift

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s because they REALLY BELIEVE they’ve “earned” it somehow :pachaha:

the power of “belief” is a really amazing thing. Makes ppl believe the earth is flat...

These kats really do. My nephew 19 and brought home all Fs and one D from college and gonna ask his parents so umm does this mean yall ain't buying me a car...:mjlol:

My brother inlaw says buying you a car....shyt boy you might be living under a bridge with the homeless once I am done with you...:mjlol:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
"My son had already agreed that any house they buy would be split 50/50 in case they divorced, even though he would essentially supply the rest of the down payment, as she is still paying off student debt and has little savings."

Disaster waiting to happen. This is all I need to know.

His father should just fukking kill himself. You don't allow your child to do any goofy shyt like that. You protect them from themselves no matter the age. Tell that man to go get a better fit for him. His future wife is planning for replacement.
betas raise betas...

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Is the person who answered the original letter a man or a woman? This is the second time someone has posted one of these type of things that i've seen and then the columnist gives the dumbest answers i've ever seen while trying to defend the lunacy of some dumbass female. The father needs to tell his son to get away from that idiot bytch while he still can. All these red flags and these morons still get caught up in 2020.

edit: of course it's a literal fakkit answering the column. makes sense now.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He shouldn’t marry her if that’s what she is concerned about. If someone is offering us as a couple $30k to buy a house, I’d be looking for a house, not worrying about a split.

Then her dumb ass parents.

The girl dumb. Like my mom says you got to know when you winning and be quiet. Heffa would fukk up coke deal transaction and would get everyone killed in the exchange. Talking about where my cut I know you paying a million for this dope but I need my cut first from yall boss. Tell them no deal till I get my money separate from everyone else...:mjlol:

I hate stupid people...I really do.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I'm confused. The money's going to the crib and he agreed to split the crib should they split. So after the split she wants him to rustle up 15k?...:what:
Dog, don’t try to figure that shyt out. Her father in law just offered them a down payment on a home and she talking about y’all gone owe me half of that

it’s the definition of trifling...

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
That father failed his son a long time ago. Part of his duty as a father is teach his son about the type of woman he should want to spend his life with.
The woman ain't completely wrong either but the dad knows his son already lost and is a fukking idiot that's headed for divorce before he even gets married. Some lessons have to be reinforced the hard way but not with my money.

Fair. The principle of what she’s asking isn’t terrible, but the balls of her to ask that with such confidence tells me enough I need to know about her.

Good friend of mine went through a similar thing. His future father-in-law gave them 20k for a down payment for him and his fiancé. They bought the house and were livin in that bytch and everything :merchant:
No paper work but my friend and the dad had a very frank conversation beforehand where pops was like “Now you know if yall don’t get married or somethin happens, ima need that back :ufdup:

For a number of reasons my buddy ended it about 2-3 months before the wedding. It was a whole mess he had to sell the house himself and go about splitting up all the furniture inside w/ her parents, the fiancé wouldn’t speak to him.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
It is a red flag and the son knows which is why he told his dad and is no longer looking at new places.

He effectively wants someone to confirm to him that it isn't right. Think about how bent out of shape women get when asked to sign a prenup. Now think about what it would take to demand agreements that secures goodwill not intended for her.
entitlement is the disease. she doesn't want kids with the breh either and uses a bs excuse. Look at Jeezy's asian wife, she was married to a cac she didn't want kids with, now she's down to get seeded up by Jeezy?

listen, some women know who to play.

she thinks she can get what she wants "half" from him post divorce then really start her life.

I know women who've done this, ain't shyt hoes with angelic faces and dispositions with demonic motives.

their mothers and girlfriends teach them that men are to be used strictly for resources and dik.

If a man cannot discern the intent of the woman he's laying with, he ought not to be laying with her.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"My son had already agreed that any house they buy would be split 50/50 in case they divorced, even though he would essentially supply the rest of the down payment, as she is still paying off student debt and has little savings."

Relationship is doomed already :dead::dead::dead::dead:

Reminds me of that scene in the movie black dynamite where all the pimps are talking. When in the scene I believe brian mcknight character is talking to another pimp. Brian McKnight character says something like that dude ain't no pimp he a valet for hoes.

And thats what is happening here. This dude just a valet, maid and shelter for this heffa. He need to punt this heffa to the opponents 20 yard line and find him someone else.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That father failed his son a long time ago. Part of his duty as a father is teach his son about the type of woman he should want to spend his life with.
The woman ain't completely wrong either but the dad knows his son already lost and is a fukking idiot that's headed for divorce before he even gets married. Some lessons have to be reinforced the hard way but not with my money.
No the woman is 100% wrong. Wtf is wrong with u. How can she feel entitled to anything she had no part in??? That’s not her money. I honestly feel bad for a lot of y’all dudes on here.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
The woman is completely wrong. her responsibility is to him, not her solo future. Run dude run.