The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's wild how the bombing of Tokyo always goes over looked.

America saw a large city made up of almost entirely of wood and paper and thought, "hey let's incinerate all these women, children and elderly. Oh that didn't work? Well let's continue bombing civilians in smaller cities as well :francis:"

One hell of a spin flipping the wholesale slaughter of civilians into a proud American moment.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Breh, are you familiar with the Nanking massacre?:usure:

JP got us beat on the whole war crime game. It was one full week of raping and murdering anything with a pulse irregardless of gender,age,or marital status. I ain’t about to play the oppression olympics but i think what JP did to China(and the rest of Asia) is worse.:manny:

Took Korean women back as sex slaves and NEVER TO THIS DAY have admitted it.

There are like a couple left, and the government is just like :yeshrug:

When the last one dies, there will be a quiet apology if that. My love of anime doesn't change that their history is just as fukked up as a lot of countries :wow:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havent china and japan had beef dating back way before that nanking shyt? Yall sayin china hates japanese people. Well japanese people hate chinese people just the same :yeshrug:

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
I like the Japanese but Imperial Japan were sadistic demons.
The Nanking massacre was even more horrific, and they got that karma returned to them, Weeks of torture, and raping vs Instant Death

to this day theirs resentment of the Japanese in China

21612029.jpg

this pic is too fukked up :mjcry:
DQ8rh1pXcAAUiiG.jpg

This can't be life
Nanking was so fukked up, the Nazi ambassador took a look and was like, whoa, slow down on the overly enthusiastic ethnic cleansing. The Nazi consulate also ended up working to save Chinese lives, giving the Japanese the dubious distinction, at least in this one particular instance, of being worse than the fukking Nazis.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
Breh, are you familiar with the Nanking massacre?:usure:

JP got us beat on the whole war crime game. It was one full week of raping and murdering anything with a pulse irregardless of gender,age,or marital status. I ain’t about to play the oppression olympics but i think what JP did to China(and the rest of Asia) is worse.:manny:
I literally referenced it in the comment you replied to

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
8 pages on this literal gradeschool bait thread? :gucci:

Edit: Nevermind, I see some actual discussion going on in here. Carry on :ehh:
Please explain to me how it’s a bait thread or elementary in anyway. You all throw that word out over everything. Who am I fukking baiting? I acknowledged the horrific acts committed by Japanese Military. The coming of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were still crimes against humanity. They ordered the whole sale obliteration of children to win a war. I can’t agree with the premise that this is something that should be measured lightly because the Japanese military was evil.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nanking was so fukked up, the Nazi ambassador took a look and was like, whoa, slow down on the overly enthusiastic ethnic cleansing. The Nazi consulate also ended up working to save Chinese lives, giving the Japanese the dubious distinction, at least in this one particular instance, of being worse than the fukking Nazis.
When the Nazis say you doing too much :francis:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Please explain to me how it’s a bait thread or elementary in anyway. You all throw that word out over everything. Who am I fukking baiting? I acknowledged the horrific acts committed by Japanese Military. The coming of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were still crimes against humanity. They ordered the whole sale obliteration of children to win a war. I can’t agree with the premise that this is something that should be measured lightly because the Japanese military was evil.
I'm supposed to believe bum ass TLR posters care about post-WW2 Japan and yall can't even unify as black folks because some youtube personality told yall otherwise?

Pardon my skepticism :unimpressed:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Best response in this thread. It certainly ranks above the bombing as far as horrific events in the 20th century. I was only unsure if it could be classified as a war crime.

The Hague did set up a court and people were convicted so it should be classified as war crimes

What they did is disgusting literally wiped out over half a million people in a year

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I always wondered if they dropped them out in the country or off the coast for low civilian casualties and told them to sign the papers or the next ones going on their heads :ufdup: if that would have had the same effect.

wasnt feasible with the nukes in our arsenal

if the usa had more then yeah that would have been more strongly considered. they werent going to waste one