The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But Russia could had ended the war with possible less casualties of innocents. It was not neccessary to use the bomb to stop Nazis
Different type of battlefield and mentality. The Germans, for the most part, were soldiers and people who believed in propelling their country forward after WW1 - with willful ignorance, racism, and heavy doses of propaganda spread around unevenly. Germans were surrendering in massive numbers once the writing was on the wall regarding the supply shortages, numerous defeats, and the governments inability to convince the population that there was a victory to be had.

Imperial Japan doesn't get the credit it deserves anymore. At the time they didn't see the Emperor like a simple ruler or charismatic leader, but a straight up religious leader and direct link to God. God said we good - so we good. There was actually a huge conflict not too long ago about how Japanese schoolbook publishers tried to remove the fact the military coerced large numbers of their own citizens into mass suicide rather than accepting surrender. They wouldn't just kill themselves, they forced their own people to hold that too. They'd die of starvation while fighting.

Russia coming down after Japan had just beat them previously? Would've just galvanized them even more and the whole mainland would've been cleaned out.

Asante

All Star
Daps
We're talking war crimes. Congo was a crime against humanity, but it wasn't a war crime because the atrocities weren't committed as part of a war. Unlike the holocaust, were German troops invaded foreign territories and then proceeded to round up the jewish population and either shot them directly or deported them to death camps.

The Germans weren’t “at war” with it’s German civilians though. They simply committed atrocities against the “u desirables”.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Germans weren’t “at war” with it’s German civilians though. They simply committed atrocities against the “u desirables”.
Most of the jews murdered in the holocaust were from occupied territories in Eastern Europe and killed by Reichswehr and SS in mass shootings.

Daps
It's funny watching all the coli militants go all "USA! USA!" whenever military topics pop up.

Dudes are indistinguishable from the average trumptard

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
I like the Japanese but Imperial Japan were sadistic demons.
The Nanking massacre was even more horrific, and they got that karma returned to them, Weeks of torture, and raping vs Instant Death

to this day theirs resentment of the Japanese in China

21612029.jpg

this pic is too fukked up :mjcry:
DQ8rh1pXcAAUiiG.jpg

This can't be life

Last edited:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It’s insane to me that we are taught to see it as a necessary and justified act. Yes, Japan refused to surrender, attacked us first, and their military committed horrific acts on the
Chinese and Koreans.

But, none of that justifies obliterating two cities full of children.
:mindblown:

The rape of Nanking was pretty brutal, in addition to attacking Pearl Harbor unprovoked. Many children were raped and killed in that massacre. :francis:

The Allies also issued the Potsdam Declaration to Japan, though they didn't tell them they had functional nukes in their pocket.

They were warned :ld:

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
I always wondered if they dropped them out in the country or off the coast for low civilian casualties and told them to sign the papers or the next ones going on their heads :ufdup: if that would have had the same effect.

Daps
:ohhh: yall know something... we're in here talking about all the cultural art that came about as a result of the war and folks using Godzilla and mechs as stand ins for widespread destruction on film...

But I just realized DBZ is the same thing. Think about it, the US went SSJ first by developing and dropping the bombs and then the race was on from other countries to go SSJ too

:whoo:

And now we got several super saiyans roaming the world.

Or I could just be a huge fan of DBZ and seeing something that ain't there :pachaha:

Daps
That Japanese Military was something else brehs. The War Minister committed seppuku when they Japanese surrendered like a samurai or something. Them nikkas were serious about their pride and honor.

:whoo:

As War Minister, Anami was outspoken against the idea of surrender, despite his awareness that Japan's losses on the battlefield and the destruction of Japan's cities and industrial capability by American bombing meant that by this point Japan had lost the war militarily.[4] Even after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Anami opposed acceptance of the Potsdam Declaration, and proposed instead that a large-scale battle be fought on the Japanese mainland causing such massive Allied casualties that Japan would somehow be able to evade surrender and perhaps even keep some of what it had conquered.[5]

Eventually, his arguments against what he perceived to be the dishonor of surrender were overcome when Emperor Hirohito ordered an end to the war; Anami's supporters suggested that he either vote against surrender or resign from the Cabinet. Instead, he ordered his officers to concede, later saying to his brother-in-law, "As a Japanese soldier, I must obey my Emperor."[6] He informed the officers of the War Ministry of the decision, and that as it was an Imperial command, they must obey.[6] His refusal to support any action against the Imperial decision was a key point in the failure of the Kyūjō incident, an attempted military coup d'état by junior officers to prevent the surrender announcement from being broadcast.[4]

On 14 August 1945, Anami signed the surrender document with the rest of the cabinet, then died by suicide by seppuku early the next morning.[7] His suicide note read: "I—with my death—humbly apologize to the Emperor for the great crime."[8] This cryptic note is open to multiple interpretations.[9]

Anami's grave is at Tama Cemetery, in Fuchū, Tokyo. His sword, blood-splattered dress uniform, and suicide note are on display at the Yūshūkan Museum next to Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rape of Nanking bothers me more. Japanese soldiers were on a whole other level of demonic.

A lot of Koreans and Chinese hate the Japanese to this day.

Unit 731 is some sick shyt too.

I think the focus on the Nazis and concentration camps sometimes makes the casual historian forget how fukked up Imperial Japan was

Anyway the winner always writes the history books

Last edited: