The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, I’m sure white people were racist but I doubt they were cool with 6 million people getting cooked alive or having Germany turn that rage on them. Hitler was going to be Hitler regardless. All of Europe ganging up on Germany in WWI, the destruction of Germany and the immediate events following the war ensured that. It all started basically because Europe was threatened by the unification of Germany and their emergence as a world power. They put down them only to get a mad man come back for revenge twenty years later. I’m pretty sure people/countries tried to be cool with Hitler the same way we try to find common ground with authoritarian leaders today. Erdogan has been extremely open about his desire to kill off the Kurds. We cool with him. Jinping been killing Muslims, oversees a regressive draconian government and has committed numerous human rights violations. For the longest, we were cool with dude. Salman took a chainsaw to a reporter, jailed all his relatives, ordered the deaths of Ethiopian immigrants and waged war against Yemen. We cool with him. The Obama Administration tried to patch things up with Khamenei and he’s a psycho. Kim Jong Un? Putin? Enough said. That doesn’t even go into all the Middle Eastern strongman leaders we supported in the past like Saddam, Gaddafi, even Bin Laden was a tool of ours at once. We’re doing the same thing. So I can imagine back then they tried to find common ground with Hitler (especially considering no one wanted another world war that caused 60-100 million to die) until it was clear it was a lost cause.
:gucci:

One Of My Articles said:
At Madison Square Garden, the rally opened with the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag. The mood was jubilant. Attendees wore Nazi armbands, waved American flags and held aloft posters with slogans like "Stop Jewish Domination of Christian America." There were storm troopers in the aisles, their uniforms almost identical to those of Nazi Germany. "It looked like any political rally — only with a Nazi twist," said Arnie Bernstein, author of Swastika Nation.

The speeches were explicitly anti-Semitic, and tirades against "job-taking Jewish refugees" were met with thunderous applause. "They demanded a white gentile America. They denounced Roosevelt as 'Rosenfeld,' to say that Roosevelt was in the pocket of rich Jews," said Sarah Churchwell, author of Behold, America. In equal measure to the xenophobia, the speeches were loaded with American boosterism.

One of the main speakers, Gerhard Wilhelm Kunze, the national public relations director of the Bund, pointed to the white supremacy present at America's founding as a nation. "The spirit which opened the West and built our country is the spirit of the militant white man," he preached. Kunze followed the thread of racism that runs through American history to bolster his vision for a whites-only America. He cited anti-miscegenation laws, the Chinese Exclusion Act, Jim Crow policies and immigration quotas. "It has then always been very much American to protect the Aryan character of this nation," Kunze told the audience.

Oh there were American's that weren't just not bothered by it, they were FINE WITH IT.

One thing you can bet on is American indifference to those they view as beneath them.
This is the same America where BLACK AMERICANS were still openly being murdered and denied their rights.
:pachaha:
Yet somehow, someway they couldn't feel indifferent to people in an entirely DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

And to say "They were racist" as if to understate their vile disgusting culture isn't the move.
A lot of the norms of America were fukking despicable.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:mjcry::mjpls::mjcry:
EfGTywYXgAAE_zh
:deadmanny:
Is that real?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
He figured Japan fighting a 2-front war would be enough to force their surrender, but that would have cost hundreds of thousands of American lives and dragged on for years. The bombs were a far more efficient way to force their surrender and end the war immediately as the Japanese Government had no plans to stop fighting.​
Its also worth noting, Stalin was not committing to a 2-front war due to beef over Poland in which he felt the Americans and Brits were not honoring the Yalta conference agreement...

The Japs knew the Americans would be foolish to invade mainland Japan on their own, which is why the thought they could stall and negotiate favorable terms as long as Stalin was not committing to the second front....

Truman said fukk that, its unconditional or you die, I can end this war right now without sacrificing American lives and he did that...

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh there were American's that weren't just not bothered by it, they were FINE WITH IT.

One thing you can bet on is American indifference to those they view as beneath them.
This is the same America where BLACK AMERICANS were still openly being murdered and denied their rights.
Yet somehow, someway they couldn't feel indifferent to people in an entirely DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

And to say "They were racist" as if to understate their vile disgusting culture isn't the move.

None of that disproves what I said. Being racist and being cool with millions of people being cooked alive are two different things. Especially when you know he’s coming for you afterward. Also, you looking at Nazi imagery with 2020 eyes. After knowing all the terror they caused. In the 1930s, the Nazis were just a new order. That era’s version of the Alt Right. So I’m sure racist whites thought the Nazis were cool at first. But at the end of the day, America/most of Europe wasn’t down with everything the Nazis were about, America/most of Europe did join the war and America/most of Europe did fight and destroy the Nazis. The end :yeshrug:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
WW 2 always fascinated me.

Some little known facts. Bush Sr and some more pilots were shot down. Bush was rescued. But the other pilots were captured and eaten by japanese soldiers...yes eaten.

An agreement to the surrender was that the emperor of Japan could not be tried on war crimes.

The japanese had an agreement with the US to surrender before fat boy and little boy was dropped. But the US wanted unconditional surrender. Before fat boy and little boy was dropped Japan was working on a surrender with more favorable agreements with Russia.

The Japanese thought the US has many more atomic bombs and that is why they surrendered. When actually the US only had two.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

This hate for jews or sentiment that they have influence on governments has been happening for milleniums...crazy

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:usure:

To this day I am not convinced the U.S. didn't know it was coming. I believe there were high ranking people in the government that wanted to enter WWII but the public was against it and they were not prepared, having only about 100,000 troops ready to fight. Pearl Harbor solved all of that. You now had your "Look they started it" moment to justify getting in, and the patriotism that arose compelled hundreds of thousands to sign up for the military.

But hey, maybe its true that they thought the blips on the radar coming towards Pearl Harbor that morning was actually a flock of birds :sas1::sas2:

The way our government does us, I wouldn't be shocked one bit. :francis:

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
It’s insane to me that we are taught to see it as a necessary and justified act. Yes, Japan refused to surrender, attacked us first, and their military committed horrific acts on the
Chinese and Koreans.

But, none of that justifies obliterating two cities full of children.
:mindblown:

I say this all the time. We dropped two of them!!

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
:usure:

They didn't surrender until after the second bomb. By 'they' I mean the people running Japan, aka 'The Big Six'. The calls for surrender you're referring to, like Yoshio Fujimura and Masutard Inoue, weren't endorsed by them at all. The Germans surrendered in May, but the Japanese were still fighting in the Pacific. The Allies wanted Japan's complete surrender in July but Japan ignored it. After Hiroshima was destroyed, the Japanese continued fighting believing, correctly, that we could only have one or two more bombs. They figured they could withstand the additional damage and continued to fight.
Fair enough. You're right.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
to be fair.......

Absolutely NOTHING about combat is ever fair. A dude in our AO lost a leg thinking the enemy wouldn’t dare target the porta-potty’s with a recoiless rifle. It’s always been about getting the upper hand by any means. There isn’t any right or wrong while there is fighting going on. You can try your best to mutually agree to limits but it always spills outside of those pre-determined limits.
Wait what? Dude using porta-potty’s like home base in tag on the battlefield? I need more details on this. He called timeout and went to take a shyt and got shot? :dwillhuh: